Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are some Bitcoiners get hacked?  (Read 650 times)
CoPil (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:36:53 AM

I knew some people who became progressed because of Bitcoin. But I also know few who were victims of scammer, hackers and thieves. We all don't want to be victims. How can I avoid these?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nuuneoi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:40:29 AM

People needs to learn more about Bitcoin's and ETH's (and etc.) fundamental. Everyone should at least know how does the wallet work and how different of each wallet type. Which kind of information is public and which one is not. So people will know which information that MUST NOT BE leaked, for example, private key.

For those who use web wallet who keeps the private key for you, make sure that you trust it otherwise everything could be just ... lose.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:58:09 AM

People who earn Bitcoins get hacked because they are not careful. You can avoid being hacked by securing your social media accounts and email account. You should use strong, unique passwords for all of your accounts. Using two-factor authentication is a must too. And last, never ever tell anyone about your account, wallet, and passwords.
bettor_earth

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 12:07:36 PM

All are fiction, created for entertainment & chaos. There is no way you can get hacked bitcoin unless it is insider job or way beyond that (I mean the person/group control bitcoin system). There is a lot secret behind bitcoin system you would never able to know.
Teemotje

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:25:09 PM

Because sometimes people download things from the internet that have a wallet stealer. With this they can be easily stolen. Also sometimes links that are infected can also steal your coins.

If you prevent this hackers will have a hard time hacking in your wallet.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:34:51 PM

Many are attacked by hacking because they use the account that they do not have any security.
Hackers can not be easily infected if they use more security accounts.

Be hardworker
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:35:39 PM

Because they don't follow simple safety rules
kemonojim

Activity: 218

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:39:00 PM

Indeed this already now many scammers tried to profit in the bitcoin. It is proven there are some cases that I have heard and all have almost the same technique, one thing that we do have to understand in a Groove or a technique created by fraudsters is the promise they gave. If you find a huge promise or not could probably be achieved then that it is definitely a con. And don't ever do an investment place which does not have a clear plot and they do not have a good reputation.
sharm2121

Activity: 238

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:39:10 PM

Yes. i agree bitcoiners should know the safety rules.
They must be more careful in registering a links,so that the account wont be hacked.

Crypto Jaga

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:45:12 PM

Although cryptocurrency seems to be 6-7 years old, the mass adoption (maybe we cannot say so yet), seems to start from middle of this year, thus many people still are not aware about its technologies. Because of lack of clarity regarding cryptocurrency (including buying, trading, storing, etc.), they are vulnerable to hackers. The best idea would to be store your bitcoin (or altcoins) in a cold storage (e.g., Ledger Nano S), but if you haven't bought one yet, then you can use desktop wallets. The least safe option should be online exchanges. If you have no other options than exchanges, then try to select the best exchanges, and also keep in 3-4 exchanges rather than all bitcoin in one exchange, such that even if one exchange is hacked, you don't loose all bitcoin. Also, keep reading and learning, so you will know the best ways to protect your bitcoin.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:45:45 PM

There are low chance of someones bitcoin account being hacked. The security of these accounts are very high because sometimes you need to verify it thru the use of your email accounts. I guess that some of the bitcoiners are hacked because of their carelessness. They might provide their private keys and personal information to someone they do not personally know. There are lot of safety rules here in the forum and that is very easy to follow.
Cordillera

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

John 3:16/John 14:6

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:54:10 PM

bitcoiners Get hacked one reason is they post there wallet balance social media or in forums so hackers get interested in
Melit02

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:59:10 PM

Bitcoiners get hacked because they don't secure they all accounts and passwords. We need to be aware of the hackers, scammer and thieves because they are very smart about getting the others money. They don't have a heart so everyone can be victimized. So we need to wiser for them.
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

I knew some people who became progressed because of Bitcoin. But I also know few who were victims of scammer, hackers and thieves. We all don't want to be victims. How can I avoid these?

Maybe because they fail to secure their account details by not being aware to online threats such as phishing sites and malwares that could access their information.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:12:35 PM

It is because their accounts lack security. Or the wallet, bank they used is not safe enough. It is also a possibility that they have a poor password.

DontMe99

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:14:28 PM

why is that hacked? Maybe because of disobedience to some rules or there is also the intention to steal the account.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

Easy. Don't invest on HYIP, Ponzi and Doubler. There's no such thing as free bitcoin. Everyone should need to work just like any regular jobs. Specially new comers to the market are entice by this offers. Don't trust them because they will just run off with your money. And for hackers and thieves, it really depends on how you secure your bitcoin. Get a wallet that is trusted like Electrum and Core and put a password that is very hard to cracked and keep your private key safe, don't share it to someone you don't trust.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:01:21 PM

I knew some people who became progressed because of Bitcoin. But I also know few who were victims of scammer, hackers and thieves. We all don't want to be victims.
The reasons why people getting hacked is because they are careless and lack of knowledge and they don't know what is the proper way of securing their Bitcoins, device, wallet and private key. Some loss their coins because they store it on a wallet provided by exchanges and that site got hacked, like what happened to Mt. Gox. Some are victims of ponzi scheme investment sites.
How can I avoid these?
To avoid being attacked by hackers never store big amount of coins in online wallets and exchanges because they will not provide your private keys/seed and they are all prone from hackers, keeping your private key/seed by yourself is the best way to secure it and it is important that you have a backup. Do not visit or download any file on suspicious/untrusted sites to avoid your device being infected by virus or malwares.
vinceB

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:03:34 PM

My friend has been hacked using fising net
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:12:41 PM

On what certain aspects does the hacked bitcoiners didn't follow the safety rules mate? Can you explain further what is the certain safety rules that a bitcoiner should follow? In that case we aren't certain about those safeties been imposed in every wallets of trading sites, but all I know is most of those reasons that might lead to bitcoiners of being hacked is a victims of those phising activities. That would be the best opinion I ever had here, so if anybody can add up kindly respond those questions raised here.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄