Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another crazy idea : please tell me why that is not possible  (Read 222 times)
latzer (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:08:38 PM

So here is the point:

create a standardization of the way we program connected objects so we can use model-checking algorithm to make sure they behave as expected.

With this, everyone will be able to create its own connected object using chips or smartphones or simply a raspberry pi.
So you do not need to buy a complete device from a private company but just build it yourself, since you can simply use open-source code.

Next is using a blockchain, allow these connected objects to communicate together to share informations in order to improve their behavior. They make transactions to upload and download operational data from the blockchain

they can either just make transactions like "ok this is the way I work (using a given set of parameters), and my electricity consumption is X".
or they can be a node and then verify both a transaction and run a light model-checking tool verifying the parameters given in the  transaction.
Given a set of parameters in a transaction, the tool outputs either "yes, I can use the same set of parameters and my behavior is not compromised" or "no, with this new set of parameters there might be a bug". This already exists.
Moreover it is the job of other connected objects to ensure your own object behaves well. So you pay fees to other connected objects because they helped you.

Such a network could make some money saving for people using it. Currently with for instance connected radiators that optimize their behavior according to the presence or not of someone at home one can make a 30% electricity bill saving.

With such a collaborative tool to exchange secure informations (in the sense that it brings no bug) we could develop so much "green" processes without the need of any Google, Amazon or any big brother company. Using again the blockchain we could sell informations to energy companies that need so much to know about our behaviors.

More than that, and IMHO I believe it is an active field of research, we can automate communication between different type of connected objects so they work for a common purpose, like the well-being of the human owner. With those shared data we can ensure the well behavior of connected objects that are connected in the same home or building.

sooo what do you think ? is it interesting or completely infeasible using a blockchain or useless ?

disclaimer: I am a model-checking PhD student.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: