Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Help] Easiest way to get Iota?  (Read 265 times)
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:39:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm an old investor in BTC who is recently getting back into it, however I'm now turning my attention to some alt coins that I think have potential.

I am looking to purchase around $100-$500 worth of Iota the simplest way possible, how would I go about doing this? The most comprehensive answer that best fits my needs will receive a small tip in Iota once I've made my purchase.

Thanks!

- Parodium

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:42:03 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm an old investor in BTC who is recently getting back into it, however I'm now turning my attention to some alt coins that I think have potential.

I am looking to purchase around $100-$500 worth of Iota the simplest way possible, how would I go about doing this? The most comprehensive answer that best fits my needs will receive a small tip in Iota once I've made my purchase.

Thanks!

- Parodium

Oke register on Hitbtc.com or chose an exchange to your liking https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#markets
Deposit BTC (click balances/wallet and it should be quite obvious)
Once BTC arrives you go the the markets and enter the ticker for IOTA which is MIOTA
Purchase the amount of MIOTA you would like
And there you go.

If this was helpfull you can keep the MIOTA.

kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:42:50 PM

Binance has served me well so far. But from what I can see, you have to have some btc to trade for Iota, you can't buy it straight up. You create an account (no ID verification required until 1 BTC/day withdrawal, if I'm not mistaken), send btc or eth that you have to your account (coins get deposited after two confirmations) and you can trade away. I'm happy with binance up until now.

shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:48:09 PM

There are a list of exchanges you can buy IOTA with BTC.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#markets

Find the exchange most convenient for you and deposit your BTC. After that, buy from the order book.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:26:10 PM

What is your real problem with it? why can not you buy it directly through an exchanger?

I am looking to purchase around $100-$500 worth of Iota the simplest way possible, how would I go about doing this?

Are you living on the US? Maybe that is the real problem of why you are not able to do it directly through there.

I would not suggest you to buy IOTA directly with bitcoin right now, we all know how stucked are the transactions at the moment, and tell me, are you willing to pay $20 worth of fees only to buy a few iota's?

Wait until all this shit gets back to normal again, and then deposit your bitcoins on binance.

But dont do day trade in there (only if you are looking to be trading with iota's) The actual fee for withdrawing bitcoins in binance is aprox $280.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:15:02 PM

I am looking to purchase around $100-$500 worth of Iota

Well then the most appropriate thing to say as a beginning to you would be "Welcome Back "  Smiley  Where have you been ?
With the recent price craziness of BTC we've seen a lot of new people join the crypto community, some old people getting back to it and some looking for their wallets that they left and probably got erased several years ago. All of this attention is because of the price surge and the profits you can get out of investing in it.

However, you're one of the few people who tried to take quite a different approach. Probably because this is not the first time you deal with btc o crypto generally as newbie tend to have no idea about altcoins.
This makes me ask my self a few questions. Why are you deciding not to invest in btc itself again ? Maybe wait for a coming price drop and buy in ?

That might be a question that you probably have an answer to which brings us to the second point why IOTA ? I totally can't find a reason for investing in it. Especially at this time. I'm not sure what you've been reading/watching that convinced you to buy it but there's totally way better coins to buy right now.

IOTA's price has been below a dollar for quite a long time and got a small pump. Exactly a week ago, 1 iota was for about $1.45. Buying at the current price of $4.66 which is like that ATH of the coin is not exactly wise. It can drop and will surely do when they start dumping the coin.

Well, the procedure of buying is as simple as it can be. Register an account on Bitfinex, deposit btc, buy, done.
I guess you already know that I believe it's a wrong idea to buy now but your choice in the end.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:53:17 AM

You can buy on Bitfinex for USD or BTC. And choose some purse for hold miota.

pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:54:11 AM

Just buy via bitfinex

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

Here's a list of IOTA exchanges. I personally prefer Binance.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: