Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoGrabber - A physical arcade claw machine converted to accept Bitcoin  (Read 23310 times)
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:00:52 PM

They should make an entire video game arcade exclusively accepting bitcoins. The thing is will you be forced to wait for the confirm ? Also with these high fees will it be worth it ? Playing a game costs s few cents so how would that work ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

They should make an entire video game arcade exclusively accepting bitcoins. The thing is will you be forced to wait for the confirm ? Also with these high fees will it be worth it ? Playing a game costs s few cents so how would that work ?

The whole arcade old school style accepting bitcoins will be great. and i am pretty sure Adam will think about this.
about the other thing you said, i think its the issue for every transactions now a days but it will be better in coming time with the segwit maybe. and on the other hand.. if the stakes are higher so will the prize, that thing can be balanced as such.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:34:54 AM

Yep - a bitcoin/crypto arcade is one of my long-term goals! Confirmations is the issue - Zero was set at CoinFestUK - We had alot of feedback from the event about the machine, with many suggesting offering another crypto all-in-all to combat the confirmation issue.

.....Thanks aizzaku

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Rader

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:50:35 PM

WOW!! Things like that are the proof that Bitcoin isnt a bubble
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:33:13 AM

The whole arcade old school style accepting bitcoins will be great. and i am pretty sure Adam will think about this.
about the other thing you said, i think its the issue for every transactions now a days but it will be better in coming time with the segwit maybe. and on the other hand.. if the stakes are higher so will the prize, that thing can be balanced as such.

I was thinking it doesn't matter of the transactions take long because you will be at the arcade for several hours they will go through by the time you leave of ever there is an issue the owner simply bans that wallet.
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 03:30:58 PM

I was thinking it doesn't matter of the transactions take long because you will be at the arcade for several hours they will go through by the time you leave of ever there is an issue the owner simply bans that wallet.

Indeed, several hours hopefully. Confirmation takes any more (a few days!) they get locked in lol

batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

Not posted here in awhile but I’m still working on this machine. Adding multiple currencies to the system (As I can’t have someone waiting for 30 minutes to play when they pay with BTC!).

Zero confirms on BTC payment while I host it at CoinFestUK is fine as a “Proof of concept” showing the machine working but expanding to multiple currencies is the best way forward.

We were partnered with The Bitcoin Store but this has since ceased as we haven’t heard anything back off them regarding more stock, I have followed some of the things that have changed with the store but the guy I speak to hasn’t got back in touch. This will make us form a new partnership with another company for our apparel and get the grabber graphics redesigned but hey that’s how things go.

Due to the above about the stock the machine wasn’t present at the two events I just co-organised as I had little stock for the machine and not enough time to arrange it myself. Either way the machine will be back at CoinFestUK2018 😎

Martin SK

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:48:10 PM

Not posted here in awhile but I’m still working on this machine.

(...)

Either way the machine will be back at CoinFestUK2018 😎

I also want to get my danceOmatic to CoinFestUK2018! Tongue
I cannot PM you anymore since there has been added this new option about NOT ACCEPTING PM's FROM NEWBIES. Can you switch that off so we can continue our dialogue? -(and PM me when you have done so. Thanks!)
Also witch currency would be the best to perform this fast micro transactions atm. Digibyte?

Best regards!
jargal

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:21:35 PM

I love this idea.
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

Not posted here in awhile but I’m still working on this machine.

(...)

Either way the machine will be back at CoinFestUK2018 😎

I also want to get my danceOmatic to CoinFestUK2018! Tongue
I cannot PM you anymore since there has been added this new option about NOT ACCEPTING PM's FROM NEWBIES. Can you switch that off so we can continue our dialogue? -(and PM me when you have done so. Thanks!)
Also witch currency would be the best to perform this fast micro transactions atm. Digibyte?

Best regards!

Grin

I didn't know of that feature, my apologies. This has been switched off.

There are many but Digibyte is a very good one.

stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:30:54 AM

This machine accepting bitcoin payment is used for what utility? Or does it function as a
blockchain extender platform or it is designed specifically for payment of certain service?
Is this machine also scalable for any expansion of some sort?
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:31:47 AM

This machine accepting bitcoin payment is used for what utility? Or does it function as a
blockchain extender platform or it is designed specifically for payment of certain service?
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:41:33 AM

It is to show people how digital currencies can blend into the real-world via physical interaction.  

Martin SK

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

It is to show people how digital currencies can blend into the real-world via physical interaction.  
[/quote]

Word up! So important, and the same reason why I want to implement it.
Crypto Lion

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:40:57 PM

This is a very interesting idea! So many people love arcades as well so you'd be Bitcoin balling in no time. I think you should aim to make the arcades more secure than the current ones so then people aren't able to scam the system or attempt to steal Bitcoins from the machine.
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

Also a lighting node on it Cheesy

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 03:41:09 PM

Posting some updates here of the project, a lot has happened over the past year! CryptoGrabber now takes MonetaryUnit (MUE), DigiByte (DGB) and Litecoin (LTC) and we have formed new merchandise partnerships for crypto socks, tshirts, hats and accessories wristbands, paperwallets aswell as collectable coins and badges. 

I have recently been making some short (Not very professional) videos and posting them via the CryptoGrabber Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitcoinGrabber

We have been testing the speed of the various altcoins, here is the short MUE video:

MUE Payment testing: https://twitter.com/BitcoinGrabber/status/1085525115218153472

Here is a video of me finally grabbing and winning some  Kryptoez Socks! : https://twitter.com/BitcoinGrabber/status/1086685945880039425

The machine will feature at CoinFestUK 2019, we will have a pro video team on hand so some professional videos will be put together.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: