Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3915 times)
nodelover

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:33:07 AM

Of course it depends on you as long as you have your goal profit for your investment why not, but you need to wait because we know that bitcoin investing is risky. If you invest your money and bitcoin decrease it's value don't worry just wait until it's increase again until you have a good profit then that's the time to sell.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS            
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:43:24 AM

Know the latest news about the coin you want to trade.
Most pumps and dumps are caused by events that are either positive or negative for the coin.
Examples of events that cause changes in price: Exchange shutting down, countries banning ICO, meeting announcements.
Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price.
Definitely true, you must really need to be updated about all the happening in cryptocurrency.
And also the movement price of it you should monitor.
So you will have an idea when you should buy or sell your coin.
Its hard to make decision without basis.
So to avoid regret better to be wise and knowledgable.
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:46:10 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

I think this is the reason why it is really hard to trade crypto currencies, predicting how will the price move through the year. I think if you are active to some sites or this kind of forum, it will give you some tip to continue holding it or time to give it in. But to be sure, buy bitcoin now and hold it for a long time, well, it gave some profit to some.

Hard prediction is not in cryptotrading only but the other trading also hard to predict.
There are so many people will be rich very soon if it is not so hard to predict.
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:02:24 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

I know when is the right time to sell the coins you have when I already get more than 100% profit, but I rarely sell the coins I have because I want to play long term.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:14:16 AM

I know when is the right time to sell the coins you have when I already get more than 100% profit, but I rarely sell the coins I have because I want to play long term.
With good and quality coins, yes holding is the best thing to do and keep buying and collect them will bring more profits, but when dealing with short term better not to be greedy having 10-20% earnings would be fine and finding another coins to invest should be taking place.

And if dealing with day trade you can also use small profits like 5-10% because of fluctuations, advantage of small earnings will bring you decent profits as well.
Rohithrao

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:35:58 AM

How to read these candle stick charts or depth? Does that help us in knowing when to buy and when to sell?
santosh_crypto

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 04:47:31 AM

I think volume movement is one of the most important if not the most important metric to watch out for...a sudden change in volume is sign of something happening...either a pump or coin getting more interest. the best way i found to watch volume increase rate is https://beta.digitalassetdb.com this tool monitor volume movement off all the coins and allow you to filter for coins that have moved for "X" percent in the last hour...very good to identify possible uptrends and get in early...

and to comeback to your question, it's a mixture of things...when you notice significant increase in sell volume that might be a trigger point
chuongvannguyen02

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:28:46 AM

You should look at the market when the number of traffickers selling their Bitcoin is owned is when you should sell it. Do not try to keep it as high as possible, do not let greed make you change your mind.

worldtraveller321

Activity: 506
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 05:43:32 AM

just let the markets go up for a while and sell out , looking at articles that indicate anything volatile in the market
sell out, even in green, don't panic if you sell out early as eventually it all goes red anyways, but wait till red period, then buy in at a green

worldtraveller
Ljanesanti

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:12:12 AM

I think the number one key to be able to at least have an hint on when to sell and hold is to totally analyze the current situation. I mean there are methods to use but again it still hard to know what would happen next. One tip that i was able to learn is the concept of panic selling.

Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:18:18 AM

just look unto the price when you found it out that the price reaches your desire amount go sell it , it also the same with the alt coin but when it comes to alt you need to wait until the value raise because it might take a couple of months before it establish a good price .
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:33:18 AM

I think the number one key to be able to at least have an hint on when to sell and hold is to totally analyze the current situation. I mean there are methods to use but again it still hard to know what would happen next. One tip that i was able to learn is the concept of panic selling.

Bitcoin is future currency. So it will change any time. You will know the prices list and more information for the future. I will learn more information from bitcoin. I will check the bitcoin day by day. It good opportunity for the future invest and future growth. So ypu will check the prices day by day. It will help to for the plan to work and invest the future. Bitcoin give more good opportunity so you use it well. So it will be chage any time. So will paln for it. Before you will plan ro work for it. You will know the prices then you sell the bitcoin on time. So you will learn it and

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Kira Del Rosario

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:36:50 AM

The best time to sell is when the coin reaches the peak of its price. As long as its only in its normal or average price you should still hold on to it to have a higher profit. Some people make the mistake of selling it at an average price because they are too afraid to take the risk.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:17:49 AM

The best time to sell is when the coin reaches the peak of its price. As long as its only in its normal or average price you should still hold on to it to have a higher profit. Some people make the mistake of selling it at an average price because they are too afraid to take the risk.
Yeah, when the coin reaches a peak value or up to your desired value where you can make the aspired amount of profit out of it, then it is the best time to sell it. More the time invested more will be the profit as the value of the coin increases gradually with respect to time as more and more people invest in it.
However, it is seen quite often that people sell the coin out of panic when there's some fall in the price but you won't have worry as the price will increase at its pace after the dip...

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:30:36 AM

Know the latest news about the coin you want to trade.
Most pumps and dumps are caused by events that are either positive or negative for the coin.
Examples of events that cause changes in price: Exchange shutting down, countries banning ICO, meeting announcements.
Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price.
Definitely true, you must really need to be updated about all the happening in cryptocurrency.
And also the movement price of it you should monitor.
So you will have an idea when you should buy or sell your coin.
Its hard to make decision without basis.
So to avoid regret better to be wise and knowledgable.
Yes I agree with you, In additional much better to observed and check the movement of price in the market before you can do the final decision to sell your coins. So that you have no regret at the end.
Remember the more you do wrong decision the more you loss your profit.
livincoin

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

It depends on a way how you trade. If you are scalping, then 5% growth is already enough for you, and you sell, to buy some other coin, and then, again, make small, but quick money on it's growth.
But if you are trading long, then it's better to analyse the previous graphic of coin's rise and falls, and sell whenever the coin reaches it's new highest peak (which usually is not too much higher then the previous peak, as every coin has a capitalisation, that influences it's value, which can't increase like immediately.  
QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:14:52 PM

Always know your exit point before entering a trade!
HNY2018

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

Of course it depends on you as long as you have your goal profit for your investment why not, but you need to wait because we know that bitcoin investing is risky. If you invest your money and bitcoin decrease it's value don't worry just wait until it's increase again until you have a good profit then that's the time to sell.
To know about selling of bitcoin that best way is to check the price of bitcoin because whenever you going to buy or sell bitcoin so you have to check the price of bitcoin when you come to know that its price is low then buy bitcoin as much as you can and then when its price go high then sell bitcoin so bitcoin price really matter so I’m also doing same because without going to check the price you can’t buy or sell bitcoin so it’s very important for every single investor to check the price of bitcoin every day.
illete

Activity: 115
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:32:33 PM

It depends either you hold for long term or short term or set a price in your mind that once reach that price will sell out.If you buy cheaper and give you more than initial investment its a green signal to sell out.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:49:11 PM

We all know that it is a good time to sell if the price is high, if you already gain good profit and I think that is the time to sell. Buy in low price and sell in high price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: