Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:53:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I figured out my "Timeout Issue"...fixed newest version hanging...  (Read 206 times)
bakd247 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:20:02 PM

I made a post a while back asking for help with my wallet and got nothing but talked down too and left to fend for my self...for the second time....
I'm sorry but there are some people on this forum who are Freeggin Clueless giving "Tech Support" and have any idea of what they're talking about saying "File fragmentation does not cause timeouts".....that is the biggest line of crap I have ever read because if it were true then defragmenting the drive would not have fixed the first timeout issue...and if a file is fragmentted then the drive wont be able to read it anyways..causing a timeout....

I did get one reply form someone saying I should check to see what was causing the timeout....however my inital question about what my debug log said was "why would the connection be timing out"?

I figured this out....again had nothing to do with bitcoin in anyway and was a drive issue....
Also just found that when I start QT with the batch file and I have Task Manager open....it loads the splash screen just fine and then when it goes to the "Not Responding" there seems to be 2 or 3 "COM Surrogate" background applications that open...once I end both of those tasks...bitcoin qt works just fine...so these "COM" surrogates are the issue... I looked it up and Google says that there may be "Trojan Software"  which doesn't make sense to me as I think windows is seeing the incoming connections to my node and calling that Trojan....

I searched through the "Debug Log" file and there is no "Timeout" in the file...I used Ctrl + "F" to "Find" Timeout with no results in the document...also scrolled and saw only syncingi of the headers so bitcoin is no longer showing me the timeout in the log file and the timeout it has something to do with the connections when i start my node...

the wallet works just fine when I defrag and optimize the drive and end the task of the "Com Surrogates"...the "Com Surrogates" only pop up as a "second timeout"....

first it times out..with NO "Com Surrogate" background apps.....I run defrag...then it times out one step further......with 2 "Com Surrogate" background apps running.....I end the tasks and it opens just fine

any thoughts from someone who has a clue for a change?
otherwise I'll just not ask anyone again....hopefully this post will help someone who is having the same issue and doesn't leave them to fend for themselves...

Sorry for venting as I mean to hurt noones feelings and am only trying to help those who need help....Please Do Not respond to this Post if your just going to talk crap and argue....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: