Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 05:48:22 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Aren’t There More Women in Bitcoin?  (Read 921 times)
gregory51gosh

Activity: 238

Analysis is the key.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:37:28 AM

Actually it's changing!

We have a CCO in our project: https://twitter.com/loyaltywife

Because we use Waves blockchain, mainly:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

▬▬▬▬ TOKENLOYALTY ICO  ▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ DAO ecosystem for loyalty programs: YOUTUBE ▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
angelloveangel

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

This goes back to how women developed early on in the workplace . Typically parents in America do not suggest other options for women besides the norm : teaching , social work, desk job , care giver, nursing , etc.  The toys that boys play with are even more analytical and thought provoking than the toys that girls play with. Example : girls play with dolls , boys play with building things and conquering the world .  Women also are suppose to be more family oriented and while its okay for a man with 2 kids to work all day and night , it is not so much okay for a women with 2 kids to do so. Which is not a bad thing , it just is what it is.  Personally , I love being involved with computers and mathematics but I decided to be a sociology major instead of doing something I actually enjoyed doing because I thought I could get a job easier and the classes were easy and not challenging at all. I was in business and received and A in all my math courses including business calculus.  But business, was not even my niche . My niche was computers , numbers, programs , figuring out how to solve problems and fix them. I was the computer fixer in my family but when I was 17 I honestly did not even know there was such a thing as computer engineering .   So I am hoping to one day be able to afford to go back to school and do that but with my crap degree , I very highly doubt it ha
thinkpad99

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:40:38 PM

This goes back to how women developed early on in the workplace . Typically parents in America do not suggest other options for women besides the norm : teaching , social work, desk job , care giver, nursing , etc.  The toys that boys play with are even more analytical and thought provoking than the toys that girls play with. Example : girls play with dolls , boys play with building things and conquering the world .  Women also are suppose to be more family oriented and while its okay for a man with 2 kids to work all day and night , it is not so much okay for a women with 2 kids to do so. Which is not a bad thing , it just is what it is.  Personally , I love being involved with computers and mathematics but I decided to be a sociology major instead of doing something I actually enjoyed doing because I thought I could get a job easier and the classes were easy and not challenging at all. I was in business and received and A in all my math courses including business calculus.  But business, was not even my niche . My niche was computers , numbers, programs , figuring out how to solve problems and fix them. I was the computer fixer in my family but when I was 17 I honestly did not even know there was such a thing as computer engineering .   So I am hoping to one day be able to afford to go back to school and do that but with my crap degree , I very highly doubt it ha

I think men have better heads for business. Women are very hardworking but often take long time to do the simplest things. In addition, a man should make money in the family.

Hazibito

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:50:31 PM

Actually there's a lot in my telegram group.. mostly from Asia region.
BTCGOLD

Activity: 336

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:15:54 PM

I think it is because womens spend less time at the computer what comes down to that there is little womens here

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████     █████████████████
 ██████████████████      █████████████████
  ████████████████        █████████████████
   ██████████████          █████████████████
    ▀██████████▀            ▀████████████████▄
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
ALGORY  Multifunctional Tool for Cryptocurrency Trading 
Join Whitelist and Get 20% Bonus┃CROWDSALE ON DEC. 8
           ░████████████▒
       ░████████████████████░
     ░████████████████████████▒
   ░████████████████████████████░
  ░██████████████████   █████████▒
 ░███████████████      ▒██████████░
 █████████████         ████████████
░██████████            ████████████░
░██████                ████████████▒
░█████████████▒▒      ▒████████████▒
 ████████████████     █████████████░
 ▒████████████████    ████████████▒
  ▒████████████████▒  ████████████
   ░█████████████████ ██████████▒
     ██████████████████████████░
       ▒█████████████████████
          ░██████████████▒
TianaStam

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:39:21 PM

Well, that's right. Boys are addicted with comuters from very young years and they like to know how everything works. So, they easy accpet all this information andout Blockchan, Bitcoin, Forks and so on. I am a girl, BTW, and when I read all this posts about how everything works my head just hurt me, cause of to me this all sounds a bit nerdy and hard for understanding  Huh
But I am going to try my best to get involved in this "makingmoney on the internet" business, of course Wink

livincoin

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:43:02 PM

I am a woman  Wink but I am planning to launch an ICO concerning hotel business, so it is not anyhow connected with the high-tech. So probably there's not so much women here because we (women) like something real a bit more than based on information technologies. I am an interior designer for example, and I found out about bitcoin and ICO from my husband, who works for high-tech all his life.
apvmoreira

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:02:25 PM

I Believe that the main reason is college/university choices.

Most IT/tech stuff are over flooded  by man, while other areas like teaching is not, at least where i come from.

So, its natural that more man are here than women, although this is going to change in the next areas, no doubt on it.
kareninsf

Activity: 17

Btc trader since 2014 karen@kareninsf.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:12:04 PM

Beats me lol- happy to be one of them Smiley

Bitrated user: karenminsf.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Whitelist for WePower token sale before 1st of Feb

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:20:54 PM

I Believe that the main reason is college/university choices.

Most IT/tech stuff are over flooded  by man, while other areas like teaching is not, at least where i come from.

So, its natural that more man are here than women, although this is going to change in the next areas, no doubt on it.

You probably right, it can a bit tricky and complex to understand how bitcoin and all the crypto currencies work when you have a limited knowledge on these topic.
I have some female friends that are lately interested in the bitcoin Smiley

▀███   ███   ████    ▄██████▄
       ████ █████ █████▄  ███▀  ▀███
        ███▄██▀██▄██████  ██████████
        ▀█████ █████▀████ ███▄  ▄▄▄
         ▀███   ███▀  ███▄ ▀██████▀▀
                      ▀███
███▄████▄     ▄█████▄  ████   ███   ███▀ ▄██████▄  ███▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄███▀▀▀███▄ ███  █████  ███ ███▀  ▀███ █████▀
███     ███ ███     ███ ▀███ █████ ███  ██████████ ███
███▄   ▄███ ███▄   ▄███  ▀█████▀█████▀  ███▄  ▄▄▄  ███
█████████▀   ▀███████▀    ████▀ ▀████   ▀████████▀ ███
███ ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
███
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Deena

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:40:43 PM

It can be an unfriendly place for women. Lots of sexist and explicit images in many Telegram rooms etc.
Thanks for the warning. I guess it's not too late to leave yet.  Cheesy
Deena

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:48:05 PM

meatspace
First I smiled. Then I got offended. Not as a girl. But as a human being.
k564088

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:20:41 PM

I agree...lots of sexist crap on telegram.
xCRYPTO

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:31:44 AM

I agree...lots of sexist crap on telegram.

Yeah telegram, maybe some of them are real men disguise as a women they are pretending. Lol
Most male are interested in crypto female are only 40% of them and 70% of male.
CleoElize

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:53:14 PM

in memri.tv they say women have inferior brains. i don't know.

Such sexist views, stereotyping women.

However, I think one of the main reason why there are fewer female population in the cryptoworld is because most female tends to pursue a career in a real world with regards to the field of specialization that they have chose.. They tend to think and look straight at a certain goal, unlike men who likes to explore new things, careers, hobbies, taking risks, especially in the virtual world.
E50M

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:51:08 AM

I am a woman and I want to make money, my man can not buy me absolutely nothing. I try to earn it myself

Memenya

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:12:27 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why? Read More

I was thinking the reason is because not many female interest in bitcoin.
More man interest than female. Female just like interest in make up than bitcoin.

machinek20

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:41:43 PM

I think there are a lot of female users, it is hard to get the precise detail since all of the users are anonymous, but I must say when there was a conference most of the participants were male, I think male are more tech geek than female

wizcoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

most of us here have hidden identity. we can't say that there are no to less women here.
Futureblnr

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:40:54 AM

I think that they will come to this as its became widespread
Ans its really interesting to watch how cryptocurrency is becoming more available for each of us. https://mytc.io/ Ive just checked their website and wanna try it. A blockchain platform to turn time into the cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.