Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to sell BTC for BCH ?  (Read 2276 times)
bjbear123 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:53:08 PM

Is it time to sell BTC for some BCH ? Maybe sell 25% holdings of BTC to buy BCH ?

I don't know what to do as I don't have any BCH... what are others doing

If I send 0.2 BTC to an exchange will the BTC transaction get confirmed ? Because there is a big backlog in transactions ??

BTC: 1Q3B9pr84adJJxBNmo3w3FaEWgcCjCSPTv | ETH: 0x1A053Df90E06f59fc7Aeb12F7a7Ea1f47FA53748 | LTC: LYUQYCy7S68Yry2qv3XRC7xx62GbHZEWhH | BCH: lol Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uacdeepfield

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:55:00 PM

In the last 24 hours I've thought about it as well but everytime I do it just feels like emotions getting the better of me. I'm just gonna sit and see what happens. I have a personal thresh hold for my cashout but if that happens I don't think I'll be buying anything again for a while.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:58:25 PM

There's no proper answer to your question yet. BCH is scoring big numbers since last few days and their market cap is also going up fast. That increase shows that people are investing in BCH in big numbers seeing the growth. So that is not a bad idea to invest at least some percentage of your crypto portfolio in BCH. I mean, as an investor, we all want to make profits. So if we are getting an opportunity like this, why not!

But most probably BCH is riding on a bubble and it will burst soon. As a long term bitcoin investor, the majority of my crypto portfolio belongs to bitcoin only and it will remain the same. Because in long term, bitcoin is the best currency to hold.

Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

Yesterday and early today people made crazy loads of balances by selling bitcoin and buying BCC. I think now the time has passed already, I feel safe in sticking with bitcoin only. I dont know why but I dont like bitcoincash or even bitcoin gold.
bjbear123 (OP)

Activity: 181

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:01:37 PM

But if we hold 0 BCH it might be worth selling BTC so we hold equal amounts ?

The problem is, if I use an exchange like shapeshift, will the BTC transaction get confirmed as the huge backlog ?

BTC: 1Q3B9pr84adJJxBNmo3w3FaEWgcCjCSPTv | ETH: 0x1A053Df90E06f59fc7Aeb12F7a7Ea1f47FA53748 | LTC: LYUQYCy7S68Yry2qv3XRC7xx62GbHZEWhH | BCH: lol Wink
Cryptotally

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:02:20 PM

I have some in my portfolio.

It's always good to diversify. Bitcoin has weaknesses. Competitors have destroyed big business and big religion, change is the only certainty.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:07:35 PM

you think that might be he reason for the decreasing vaue of btc?

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:20:38 PM

Is it time to sell BTC for some BCH ? Maybe sell 25% holdings of BTC to buy BCH ?

If I send 0.2 BTC to an exchange will the BTC transaction get confirmed ? Because there is a big backlog in transactions ??
This isn't the time to move your BTC or make any kind of transactions (unless it's an urgent matter) given how the mempool is a complete chaos and fees are extremely expensive. If you really need to make a transaction, then be ready to pay a high fee. Otherwise, be patient and wait.
Also, forget about altcoincash, if you panic sell your BTC, then most likely youl will end up losing money in the long run. Instead, you should buy more BTC.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:23:35 PM

No its time for bitcoin to make another big bull run and BCH might get dumped to less than $500. Current pump on Bitcoin cash was really insane, its just a hype nothing more.

Its time to hold bitcoin selling all alts you have.
lzby2000

Activity: 379

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:24:48 PM

The right way, I think, is to buy bitcoin and hold it all the time. In fact, today's crazy BCH does not have too many individuals to enter, most of the funds are banker. It's dangerous. It's not recommended to buy too much BCH, and the price is already high now.

--►Telegram --►Twitter
--►Ann Thread              PIPSCHAIN - HYBRID EXCHANGE
Bringing you fiat & crypto currency in one platform!     --►Whitepaper--► Website 
--►Medium
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:26:28 PM

Why guys you simply don't invest to a real asset like ETH or NEO or to a platform that does something but to burn electric energy and try to find a sha256... I don't understand why you "invest" your money to a liability by it's nature.   Huh

BTW my opinion for the question is, BCH is better than BTC, keep in mind that both are heavy centralized ...
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

OH man, no no no no what is wrong with everyone.
DAN444

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

What needs to be discussed is the fact that BTC transactions are not being validated.
They're hanging in limbo.
Is this due to a transition of hashing power towards Bitcoin Cash?

Interesting post created in July: https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:32:47 PM

yes if you want to buy BCH you have to spend a bit of bitcoin that you pnya, but not all bitcoin you have and sell it just to buy BCH. yes it is currently increasing the value of BCH as many people say that BCH will continue to increase in value, yes walaupaun I just like you do not have BCH. but if I have a little capital to buy BCH I will buy and hold BCH until the time comes for me to sell it.
trinketmage

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:33:05 PM

People need to understand that the rise of BCH is due to massive market manipulation and basically nothing else than an orchestrated plot to kill Bitcoin. Big BTC holders have switched over to BCH while miners simultaneously stopped supporting Bitcoin. It´s not organic growth.

That´s why selling coins now could make you loose at lot, that is by swapping from Bitcoin to cash. The only reasonable risk diversification I see is to move BTC to other assets like Ether that have been more or less stable throughout the last weeks, assets that are not involved in this battle.
DAN444

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:41:10 PM

So the question is, if BTC transactions actually went through, what would the price of BTC be?
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:44:45 PM

in order to invest in an altcoin which has a pump you have to invest in it when it is not yet pumped not after everyone else bought and whales were beginning to dump their stash on the newbies.

there may be a little more pump left in bitcoin cash but it is certainly already late for a proper profit out of this altcoin. you will be taking a big rise if you buy now.

There is a FOMO brewing...
JohnHero

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:47:42 PM

in order to invest in an altcoin which has a pump you have to invest in it when it is not yet pumped not after everyone else bought and whales were beginning to dump their stash on the newbies.

there may be a little more pump left in bitcoin cash but it is certainly already late for a proper profit out of this altcoin. you will be taking a big rise if you buy now.

I couldn't agree with you more! Buy low sell high and don't let emotions make decisions for you. If you didn't have BCH before the pump, now it's just a little to late to get on the moon train.
Etoasiatsxxx

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

The Future Of Work

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:53:09 PM

That's what you do not do because you may lose it. BCC is now falling because it's just a hype. Believe me as a trader and I know what's happening
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:59:11 PM

There's no proper answer to your question yet. BCH is scoring big numbers since last few days and their market cap is also going up fast. That increase shows that people are investing in BCH in big numbers seeing the growth. So that is not a bad idea to invest at least some percentage of your crypto portfolio in BCH. I mean, as an investor, we all want to make profits. So if we are getting an opportunity like this, why not! But most probably BCH is riding on a bubble and it will burst soon. As a long term bitcoin investor, the majority of my crypto portfolio belongs to bitcoin only and it will remain the same. Because in long term, bitcoin is the best currency to hold.

I have the same feeling with this whole BitcoinCash bull crap going on. All of these migration to BCH right now is under the assumption that Bitcoin is already dead and that there is nothing we can do about it, period! But is that really the case...meaning no one does not care about Bitcoin anymore and it can not be resurrected? I really doubt it...if Bitcoin did not died when it experienced so many much bigger crashes (in terms of percentage) before then I believe that it can be able to survive this new attack.

I am sure that the silent majority can be thinking what if one day they would be waking up to find out that it is already BitcoinCash taking the throne left by Bitcoin? What if Bitcoin is just valued at $100 a piece? Only time can tell what will be though there is a need for us to decide whether to do something about this or just do nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: