Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer S11 Speculation  (Read 10251 times)
ottokoester

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:48:01 AM

If canaan releases a better Avalon then the s-9

Bitmain will simply cut price on the s-9.

There is no need for them to do better then the s-9. Until someone clearly builds a much better miner.

Just go to hash nest and see the s-7 turn profit.

No one gets to check on the s-7 mining so by now most of them could be s-9 and they charge s-7 maintence fees.

What does this mean?  It. Means bitmain is whaling more money by the trunkful .

Why make a s-11 and kill the s-7 score on hashnest.

The answer is they will not do a new miner unless economics demand it.

And economics do not demand it to be built.

Howdy,
Completely agree with you! Hey you are legendary, a master here, but S9 is obsolete... I bought more two and I know that it will be obsolete next year... I was in Shenzhen and I could see that these people is working hard to sell the stock... and there is a big competition now with the the production of 10nm, definitely is not difficult to build ASIC Machines, but there is no way to establish a competition with China... and Property Intellectual... come on... we can buy these machines and sell... and BTC will reach 100.000 USD... but S9 is already old... and expensive too...
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:42:47 AM

Ebang announced "upcoming" release of their Ebit E10 miner which they say will utilize 10nm chips.

https://twitter.com/Excellion/status/933576948575387648

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:43:27 AM

Bitmain S9 killer?

http://cryptomining-blog.com/9295-new-16-ths-dragonmint-16t-bitcoin-asic-miner-coming-in-2018/

vegascoinpool

Activity: 223
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:34:49 AM

Not sure the leap to 16TH is enough to be a “killer” but it will certainly get attention from a lot of folks. A friend got in on the pre-order at $1595 which I think is super competitive with even the 14TH S9s.

But it’s untested. Reliability rate in the real world is unknown. Still though, I know some power-locked guys in Wenatchee who’d be swapping out full racks of S9s with these if they’re good.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:35:43 AM

I think maybe 2018 as s9 and s10 is still working very well. I have been following most of the  update from Bitmain Antminer and I think they are seriously working on it. If something like $11  is been released then we should expect a greater profits from mining.

Could someone describe EXACTLY what an s10 is? I have seen nothing to suggest that an s10 even exists. To those folks that have been around for a while, Bitmain did have the s2 and s4, but never produced an s6 or s8. Way back then, the even numbered sx was a rack mountable miner as I recall. Bitmain seems to have completely abandoned the rack-miner form factor, and hence the s6 and s8 never came to be.

Clearly Bitmain can name their miners any way they wish, but it would really be attractive for folks not to "invent" a miner based on an N+1 naming strategy that hasn't been around for a while, N+1 wouldn't mean what you might think it means.

Maybe in a few years, the samsung S10  Grin

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:51:03 AM

Is it real?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 10:43:33 AM

What a bunch of fake ass pictures..

I'm not convinced.

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:50:49 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 04:11:47 PM by HagssFIN

If that announcement would be real, I would have already heard it from Steven Mosher of Canaan Creative.  Wink

You really need to have more proof if you want anybody with brains to believe you.

Steveboy178

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:03:59 PM

How to get on the email list from Steven Mosher of Canaan Creative?
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 04:10:20 PM

If that announcement would be real, I would have already heard it from Steven Mosher of Canaan Creative.  Wink

You really need to have more proof if you want anybody with brains to believe you.

How to get on the email list from Steven Mosher of Canaan Creative?

Be patient, please.

Steven has said that they will announce the new hardware soon.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:27:08 PM

More to the general point -- more than a bit OT here folks....
Thread is about someones speculation about the (non-existent) Bitemain s11. Not Canaan's very fine miners.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:29:50 PM

Yeah and this whole thread has been quite useless so far.

Nothing real information with real sources on the subject ("Bitmain Antminer S11") that would give anyone anything.

Just a waste of everybody's time.

Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:16:42 AM

Nothing real information with real sources on the subject ("Bitmain Antminer S11") that would give anyone anything.

Sorry to disappoint you. I was hoping to get some hard to find news about new exiting miners...I did not want to waste of everybody's time.

philippfo

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:37:24 AM

true, but I think there won't be an antminer s11 until bitcoin mining with s9 isn't profitable anymore (which I can't see in the near future) or like all people said a competitor brings something better out. I've got many s9 miners over here in Austria and I hope for some delay on new ASICs to be profitable a litte bit more.
Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:27:22 AM

true, but I think there won't be an antminer s11 until bitcoin mining with s9 isn't profitable anymore (which I can't see in the near future) or like all people said a competitor brings something better out. I've got many s9 miners over here in Austria and I hope for some delay on new ASICs to be profitable a litte bit more.

Genesis Mining is sold newer sha256 mining contacts starting on 28 February and and of march, I guess they got some new stuff next year.
I know they have a lot of miners of Bitmaintech in the past so that`s why I think a newer miner will pop up soon (somewhere in Q1 2018).

philippfo

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:48:53 PM

Genesis Mining is sold newer sha256 mining contacts starting on 28 February and and of march, I guess they got some new stuff next year.
I know they have a lot of miners of Bitmaintech in the past so that`s why I think a newer miner will pop up soon (somewhere in Q1 2018).

ok thanks for sharing your knowledge.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:06:04 PM

Or -- they are hawking the upcoming Canaan A8's which are due to be released to major customers in that same time frame...
Since there IS NO 'S11' in the works from Bitemain and only your pure wild speculation on them, guess what I'd bet on... Wink

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:32:01 AM

Or -- they are hawking the upcoming Canaan A8's which are due to be released to major customers in that same time frame...
Since there IS NO 'S11' in the works from Bitemain and only your pure wild speculation on them, guess what I'd bet on... Wink

Yes I am speculating your are right on that, or better stayed an educated guess. Last 3 times I was right whit genesis. Last year (2016) they started to sell pre order LTC mining contracts for cheap, so i speculated on newer scrypt miners (there where not new scrypt asics build for a year or more) and I was right! The Bitmail L3 came out, and view months later the L3+

B0bares

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:12:56 AM

is it clear time for releasing ? what are your predictions ?
READ THE DAMN THREAD!
It was started as pure speculation by an idiot who does not know how to use punctuation.
There is NO new release coming for a long long time numbnutz.

on their facebook page Bitmain are reporting that they are working on a new 7 nm ASIC.
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 11:18:55 AM

Yeah we have been aware of their roadmap for some time, but no actual specs or release date has been announced for Bitmain's next btc miner.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: