Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3915 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:38:52 AM

Question should be why do you need to sell? Is there an immediate need for fiat thats why you are planning to sell? Did you reach your goal or hit the bottom thats why you are thinking of dumping your coins? If you are afraid that BTC or Alts may crash any moment because of the current bull run then its up to you if you want to sell because no one wants to be blamed when they tell you to sell then suddenly the price go up further.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerlen17

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:02:21 AM

I actually sell bitcoin when the bitcoin price or value is very high and when i need a money to pay my bill or to purchase something important or to buy my needs, i converted bitcoin into cash if i needed.
Kr-sama

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:13:06 AM

No one going to guide you when to sell. It depends on how much profit you want to earn from a specific currency. it also depends on the price you have purchased the charges you have paid for the trade, after this you have add your expected profit and then determine the selling rate. in case of bitcoin currency you have to be alert because it is the most volatile currency, its prices varies many times in a day. Bitcoin price is rising day by day and if you have bought it at considerable cheaper rate, then it is advisable to take out your capital amount by selling same quantity of bitcoins.
Yeah I agree. As for me, I just set my desired amount that when the price reached it, I will immediately sell. Set the amount that you are satisfied on receiving. If you think that you are satisfied with that profit. Of course you should be realistic. Analyze the situation first. See if it can really reach your desired amount. Trust you instincts when it comes to this. And remember, don't betray your trades.
michellee

Activity: 2730
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:54:27 AM

No one going to guide you when to sell. It depends on how much profit you want to earn from a specific currency. it also depends on the price you have purchased the charges you have paid for the trade, after this you have add your expected profit and then determine the selling rate. in case of bitcoin currency you have to be alert because it is the most volatile currency, its prices varies many times in a day. Bitcoin price is rising day by day and if you have bought it at considerable cheaper rate, then it is advisable to take out your capital amount by selling same quantity of bitcoins.
Yeah I agree. As for me, I just set my desired amount that when the price reached it, I will immediately sell. Set the amount that you are satisfied on receiving. If you think that you are satisfied with that profit. Of course you should be realistic. Analyze the situation first. See if it can really reach your desired amount. Trust you instincts when it comes to this. And remember, don't betray your trades.

it is better if we find out by ourselves because we can place our order sell in any range and if somehow the price is getting down, we don't blame other people. while we are setting the price we want to sell, don't be too greedy to reach big profit because if our order sell is not filled, then we can disappoint and we can sell at the lower profit so we cannot reach the profit at all. I agree that we need to trust our instincts to place an order sell because this will be our guide to reach that profit.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:26:26 AM

I actually sell bitcoin when the bitcoin price or value is very high and when i need a money to pay my bill or to purchase something important or to buy my needs, i converted bitcoin into cash if i needed.
yes that is main strategy  of Some traders and investors Here in crytpo world.   Which is they buy low price then sell when bitcoin go higher.  Cause that is our chance to gain much profit. But i have strategy  also which is when i need cash  i dump some of it for my daily needed then the rest will Be remain on the exchange site so its still growing when Bitcoin continue to increase.  
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:47:26 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

In my case, I always made a taget of profit that I will sell if my target full filled.Basically, I sell bitcoin/altcoin when I get alteast 30% profits.But you know trading is unpredictable and it's risky too.So it's really depends on you that how much profits you are desiring for.And we should not be too greedy while trading.Because sometimes I have lost my capital for my greediness.So I think we should sell with getting little profits.

cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:21:57 AM

We should know what news for coin we want to trade. But sometimes we don't know at all. The rule is don't be greedy to get high profits, sometimes we for greed and forgot that the coin can go down very fast. We should know when to sell and get out from the wave. That's what I thought. Correct me if I am wrong.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:29:38 PM

You will know that the time is right if the btc price is keep increasing about a week, well you can say that right now is a good time to sell but i would suggest that you should keep waiting until it reach $14000 or $15000.
And you will also know it when you are already good with it's current price. Selling is also needed when you are in need of cash or you want something to buy as it will all depend on your needs and base on what you are expecting. If that expectation was reached before your eyes then you have to sell or if it is giving you another expectation, you just have to keep on holding and buy as well.

actually it is hard to know and tell whether the current price of bitcoin now is good or not, in short it is really confusing because bitcoins value is highly volatile and wont seem  to be stable every single day. selling is also needed only if you want it immediately like for example if theres an emergency and you dont have enough cash on your pocket , also if theres an important ocassion like birthday but if you dont actually need money then you should prefer to hold and leave it there sitting and growing on your bitcoin wallet. also i suggest is to cash out only small amounts that you can afford to spend due to the fact that it is still better to hold than to sell because bitcoins value is still pumping from time to time.
It's not that hard to tell if the price of bitcoin is a good one for selling. You have your own standards and satisfaction whether you'll sell or not and for example. I'm only expecting that the price will be good at $10,000 until at the end of the year. But we've been through $11k,$12k,$13k,$14k,$15k and even $16k so in any rate that I mentioned can be my good time to sell and I know it because I have set a rate on what will be my taste shall be good to sell.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:56:23 AM

Set price targets and sell when those targets are reached.
For me you should know when to sell is when the price of the coin you are holding will pump very high, and if you are satisfied with the price of it you should sell it with a very high price and you can earn money from it. And for me you will know when to sell when you dont have enough money for you daily needs.
The best thing which can help you a lot in making this decision of selling of bitcoins is to plan something in your mind like I want to make this much of profit from my bitcoins right at the time of buying those bitcoins. This will not only help you in being very much clear but will also help you in remaining patient till that time. You do need to wait for the appropriate time before even planning of selling your bitcoins to have something good.
Yes, Setting some target with your coin helps you a lot in making you achieve some decent and massive profit with it. As far as bitcoin is concerned, we all know that it is most of the time increasing in value which is so tempting for people especially newcomers that they cannot resist cashing it out which ultimately kicks them out from bigger profit. In short, I will agree with you for setting some goal with your coin.
alisafox2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:14:55 PM

There are two aspects: first are your experince and knowledge, second is buying signals, they prompt when to buy or sell and give bases to invest in. Smiley
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:18:53 PM

Another thing to do is take your personal situation into account, do you need to cash out, are you sacrificing anything by holding, should you maybe take some profit and leave the rest, these are important things to consider also.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:35:41 PM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

The right time to invest is  of course when the value in the market rises. How can you know when the value rises? Monitor them and i advice you to get the application of blockfolio to easily monitor on how nuch will those coins that you will be trading. And when the value fits for you then that is the time you will sell it. But take note that the price can ba manipulated just like for example if a lot of people buy that coins even if it is on a small quantity or amount the price will immediately rises but that not always reliable. Check the transactions if they are true.
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:44:34 PM

It's up to you that when you want to sell. If you are in need of money without profit you can sell too. If you are in profit then you can sell too. So it's up to people that they are willing to sell or not. But i will suggest perfect time is when you are in profit then sell 25% of them. Because if you sell 100% then you might miss another opportunity of tomorrow so try to sell 25% instead 50% and 75% and 100%.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
lucy1215

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:53:28 PM

You can easily know when to sell when you see your investment generate profit that you did not expect. If you had invested earlier in bitcoin for sure you will sell now you holdings because it already tripled your investment.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gabbie2010

Activity: 2618
Merit: 322

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:41:03 PM

Try and research for profitable cryptocurrencies  strategies through google and YouTube whichever one you adopted practice thoroughly by demoing (practicing using a virtual currency) with time you will be consistent with it so as to know when to sell or buy because trading is not just to sell and buy there is much attached to it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:30:45 PM

In my personal opinion, you should hold Bitcoin and top the biggest altcoin such as ETH, Dash, Monero, IOTA,... and trade cheap coin which has a large fluctuation such as Iconomy, Digibyte, Funfair,... and how about the time to sell? I think you should need a good skill in catching the information.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:39:27 AM

Another thing to do is take your personal situation into account, do you need to cash out, are you sacrificing anything by holding, should you maybe take some profit and leave the rest, these are important things to consider also.
Actually that depends on person to person. There are some people who are well in technicalities regarding bitcoin selling and buying and some are there who have only little knowledge of how to sell and buy only. Bitcoins are better in usage, need is only to be vigilant when you are at a time of decision making. What to do? Sell or buy, you are right, that knowledge and price signals will tell you.
wdnj

Activity: 762

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:45:31 AM

That's what actually makes trading very interesting and profitable for some people. No one knows with 100% guarantee exactly when BTC's price will rise or crash. You make profit by thinking about the price possibilities and reducing your risks.
Yes, no one can really guarantee what can happen next and we can only make predictions based on analysis. However, the analysis can really help to know what is expected at a certain situation or not and those analytical situations are all you need to know when to buy or sell. You should first even know a little about support and resistance for a start, and then know how you can use that to do some analysis.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:53:01 AM

The time to sell bitcoin is when the bitcoin price is expensive, because by selling bitcoin at an expensive time, then the profit we will get is huge ...
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:03:09 PM

I think its exp that teaches one when to sell and buy , usually events about a project play major rolls for push.. besides that you may check market cap increasing or decreasing for a particular coin .. in addition news also play a major deciding factor in decision making .. these points help one to take a call on his own
For me it would be better to monitor the market cap so that you will know if its the time to sell or not, and of course in selling you must hunt for the bigger value so you cab have a bigger money that you will buy more in time dumps. In selling the most impprtant is to be a active one and ready for hunting and you must know when the value will peak so that you can release in a good condition.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: