Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3915 times)
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:19:46 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

Most of the people here sell their bitcoin if the value of it increases a lot and some other people hold their bitcoins because they keep on believing that the bitcoin value will increase a lot in the future. Perhaps, it's better for you to sell the 50% of your bitcoin and 50% will be hold since you already knew that both method are quite good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:25:59 AM

you can sell when price of bitcoin extreme high
when extreme highly usualy it will sideway price and slowly turn down
MURONDI

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:35:04 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

you can try to study fundamental or technical, you can follow news channel about bitcoin, or you can learn to read technical indicators,
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:42:34 AM

When the price of the cryptocurrency rises at its peak, you can consider selling. You must be updated anytime.
Always check the value of the crypto. If you think it is good enough, then you may consider selling.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:48:38 AM

If you can travel to the future and come back again, that's the most reliable way to know unless the future change.
But that seems impossible, so just stick to your trading plan, when to sell when to hold I mean how many % change that you willing to risk and take and learn some TA tremendously help.
anga3636

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:38:22 PM

I think this is the reason why it is really hard to trade crypto currencies, predicting how will the price move through the year. I think if you are active to some sites or this kind of forum, it will give you some tip to continue holding it or time to give it in. But to be sure, buy bitcoin now and hold it for a long time, well, it gave some profit to some.
Yes,of course.Trading is mostly an unpredictable job.You have to surf crypto related websites frequently and be updated on what progress is happening in the crypto world so that you could get an idea of which coin is performing well and which coin has the potential to rise in future.By tracing the most under valued coin and investing in it,you could make huge profits.Earlier,traders used to predict bitcoin market by keenly watching the china's bitcoin market as it had a very big impact on the bitcoin market worldwide.But it is now no more.You can get some ideas about price increase just like CME entered the market and bitcoin price triggered.You would have to learn it from the market.
On the off chance that you are doing exchanging with bitcoins and you have some bitcoins in your wallet then I will propose you to hold them for opportune time and stay in contact with the diagram rate of bitcoin as the rate of bitcoin is sufficiently expanded from the rate at which you have purchased bitcoin then you have to begin offering your bitcoin.
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:44:33 PM

Set price targets and sell when those targets are reached.
For me you should know when to sell is when the price of the coin you are holding will pump very high, and if you are satisfied with the price of it you should sell it with a very high price and you can earn money from it. And for me you will know when to sell when you dont have enough money for you daily needs.

Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 01:56:07 PM

I generally use the EMA lines from cryptowat.ch.

If the orange line crosses to the top you should buy and the the blue line crosses to the top you should sell.

That will most of the time give you profit.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

That's what actually makes trading very interesting and profitable for some people. No one knows with 100% guarantee exactly when BTC's price will rise or crash. You make profit by thinking about the price possibilities and reducing your risks.

That's one of my major problem. Thinking out the outcome 😢

To find out when to sell bitcoin, you just see how much money you used initially to buy bitcoin then see how the bitcoin price increase from the beginning you bought it until you sell it so from the bitcoin price difference you already get a profit and you can decide to sell your bitcoin . But I'm not saying it's the best decision because bitcoin prices can still go up
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:22:54 PM

You will know that the time is right if the btc price is keep increasing about a week, well you can say that right now is a good time to sell but i would suggest that you should keep waiting until it reach $14000 or $15000.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:51:32 PM

That is the thing that really makes exchanging exceptionally fascinating and gainful for a few people. Nobody knows with 100% certification precisely when BTC's cost will rise or crash. You make benefit by considering the value conceivable outcomes and lessening your dangers
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:09:35 PM

In my case,I sell bitcoin/altcoin when I am OK with the profits.Sometimes I take opinions from experience traders.Actually it's depends on luck.When sometimes I am happy with 20% or sometimes I wait for 100% profits.Sometimes I do a target of profit,when I get that I do sell my coin.

Actually trading is a so called unpredictable job.So you never know that you will get profit or not.But IMO is if you get 20% profits then you should sell.

logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:44:21 PM

Set price targets and sell when those targets are reached.
For me you should know when to sell is when the price of the coin you are holding will pump very high, and if you are satisfied with the price of it you should sell it with a very high price and you can earn money from it. And for me you will know when to sell when you dont have enough money for you daily needs.
The best thing which can help you a lot in making this decision of selling of bitcoins is to plan something in your mind like I want to make this much of profit from my bitcoins right at the time of buying those bitcoins. This will not only help you in being very much clear but will also help you in remaining patient till that time. You do need to wait for the appropriate time before even planning of selling your bitcoins to have something good.
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:06:12 AM

Sell it when you are satisfied with your income. Don't be greedy because the market is unpredictable, you might miss the chance of having a good profit.

ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:07:44 AM

No one can give you the exact answer. It depends on what your coins are. I think that researching coins carefully before buying and following the market frequently is the best way to know when to sell or when to hold.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:32:20 AM

You will know that the time is right if the btc price is keep increasing about a week, well you can say that right now is a good time to sell but i would suggest that you should keep waiting until it reach $14000 or $15000.
And you will also know it when you are already good with it's current price. Selling is also needed when you are in need of cash or you want something to buy as it will all depend on your needs and base on what you are expecting. If that expectation was reached before your eyes then you have to sell or if it is giving you another expectation, you just have to keep on holding and buy as well.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:52:03 AM

And you will also know it when you are already good with it's current price. Selling is also needed when you are in need of cash or you want something to buy as it will all depend on your needs and base on what you are expecting. If that expectation was reached before your eyes then you have to sell or if it is giving you another expectation, you just have to keep on holding and buy as well.

actually it is hard to know and tell whether the current price of bitcoin now is good or not, in short it is really confusing because bitcoins value is highly volatile and wont seem  to be stable every single day. selling is also needed only if you want it immediately like for example if theres an emergency and you dont have enough cash on your pocket , also if theres an important ocassion like birthday but if you dont actually need money then you should prefer to hold and leave it there sitting and growing on your bitcoin wallet. also i suggest is to cash out only small amounts that you can afford to spend due to the fact that it is still better to hold than to sell because bitcoins value is still pumping from time to time.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:52:53 AM

That's the basic knowledge you should have before start trade/ invest. Most people already have sell ( take profit ), buy ( stop loss ) and hold ( wait ) point ( area/ number ) depend their experience and strategy. For daily trade, I believe 5% from your fund is sell ( take profit ) and 3% is buy ( stop loss ) but the number I mention is relative. Many people doesn't like my number because is to small but if you can do that repeatedly, image how much profit you can get in a day. My strategy is to grow up capital first and I only see from 2 bottom/ top price use medium time period. Just like that.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:11:01 AM

The most basic way to know when to sell is when the price is near its resistance or on it as it maybe trying to penetrate the resistance as when this happen you know that Bitcoin is trying to have a new all time high but if it fails you can take profit before it goes to another correction. Now suppose that it does not have any resistance as it is on a up trend the best time to sell is when you are satisfied with your earnings or maybe set up a target price in order for you to know that when it is reached you may now sell.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:34:28 AM

No one going to guide you when to sell. It depends on how much profit you want to earn from a specific currency. it also depends on the price you have purchased the charges you have paid for the trade, after this you have add your expected profit and then determine the selling rate. in case of bitcoin currency you have to be alert because it is the most volatile currency, its prices varies many times in a day. Bitcoin price is rising day by day and if you have bought it at considerable cheaper rate, then it is advisable to take out your capital amount by selling same quantity of bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: