Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JSEcoin  (Read 41196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JSEcoin (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:45:51 PM

Cryptur - At this time no we don't have nodes that others can compile and run. This is however a requirement for the exchanges so it will be coming at some point I believe. Regarding the functionality I am not sure whether we will be able to allow other mining pools because quality control/fraud would be an issue I feel.

BlackNeo -It's fine but bare in mind that mining rewards are split between every user on the same IP address. So if your wife logs in at the same time as you are mining your rewards will half. This is a measure put in place to stop abuse where only one ticket per block is issued per IP address. This is the kind of thing that could be bypassed in theory if we open-sourced the code and let 3rd parties run their own pools which goes back to Crypturs comment.

Ranawat1987 - Exchange listing we have said 2018 but haven't set a date yet as we have a lot of work to do (see above) and I don't want to commit to a date and then have to push it back. The bottom line is we want to build out a great platform and engage a solid user base before we ICO and we aren't going to rush in to it. Our team is not well known in cryptocurrency circles and I feel like we have to prove ourselves before we can expect the majority of investors to take the risk of investing in the project.

Cdrx - See above. We haven't decided on the ICO/exchange token technology yet which would dictate what offline wallets are available. ERC20 is the current standard, Bittrex now supports ERC223. EOS are working on some really exciting stuff which may be better suited but we don't know how widely adopted it will be at this point. There's plenty of other organizations working on this technology which could disrupt the industry by the time we are ready to ICO. We could integrate with ERC20 token now which would work with the majority of offline wallets and exchanges but then that would be locking us in to a technology that isn't ideal for our use case. I'm sorry we can't commit to an exact date for ICO at this stage but I don't feel confident I know enough about the challenges ahead to make an accurate assessment. We only launched in August and there are currently daily updates to the system as we move forwards. This isn't going to be an overnight process and we are looking at this as a long-term project. As soon as we have a date I will put a notification on this forum and the JSEcoin website.

JSEcoin is a browser mined blockchain, powered by webmasters and built for mainstream adoption
Live platform since August 2017 - ICO starts 11th July 2018
https://jsecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptur

Activity: 82
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

Cryptur - At this time no we don't have nodes that others can compile and run. This is however a requirement for the exchanges so it will be coming at some point I believe. Regarding the functionality I am not sure whether we will be able to allow other mining pools because quality control/fraud would be an issue I feel.

What is the reason for decentralized client based mining if there is just a single pool handling all the hash rate?
Isn't that kind of pointless as the pool could do whatever it wants independently from what the clients are hashing anyway?

Wont JSE follow a trustless approach?

Thanks
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:11:40 PM

Cryptur: At the moment the mining isn't decentralized, all the servers are running behind the jsecoin.com load balancer. A publisher has to use the load.jsecoin.com script and associated fraud controls. It would be difficult to maintain any kind of quality control in a truly trustless system and the last thing we want to do is create an arms race for who can hack the most sites and put JSEcoin script on the domains.

There's an article here about decentralization and the challenges and opportunities we have available: https://jsecoin.com/thoughts-on-decentralization/

JSEcoin is a browser mined blockchain, powered by webmasters and built for mainstream adoption
cryptur

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:28:54 PM

Cryptur: At the moment the mining isn't decentralized, all the servers are running behind the jsecoin.com load balancer. A publisher has to use the load.jsecoin.com script and associated fraud controls. It would be difficult to maintain any kind of quality control in a truly trustless system and the last thing we want to do is create an arms race for who can hack the most sites and put JSEcoin script on the domains.

There's an article here about decentralization and the challenges and opportunities we have available: https://jsecoin.com/thoughts-on-decentralization/

But isn't decentralization the whole point of mining?

If you do it centralized why don't you just do a own 100% premined at very low difficulty coin and let people use that?

Wouldn't that be the most energy efficient way to do it?

I agree there have to be fraud prevention happening but again why then PoW mining at all?

Why not PoS or proof of presence or similar?

To be clear maybe I dont understand the problem,
is your problem that it isn't feasible to limit the hash power being used to find a new block if it isn't your own pool?
Or why would decentralized mining be a suspect to fraud?

JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:58:34 AM

The issue with webmining is that the fraud attempts we are facing are similar to those that ad networks have been battling with for 20 years such as botnets, automated browser networks, hidden iframes etc. Some, but not all, of these are solvable programmatically, it is an ever evolving threat and to date noone has come up with a reliable programmatic solution in ad-tech. Googles ad network is still riddled with fraudulent traffic as anyone who has ever worked with the display network will know. Is there a way to do this in a truly 100% decentralized system? I don't believe there is but I think it will be possible to build a hybrid type system which has some of the benefits of centralized services and some of the benefits of dapps.

JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:09:26 AM

Closing the Pre-ICO funding round

This is notification we will be closing the Pre-ICO funding round at midnight GMT on the 4th December 2017.

Full details are available here: https://jsecoin.com/closing-pre-ico-funding-round/

Thanks to all our early investors that have helped move this project forwards.

cryptur

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:59:04 AM

The issue with webmining is that the fraud attempts we are facing are similar to those that ad networks have been battling with for 20 years such as botnets, automated browser networks, hidden iframes etc. Some, but not all, of these are solvable programmatically, it is an ever evolving threat and to date noone has come up with a reliable programmatic solution in ad-tech. Googles ad network is still riddled with fraudulent traffic as anyone who has ever worked with the display network will know. Is there a way to do this in a truly 100% decentralized system? I don't believe there is but I think it will be possible to build a hybrid type system which has some of the benefits of centralized services and some of the benefits of dapps.

Thanks a ton for the open discussion on the topic, I think it is key to make those parts clear otherwise the question will arise again and again as the decentralization is what drives the community.

Thanks
cdrx

Activity: 441
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:50:32 AM

Closing means change. Glad to hear also about some changes...

waiting for my wallet, now  Roll Eyes
mikebibi

Activity: 89

Altcoin to the moon

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:52:30 AM

hope the tokens circulates in thid coming months, so that websites will earn a bit more from traffic.  Smiley

cdrx

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:44:31 PM

Does the script installed on a site increase the server load, if yes, how much in % ?
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:33:35 PM

Hi CDRX,

No it runs within the browser of the website visitor using javascript so your web server is completely unaffected.

The main javascript file is distributed from our content delivery servers so there is no additional load on your hosting provider.

LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:52:02 AM

Cdrx - See above. We haven't decided on the ICO/exchange token technology yet which would dictate what offline wallets are available. ERC20 is the current standard, Bittrex now supports ERC223. EOS are working on some really exciting stuff which may be better suited but we don't know how widely adopted it will be at this point. There's plenty of other organizations working on this technology which could disrupt the industry by the time we are ready to ICO. We could integrate with ERC20 token now which would work with the majority of offline wallets and exchanges but then that would be locking us in to a technology that isn't ideal for our use case. I'm sorry we can't commit to an exact date for ICO at this stage but I don't feel confident I know enough about the challenges ahead to make an accurate assessment. We only launched in August and there are currently daily updates to the system as we move forwards. This isn't going to be an overnight process and we are looking at this as a long-term project. As soon as we have a date I will put a notification on this forum and the JSEcoin website.

Look platform with cms (comsa) token and its forks which it can potentially produce. The more it crosses blockchain ETH and NEM
(the project is unfolding and has recently completed its Ico, although developments have been going on for several years already)
Moreover, Japan lies in the legal field, both from the point of view of exchanges and in general everything that happens with the crypt.
Perhaps in your case and approach it will be a good option to release a token and legalization of the entire position and platform Smiley
caytienbct

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

My dream is to be a self-made billionaire

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:25:27 AM

Free-fee transactions with 30-second block-time. It sounds great! Are there more exciting features of JSEcoin? I ask the question simply because 30 seconds per block is fast, faster than others, it's good. But so many other coins has 60-second block-time. Only transaction speed might not create a real evolution.
rmueti

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:04:26 AM

Question...
When this coin will be listed in exchanges?
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:52:49 PM

Hi caytienbct, I think the main feature that makes us different is the web based mining platform. This allows us to distribute the coin further and wider than traditional cryptocurrencies ensuring more stakeholders.

Rmueti, it will be listed on exchanges after the ICO which will be in 2018 but we haven't set a date yet.

JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:33:14 PM

Nice project, so when the code will be open-sourced?

I think around Q1 2018 after we've rolled out the next major update and done a security review. We need to get a 3rd party review done as well before it's released.

kbrdek

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:11:40 PM

Finally official ANN thread. I've been with this project for some time now and can say only good things. I just hope we will also have bounty camapign Smiley
cdrx

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:29:22 AM

I think Mined Today shows bigger values that in reality or Mined Lifetime shows lower value than reality. (since few days ago)
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:24:55 AM

Hi kbrdek, thank you. We are looking at the possibility of a bounty campaign as part of the ICO marketing plan.

Cdrx, we had a blip on the stats, earnings weren't affected but reporting on the platform wasn't displayed right between the 27th and 30th. Full details here: https://jsecoin.com/forums/topic/bug-with-mined-today-stats/#post-4834

Thanks to everyone that has invested and mined in the last week we've had amazing support since announcing the close of the pre-ico funding. Probably Bitcoin going over $10k didn't hurt us either as everyone seems to be talking about crypto at the moment. Next week once everything settles down we are going to branch our repo and start work on the next major update. We have the testnet fully setup and functional now so the developers can work on and break things without affecting the main system. I think once the update is done the next step will be to get a 3rd party security review and then open-source to code base. From there we will start looking at exchange integration and plans for the ICO. Tracey will be working on the accounts and we should have the November accounts posted on the website next week.

Thanks again to all the early adopters and a final reminder that anyone that wants to invest should do so before midnight GMT on Monday 4th December.

cdrx

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:01:37 AM

Mined Today seems to work now, but...

Mined Lifetime didn't move for a long time, not sure how many days but it's not updating cumultated revenue, I have same amount unchanged for days. Update: now seems to update, but for sure, latest days were not added, and mined for nothing.

Also, how can i see how much I made yesterday, per day, per site ?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: