Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does ICO work?  (Read 399 times)
AshikurRahmanKhan16 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:48:24 PM

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing good there. I want to know that how does ICO works? And after ICO what will they do? Please kindly answer me.

Thank you and forgive me if i did any mistake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:03:24 AM

ICO are not hard to understand. In past the ico setup a thread on this forum most of the time , use an escrow display there product , roadmapb, etc and raise funds mostly by issuing ecr20 tokens which is based on eth network.
The reason behind most ico using eth is the easiness for both users and developers. It raises funds from users which is illegal in few places and send them there tokens.

And after ICO what will they do?
This can't be predicted for any ico normally they start developing their product or start fulfilling the promises made in their whitepaper. Some do some don't the only important think for investors is for it to get listed on major exchanges so that it trades for a higher price.
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:35:48 AM

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing good there. I want to know that how does ICO works? And after ICO what will they do? Please kindly answer me.

They create their team and they come up with a project amd solution. They prepare a document called white paper to present their idea and business model. And then they make token sale event where they raise funds from the crowds, called crowd sale. And they issue their coins and distribute this to the people participated their ICO.
Stella27

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:15:53 AM

ICO works when a team will come up with a project, develop a coin, present a white paper which consists of there plan of the said project. Once the ico started, every one could buy tokens before it will be released to the market. So that means you could buy those at a lower price. So more chances of gaining once the project would succeed. Then after ICO, the tokens would be introduced to markets, it depends if which market they plan to join, from there, you could sell the your tokens and gai from it.
Zenixin

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

MR06Q8ZM3194

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:43:57 AM

ICO works when a team will come up with a project, develop a coin, present a white paper which consists of there plan of the said project. Once the ico started, every one could buy tokens before it will be released to the market. So that means you could buy those at a lower price. So more chances of gaining once the project would succeed. Then after ICO, the tokens would be introduced to markets, it depends if which market they plan to join, from there, you could sell the your tokens and gai from it.
Very well said, it is indeed a wayto promote their project as well as to raise funds to develop it, it's a new way now to do business.

⌂ the SUITE | THE NEW GENERATION OF LOYALTY PROGRAM
Visit : www.fidelitysuite.com
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:50:28 AM

Hello everyone,

They create their team and they come up with a project amd solution. They prepare a document called white paper to present their idea and business model. And then they make token sale event where they raise funds from the crowds, called crowd sale. And they issue their coins and distribute this to the people participated their ICO.

then if we already follow or buy their ico, will we also benefit ? and how do we make a profit ? and how to predict which ico is really good and will surely bring profit for us ? thankyou sir. Wink
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:03:07 AM

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing good there. I want to know that how does ICO works?

ICO is initial Coin Offering, so from the name you can understanding the meaning of ICO,,
this is an alternativeform of crowfunding that has emerged outside of the traditional financial system.

here some article will make you understand about how does ICO work.
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/how-does-an-ico-work

And after ICO what will they do?

If the funds is enough to continue the development of the project, just read their roadmap to know what will they do,,
but, if they didn't get enough fund or didn't meet the softcap, they will refund all collected money to investors or depending with the terms of the ICO

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
mrzeta

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 02:13:18 AM

The vast majority of ICO is based on eth's smart contracts, so what ICO specifically is, you need to have a clear idea in your mind
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:17:36 AM

ICO is a fundraising effort to build applications related to Blockchain and its implementations such as cryptocurrency, bitcoin, smart contract and smart ledger.
ICO offers a number of tokens to investors that are usually valued by Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin. These future tokens are expected to be of high value, depending on the success of the apps solving business problems.
for more info you should diligently read the post on each thread, will be a lot of knowledge that we can
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:19:16 AM

Hello everyone,

An ICO is a way commonly used by a starting company with a starting project to gain investors. After the ICO is launched and the project has gained enough resources already, they will now start to accomplish each little step of the way until full bloom of the project. The value of the tokens will also be ultimately based on the accomplishment of the project for the demand of the tokens will be based on how successful the project is.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 02:20:00 AM

That simple think you must use to Understanding ICO.ICO are the way of company to Promoted their Product.
but they need some BIG FUND to release that. so they made an ICO with good whitepaper, website , and many ways to make sure an Investor to Join.
If the Product are awesome , The Investor must be interested. then , if the ICO reach their SOFT CAP. so the ICO are Sucess.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:24:52 AM

New ICO means new altcoins, the startup of a crypto company with a new digital currency with a new product of different types, a fund rising strategies, they will offer ICO to the crowd to build awareness of their projects.
LiGuBi

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 02:37:54 AM

It depends alot on the ICO what they will do. Usually they hit the exchanges and distribute the coins. Which ICO are you interested in?
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:22:37 AM

ICOs are start up companies that are raising coins to fund their projects based on blockchain tech.

After ICOs end, the company uses the funds to develop the product - as per their development roadmap.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:08:48 AM

Hello everyone,

Firstly, A team of people will come up with an idea or a concept, the project will need to have it's own coin developed. The vision and mission of the team will be printed on a digital whitepaper, this will include roadmaps and a detailed explanation of what the team is planning to offer.

Eventually, with the right guidance from the board of members and advisory team of that particular ICO, they will start what we all know as PRE-ICO or ICO, where the community will be able to purchase tokens usually with other cryptocurrencies or fiat.
They can participate in bounty programs or collect airdrops from these ICO's. The tokens are purchased at a lower price during ICO phase, and cheaper during PRE-ICO.
The more followers the project or in this case ICO has, the higher the possibility of it succeeding.

Finally, the ICO phase will end, and if successful, the token will be introduced to the crypto market, and then you will have yourself another Altcoin, like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin etc etc...

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Fakayode1

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:14:32 AM

It is the stage of offering coin out initially to early investors and will increase immensely if the dev and the community stick together.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1217

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 08:14:56 AM

An ICO is a method of crowdfunding a project in order to pay for the costs of development, management, promotion of the project. What the team does is they have a goal in mind and to execute the goal they need money. If they are willing to allow people to crowdfund - then these "investors" need a method to be recognized as well. So the team develops "tokens" on some blockchain be it Ethereum or Waves or Omni. Then these tokens are sold in a public crowdsale to fund the project. Investors get their tokens for a price and these they can sell on exchanges or use for purposes in the platform which has been developed by the team (like an early bird offer).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:23:20 AM

Many coins are introduced daily into the market so we can't say all will give good profit to us.The success of an ICO is mainly depend on the development which needs to take their token to the world market and attract investors to them and make demand for their coins to get succeeded in their project so it needs lot of effort to be a successful ICO project.So do research about the development team before investing on their tokens if the project get succeeded your tokens will get good worth in future.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
burnsh56

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:47:29 AM

Hello everyone,

I believe there are good answers posted already about what is ICO. My two cents: as it seems to me, because of the steady growth of ICOs nowadays, there are several parts of the project that can make good ICO happen:
1. team
2. unique idea and vision
3. prototype
4. smart marketing
5. strong community

If all of this parts come together, there is a chance of nice and profitable long-term ICO.
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:05:45 AM

Hello everyone,

From what i understant the way a ICO works is like a multinational company.
The leading board are the initial team and the token buyers are the shareholders.
When you buy in a ICO you actually buy shares in a project you believe in. Some projects even offer quarterly payments for holders. The only thing that isn`t like a comapny is that shareholders can`t vote in the comany.
If i remember correctly The Dao project was based on that. The holders could vote for wich project to finance. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: