Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: more crapcoins equals more money for LITECOIN miners!!  (Read 1081 times)
nzdude (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

STARCOIN the BEST

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:35:20 AM

Haters, did you know crapcoins, could actually be helping you mine more litecoins?

Let me know if my theory is correct Grin

heres how: Because there is a restriction on the amount of coins produced, you need as few people as possible to mine the same coin as you. if half the people are mining these "crapcoins" and the other half are mining LITECOINS it means its easier for you to make money mining litecoins. if these half wernt mining the "crapcoins" then they will be mining litecoins and your earnings are halved, as the difficulty will be twice what it is now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:37:34 AM

Haters, did you know crapcoins, could actually be helping you mine more litecoins?

heres how: Because there is a restriction on the amount of coins produced, you need as few people as possible to mine the same coin as you. if half the people are mining these "crapcoins" and the other half are mining LITECOINS it means its easier for you to make money mining litecoins. if these half wernt mining the "crapcoins" then they will be mining litecoins and your earnings are halved, as the difficulty will be twice what it is now.

The other side of the argument is that bitcoins are wasted speculating on crapcoins and not driving up the price of LTC.

Also, I think all altcoins are pushing around 3-4 GHs, which would be a relatively small increase in litecoin difficulty.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:44:51 AM

I think it is the other way round, they are taking away the hashing power of Litecoin to mine the alt coins.  A waste of time and efforts.  Might as well concentrate on just Bitcoin and Litecoin
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:44:55 AM

diff is rising regardless of any other alt release

http://www.allchains.info
nzdude (OP)

Activity: 86

STARCOIN the BEST

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:46:30 AM

yes but it will be rising alot faster if everyone was mining these 2 coins only

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:56:40 AM

yes but it will be rising alot faster if everyone was mining these 2 coins only

So your saying to stop mining where your making more money than me to come mine LTC to make ME more money. You sir are an idiot.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:16:23 AM

The other side of the argument is that bitcoins are wasted speculating on crapcoins and not driving up the price of LTC.

Also, I think all altcoins are pushing around 3-4 GHs, which would be a relatively small increase in litecoin difficulty.

Its between 6-7 GHs
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:23:44 AM

Yes, you are right.

More ppl on crapcoins = less ppl on LTC => LTC difficulty is lower => LTC more profitable to mine for LTC miners

shaunb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:20:27 AM

This is only true if Litecoin sustains it's value.  A large part of the value of a coin however is security.  If the LTC network hash rate drops, so does the security of the coin which could drive investors away from it.
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:22:48 AM

I would rather see everyone mining Litecoins than anyone mining these scamcoins. They are the cancer that is killing cryptocurrencies. Let's all just stick to those that work and stop being blinded by the "quick buck" potential of the shitcoins.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:53:53 AM

don't forget it also means more money for the SHA-256 coins.. BTC, PPC, TRC, and all the MM coins chugging along nicely and happy to see people not pushing me out of the BTC mining game just yet Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
hate_the_face

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:13:26 PM

I would rather see everyone mining Litecoins than anyone mining these scamcoins. They are the cancer that is killing cryptocurrencies. Let's all just stick to those that work and stop being blinded by the "quick buck" potential of the shitcoins.

lol, so let's only make a quick buck if it's gonna be MY quick buck

not a fan of fringe coins, but everything starts somewhere

its more about the services you can use with them, which is why I view Litecoin as the clear number 2 right now
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:23:36 PM

why are litecoins better again?  Or to be more accurate, when litecoins were a week or two old (like most of these 'scam coins' are), why would anyone have said they were any better?  Pretty sure everyone said the exact same thing about ltc in its infancy. 

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:27:45 PM

Think of these new coins, that many times have a higher profitability than LTC, as a tool to get more LTC than you would have mining LTC.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: