Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 2655 times)
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:37:42 PM

Totally agree.  More alive than ever in my opinion.  Long live bitcoin!

No sign of any death of bitcoins. The price and volume is increasing day by day and every other day we get the new highest price of bitcoins. This only means that bitcoin is being trusted by many members and we don't see any chance of bitcoin declining anytime soon.
I agree with this...bitcoin is getting stronger and its cost is increasing...but the thoughts of the problem of transaction speed doesn't leave me...I'm sure that if this doesn't change, people won't be able to use bitcoin  safely...what will happen then?

Bitcoin now is still alive but I don't see any prospects for its existence. The fact that the price is on the housetop not a guarantee that bitcoin will live on. How can I pay the fee for the confirmation of the transaction? The price of transactions will continue to grow. It's a dead end. Maybe it's time to leave bitcoin. It already makes a lot of big investors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 12:41:01 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is dead. It is 194th death so far from inception and I can see that Bitcoin is booming back with much more aggression after the first quarter of the next year. I agree that things are still in the development phase and hence there are some issues to deal with but it is far early to label of death to anything. It's just a beginning.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:01:34 PM

No sign of any death of bitcoins. The price and volume is increasing day by day and every other day we get the new highest price of bitcoins. This only means that bitcoin is being trusted by many members and we don't see any chance of bitcoin declining anytime soon.
I agree with this...bitcoin is getting stronger and its cost is increasing...but the thoughts of the problem of transaction speed doesn't leave me...I'm sure that if this doesn't change, people won't be able to use bitcoin  safely...what will happen then?

I think that we should use Bitcoin only as gold. You can hold it and invest to save your money, nothing else. Want to send money via digital assets? Use Dash, Ripple and other..
Well you are saying right because we should use bitcoin to save but it is not equal to Gold because bitcoin is much high in price and in value than gold. In old days people were using bitcoin as an investment but when they found price dropping down they lost patience and sell bitcoin so today they are sad for their decision. I also love bitcoin and I want to save bitcoin as long as I can save so bitcoin is still alive for me not dead at all.
rzluetlhch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:06:14 PM

Bitcoin now is still alive but I don't see any prospects for its existence. The fact that the price is on the housetop not a guarantee that bitcoin will live on. How can I pay the fee for the confirmation of the transaction? The price of transactions will continue to grow. It's a dead end. Maybe it's time to leave bitcoin. It already makes a lot of big investors.
Now that's not a retreat, you can see many investors who do not understand exactly what the BTC is doing are looking to the blockchain and bitcoin, and even altcoin.

TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:11:52 PM

No and it will never be. Bitcoin is a digital currency which is alive because of its highest value among the crytocurrency and most of the investors still using it. So bitcoin cant be die, it will be dump but it cant die.
futuris

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:49:16 PM

Hey all check out my interview following segwit2x explaining why bitcoin is not dead!  https://humblyyourservant.com/2017/11/13/bitcoin-is-not-dead/

Would love any feedback!
Yes, bitcoin is dead. Dead and alive at the same time. And everyone decides for himself, on what side he is.
cryptosabbir120

Activity: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:57:20 PM

Bitcoin's journey has just begun, is it the death of it? It can not be thought of. I believe it can go a long way.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:49:17 PM

Bitcoin has recently become very slow, his transactions are hanging by hundreds of thousands, but he is still alive. Soon it will be completely reanimated by a network of lightning and everything will be in order. The implementation of the lightning project in the bitcoin project will allow you to quickly conduct transactions without waiting for their confirmation. You can also make small payments with a commission of up to one dollar. After this bitkoyn again must be more alive than all living.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:54:50 PM

Bitcoin can not be killed and it is not dead. Let us wait and see what happened after December 28th. (segwit2x hard fork)
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:00:35 PM

Bitcoin has recently become very slow, his transactions are hanging by hundreds of thousands, but he is still alive. Soon it will be completely reanimated by a network of lightning and everything will be in order. The implementation of the lightning project in the bitcoin project will allow you to quickly conduct transactions without waiting for their confirmation. You can also make small payments with a commission of up to one dollar. After this bitkoyn again must be more alive than all living.

Well we have seen how tx fees and slow confirmations have been the real issue here. Most of us are complaining, and maybe some are moving to bitcoin cash or other alts. But importantly, there are still investors who decided to stick eventhough the issues hasn't been resolved. With that said, bitcoin will not die because of those people who still believed and trusted the system.

Yes, Lightning Network will be coming, This is what we have been waiting for. We do hope that the sidechains can be a solution to the ever growing mempool. Let's see how it goes, but I'm positive that it can greatly reduce and we can used bitcoin as design, for micro-payment transactions.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
SirLegendary

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:49:22 PM

But we still have a lot of perspective coins. For example, look at ripple, dash, ethereum, litecoin. All of them have less problems than bitcoin network and devs work to make them more security and usefull.
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:09:04 PM

Yeah, I would have understood this kind of statment during the bear market 2014-2016, but now as already pointed out, Bitcoin is alive as ever.
This is an interesting listing, how many times Bitcoin was already declared dead according to the media and expert opinion:
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

Currently, Bitcoin has died over 217 times and counting.  Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:12:14 PM

Bitcoin has been tending to move further to the next levels of growth. With bitcoin trust is much important, because the uncertainty leads to the initiation of lots of FUD around the entire network. If it's dead the price could have surged continuously. Now the growth has begun taking the price to reach $20000 at the earliest.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:31:15 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will die in a next couple of years.
We all love bitcoin, and still we all love it - it will be alive
devarajdp

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

At a time in which bitcoin cash (BCH) surges to $1,680, the cryptocurrency’s lead developer, Deadal Nix, stated that Bitcoin itself is dead as it split into two back in August. According to him, there is now bitcoin cash and bitcoin core/Legacy.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:09:37 AM

Hey all check out my interview following segwit2x explaining why bitcoin is not dead!  https://humblyyourservant.com/2017/11/13/bitcoin-is-not-dead/

Would love any feedback!

Bitcoin is not dead. Its price increase and decrease indicates kovement and movement is life. It has not remained static for long and always on the move whether for good or for worse and I thini that is something that aids bitcoin greatly.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:13:21 AM

Would love any feedback!
for me bitcoin is not dead, it will only be gone if all country decide it to ignore and not used anymore or it will become illegal or banned on all country you can called it bitcoin is dead but if you say bitcoin can be dead based on the dropping price i doubt. yeah it is truth that is very big loss of price of bitcoin but still the price is expensive and higher compare to the past few months believe only in bitcoin.trust it
BitCare

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:21:29 AM

Yeah, I would have understood this kind of statment during the bear market 2014-2016, but now as already pointed out, Bitcoin is alive as ever.
This is an interesting listing, how many times Bitcoin was already declared dead according to the media and expert opinion:
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

Currently, Bitcoin has died over 217 times and counting.  Wink

It's normal situation, mass media writes articles which will be read by visitors. The more frightening article heading, the more views and readers you will have.
ltcatcher88

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:51:18 AM

Good try to selfadvertise in topic. And no bitcoin is rising and shining nowdays.
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:55:00 AM

I think with its current price of about $15k and daily trading volume of more than $10 billion bitcoin is far from dead. I've seen it falling from $30 to $2 in 2011. Then I thought it was dead - but I was wrong even then.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: