Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bithumb: Fake volume or not?  (Read 287 times)
Piesel (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:02:52 PM

Bithumb is the biggest local exchange which locate in Korea. Recently, most of the volume of bitcoin and bitcoin cash, as well as other cryptos, are extremely high here. The volume is somehow not true to me because I do not believe that Korean does care about crypto and the blockchain. What just happens? Do they become smarter?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:56:44 PM

Bithumb is the biggest local exchange which locate in Korea. Recently, most of the volume of bitcoin and bitcoin cash, as well as other cryptos, are extremely high here. The volume is somehow not true to me because I do not believe that Korean does care about crypto and the blockchain. What just happens? Do they become smarter?
Bithumb does not seem to be a reputed exchange.It allows zero fee trading.Also,it is said that it allows wash trading where simultaneous buying and selling of the same goods by the same person is carried out and price manipulation is heavily done.That might be one of the reason for increase in BCH price.Even coinmarketcap.com does not take its BCH price in to consideration.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:33:37 PM

Bithumb does not seem to be a reputed exchange.It allows zero fee trading.Also,it is said that it allows wash trading where simultaneous buying and selling of the same goods by the same person is carried out and price manipulation is heavily done.That might be one of the reason for increase in BCH price.Even coinmarketcap.com does not take its BCH price in to consideration.

Right, CMC dilisted Bithumb prices for BCH early this day due to excessive manipulation by Pumpers. I have seen similar happening to EtherDelta many times when someone come and sell at very different prices. Same happened on Bithumb today, a group manipulated BCH prices throughout the day on it that resultant in fake volume and prices.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
chermah

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:06:44 PM

Same is happening now with XRP, except that CMC didn't delist bithumb for XRP, seems like they have some "personal definition" of price manipulation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: