Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2018, 04:30:52 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin "replaceable" for 3 days  (Read 385 times)
alexg24

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:30:28 PM

Its been 3 days and iv'e been waiting for this transaction to go threw and I woke up today seeing it still wasn't confirmed... What is going on and how can i make it go any faster, this is crazy.
77ec726f2b600d05075a321a2d96b06364e03e1d7cf7c4297ad8dd4dc6896f6f <<<<<Transaction ID

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:32:38 PM

Are you the sender or receiver?

What wallet are you using? Since you have opt-in RBF enabled, you can replace it with a transaction with higher fees. This would differ from wallet to wallet as some wallet's don't allow their user to do this via GUI, some do.

alexg24

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:38:10 PM

I am the sender, also I am using electrum
RGBKey

Activity: 812
Merit: 616

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:45:01 PM

Just wait a bit. In approx. 3.5 hours from this post, BCH will be less profitable to mine again, and the miners will move back to Bitcoin, and the transaction backlog will start to clear.

ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:55:57 PM

See the transaction, right click on the transaction and click "Increase the fee" and a dialog should show up for you to increase the fee. The amount that you are sending to the address will decrease however. I'm actually not really sure how Electrum handles it but that should be the case.

I'll see if I can accelerate it for you, just wait a few hours more before trying it out.
Just wait a bit. In approx. 3.5 hours from this post, BCH will be less profitable to mine again, and the miners will move back to Bitcoin, and the transaction backlog will start to clear.
There's way too much transaction with higher fees than OP and that is likely not the case.

RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:06:03 PM

See the transaction, right click on the transaction and click "Increase the fee" and a dialog should show up for you to increase the fee. The amount that you are sending to the address will decrease however. I'm actually not really sure how Electrum handles it but that should be the case.

I'll see if I can accelerate it for you, just wait a few hours more before trying it out.
There's way too much transaction with higher fees than OP and that is likely not the case.

Once the transaction backlog starts to clear, a 400 byte transaction has high priority. As of this post, there's about 100MB of transactions in the mempool, with only about 15MB having higher fees than OP's transaction. Once the miners come back, they'll be fine.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1184

http://www.mocacinno.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:11:13 PM

Once the transaction backlog starts to clear, a 400 byte transaction has high priority. As of this post, there's about 100MB of transactions in the mempool, with only about 15MB having higher fees than OP's transaction. Once the miners come back, they'll be fine.

there is no positive link between transaction size and priority. There used to be a link to the value of the unspent output, it's age and it's priority, but allmost no miners still take this priority into account.

As a matter of fact, if two transactions are equal in everything but their size, the transaction with the lowest size (thus the highest fee per WU) will have a higher chance of getting confirmed.

RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:40:38 PM

there is no positive link between transaction size and priority. There used to be a link to the value of the unspent output, it's age and it's priority, but allmost no miners still take this priority into account.

As a matter of fact, if two transactions are equal in everything but their size, the transaction with the lowest size (thus the highest fee per WU) will have a higher chance of getting confirmed.

That was a typo, I meant 400 sat/byte, as in the fee.

alexg24

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:21:42 PM

Still nothing
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 10:36:27 PM

Still nothing

I said the transaction backlog will begin to clear. It won't clear instantly. Look at this: https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h. This is what the mempool looks like right now. Be patient.

alexg24

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:53:51 AM

Its been 3 days and iv'e been waiting for this transaction to go threw and I woke up today seeing it still wasn't confirmed... What is going on and how can i make it go any faster, this is crazy.
77ec726f2b600d05075a321a2d96b06364e03e1d7cf7c4297ad8dd4dc6896f6f <<<<<Transaction ID
4 days in now... Nothing transaction still hasn't been sent...
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1624

3F1Y9yquzvY6RWvKbw2n2zeo9V5mvBhADU

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 04:25:41 AM

Instead of complaining about it, how about you do some of the things that people have suggested to you?

Like this:

alexg24

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:35:05 AM

Instead of complaining about it, how about you do some of the things that people have suggested to you?

Like this:
I have done that lmao, I raised the fee to 1.5 mbtc...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.