Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:13:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Measures against scams misusing the Bitcoin name  (Read 2142 times)
f32xT (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:49:19 PM

Concerning the recent and ongoing orchestrated attack on Bitcoin and the rise of countless Newbie accounts trying to deceive Bitcoin users into buying BCH or similar scam chains that feed off the original Bitcoin brand and try to damage Bitcoin itself, I suggest the implementation of certain measures on Bitcointalk in order to help stop this madness.

My suggestion: automatically replace "Bitcoin Cash" as well as "BCH" with "Altcoin Cash" / "ACH"  in the forum software for all new posts.

Why would Bitcointalk support an altcoin that misuses its name? There is no reason to. "Bitcoin" Cash is not a legit name and must not be supported on a real Bitcoin forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Profilerx

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:19:50 AM

Concerning the recent and ongoing orchestrated attack on Bitcoin and the rise of countless Newbie accounts trying to deceive Bitcoin users into buying BCH or similar scam chains that feed off the original Bitcoin brand and try to damage Bitcoin itself, I suggest the implementation of certain measures on Bitcointalk in order to help stop this madness.

My suggestion: automatically replace "Bitcoin Cash" as well as "BCH" with "Altcoin Cash" / "ACH"  in the forum software for all new posts.

Why would Bitcointalk support an altcoin that misuses its name? There is no reason to. "Bitcoin" Cash is not a legit name and must not be supported on a real Bitcoin forum.

Where is the proof that: countless Newbie accounts trying to deceive Bitcoin users into buying BCH

Why would someone “fall for it”? Everybody is entitled to make it’s OWN decision. If you fail to do that it’s your own fault.

Bitcoin cash is an official name as it’s a fork from bitcoin itself, as well as bitcoin gold. Why would you want to change it’s name on the forum doesn’t make sense.

If you feel threatend by bitcoin cash Please join the discusion in the altcoin forum, and move this thread there
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:12:31 AM

automatically replace "Bitcoin Cash" as well as "BCH" with "Altcoin Cash" / "ACH"  in the forum software for all new posts.

I support this.

Given that it's just an alt created in a ridiculous "plot to kill BTC" and with all the massive manipulation that is going on, this is only fair.

so says YOUR opinion. if you think this forum will do that you need to review this place Cheesy
BCT is about freedom, so anyone can post w.e.(for the most part)
dont give your money to things you FEEL are a scam, plain and simple
you dont need a "daddy" here to shadow change anything posted, use your BRAINS Cheesy
alts are alts, Mother BTC is the same as it always was
if you knew more about it, you may agree, and not ask the forum to CENSOR opinions
what a dumb request lol

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
f32xT (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:04:53 AM

automatically replace "Bitcoin Cash" as well as "BCH" with "Altcoin Cash" / "ACH"  in the forum software for all new posts.

I support this.

Given that it's just an alt created in a ridiculous "plot to kill BTC" and with all the massive manipulation that is going on, this is only fair.

so says YOUR opinion. if you think this forum will do that you need to review this place Cheesy
you dont need a "daddy" here to shadow change anything posted, use your BRAINS Cheesy
if you knew more about it, you may agree, and not ask the forum to CENSOR opinions
what a dumb request lol

Calling this a dumb request is nothing but your arrogant opinion.

Alts are alts, but alts that steal Bitcoin's name in a plot to kill BTC (as pettybuds correctly pointed out) is an attack on the brand that Bitcoiners do not have to support. I would not call this censorship, it's merely a correction of the utterly misused name.

I see Lauda began negging supporters who went too far promoting this fake Bitcoin chain and I completely understand this decision. This deception and foul play is dangerous. Why not take care of it? Naming it Altcoin Cash is a more than fair proposal.
Profilerx

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:10:43 AM

I support this.

what a dumb request lol

Calling this a dumb request is nothing but your arrogant opinion.

Alts are alts, but alts that steal Bitcoin's name in a plot to kill BTC (as pettybuds correctly pointed out) is an attack on the brand that Bitcoiners do not have to support. I would not call this censorship, it's merely a correction of the utterly misused name.

I see Lauda began negging supporters who went too far promoting this fake Bitcoin chain and I completely understand this decision. This deception and foul play is dangerous. Why not take care of it? Altcoin Cash is a more than fair proposal, personallly I'd replace go so far as to replace it with "scum"

It would be a bad precedent for future coins if this would succeed. Freedom of speech within the rules of the forum is in place. We don’t need people like you to dictate the rest And change names of coins you don’t like, grow up educate yourself. If something is bad discuss it but don’t censor things you don’t like.
f32xT (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:52:43 AM

It would be a bad precedent for future coins if this would succeed. Freedom of speech within the rules of the forum is in place. We don’t need people like you to dictate the rest And change names of coins you don’t like, grow up educate yourself. If something is bad discuss it but don’t censor things you don’t like.

You did not understand the point. This is not about censoring coins one doesn't like.

This is about a parasitic altcoin that steals the Bitcoin name and was designed to attack Bitcoin directly, deceiving the general public into thinking that this is related to the original Bitcoin, its community, and its ecosystem.

In other words - an outrageous scam.  Why would a Bitcoin forum support this?

Call it what it is, Altcoin Cash.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:55:38 AM
Merited by nullius (2)

Anyone who intentionally tries to deceive newbies that an altcoin is Bitcoin just because it stole the "Bitcoin" name, is an untrustworthy and malicious entity that can't be trusted. Doing something again these scams:
a) Not damaging to anyone (it actually does the opposite).
b) Not hurting freedom of speech (don't mistake acceptance of any kind of scam as a requirement for honoring freedom of speech).

The forum staff must absolutely use more rigorous measures in order to minimize the damage that these "people" try to cause.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:24:32 PM

I would consider it if it became a widespread, spammy problem, but I don't think that many people are confusing Bitcoin with Bcash on this forum. If someone is fraudulently passing off Bcash as Bitcoin, the most appropriate response is probably to give that person negative trust.

I consider the name "Bitcoin Cash" to be deceptive, but that's on the people behind it: I don't consider it deceptive/fraudulent for people to merely refer to that cryptocurrency as Bitcoin Cash.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:54:00 PM
Merited by nullius (2)

I would consider it if it became a widespread, spammy problem, but I don't think that many people are confusing Bitcoin with Bcash on this forum.
That stance is somewhat vague. As I've pointed out to you recently, there are some users who have been intentionally shilling Bcash with new threads in the Bitcoin Discussion sub-forum. Such users should be permanently banned IMO.

If someone is fraudulently passing off Bcash as Bitcoin, the most appropriate response is probably to give that person negative trust.
I fully agree.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
f32xT (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:49:03 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 05:00:29 PM by f32xT

Here we go again.  

User: Mrpumperitis
The real Bitcoin is Bitcoin cash  Wink
https://archive.fo/jWbBJ

Recent post history:
https://archive.fo/WobdL
https://archive.fo/iANwG

User: RawDog
Topic Title: "Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin.  SegWit is the AltCoin."  
BCC is in total agreement with Satoshi's Whitepaper.  SegWit is a wild deviation very far indeed from the whitepaper.  Why do people insist on calling Core's Bitcoin the 'real' bitcoin.  Bitcoin Cash is going to rule because on chain scaling will prove fine while Core Blockstream's altcoin will burn in flames.  Don't sell your BCC.  
http://archive.fo/Oskw6

Recent post history:
http://archive.fo/gaYXQ

User: MarketMagic
Bitcoin Cash was created by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009  Wink .This is the Bitcoin Cash genesis block: https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/block/1
https://archive.fo/Xzj15

Recent post history:
https://archive.fo/DTeCx

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:44:01 PM

and who the hell are you to decide?, mr NEWBIE ACC, bunch of trolls and scammers LAUDA

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:44:31 PM

ill say it here...BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1810
Merit: 2715

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 10:10:38 PM

ill say it here...BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN

No, it is not. Tapping your ruby slippers together 3 times and repeating it will not make it true.  Smiley

NoToHoaxers

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:18:33 PM

User: jbreher

Simple. Bitcoin Cash is purely Bitcoin. Shitcoins be shitcoins. Not too hard, is it?
If Bitcoin Cash is not Bitcoin (a hypothetical with which I do not agree), then this forum -- the Announcements (Altcoins) Forum -- would be a place that the creators of bitcointalk specifically set aside for discussion thereof.
You stupid piece of shit.
I'm just much bullishier on Bitcoin Cash.
Why ?
I ask with no snark or ill-intention.
Because it is purely and simply Bitcoin. In the form that I believe Satoshi intended. After all, it is Bitcoin largely as he left it, but with the insane centrally-planned production quota on transaction capacity relieved.
Bitcoin Cash _is_ Bitcoin. It's history extends unbroken back the the genesis block.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 07:37:08 PM

This is quite a difficult point to consider. Should we only have one Christian religion, or should schismatic religious followers of Christ be allowed to call themselves Christian. Bitcoin Cash was spawned from the Bitcoin blockchain, and as such, maybe it should be allowed to use the word "Bitcoin" with a qualifying suffix. Should it be able to call itself "Bitcoin"? Certainly not, Bitcoin as a single word should be reserved for the true and original blockchain.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 07:39:36 PM

Bitcoin Cash was spawned from the Bitcoin blockchain, and as such, maybe it should be allowed to use the word "Bitcoin" with a qualifying suffix.
No. Bitcoin Cash is nothing other than a blatant scam.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:46:41 PM

It's considerably more difficult for shilling to happen here as opposed to other forms of social media, some people have considerable work invested in their accounts and we have metrics and other options to ignore the obvious spam. While I am definitely not a fan of Bitcoin Cash, replacing words is, in some ways, worse than outright censorship.
ZhuldyzKaladinova

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:45:15 PM

User: jbreher

Simple. Bitcoin Cash is purely Bitcoin. Shitcoins be shitcoins. Not too hard, is it?
If Bitcoin Cash is not Bitcoin (a hypothetical with which I do not agree), then this forum -- the Announcements (Altcoins) Forum -- would be a place that the creators of bitcointalk specifically set aside for discussion thereof.
You stupid piece of shit.
I'm just much bullishier on Bitcoin Cash.
Why ?
I ask with no snark or ill-intention.
Because it is purely and simply Bitcoin. In the form that I believe Satoshi intended. After all, it is Bitcoin largely as he left it, but with the insane centrally-planned production quota on transaction capacity relieved.
Bitcoin Cash _is_ Bitcoin. It's history extends unbroken back the the genesis block.

Actively promoting Bit/Altcoin Cash to be Bitcoin -> absolutely not trustworthy.  This can and will mislead newcomers as well as those who simply don't know better and believe this user because of his 'Legendary' forum rank.

Bitcoin Cash was spawned from the Bitcoin blockchain, and as such, maybe it should be allowed to use the word "Bitcoin" with a qualifying suffix.
No. Bitcoin Cash is nothing other than a blatant scam.

Indeed.  I call it Bit/Altcoin Cash in order not to support its unconscionable misuse (and abuse) of the Bitcoin name.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:57:29 AM

You did not understand the point. This is not about censoring coins one doesn't like.

This is about a parasitic altcoin that steals the Bitcoin name and was designed to attack Bitcoin directly, deceiving the general public into thinking that this is related to the original Bitcoin, its community, and its ecosystem.

In other words - an outrageous scam.  Why would a Bitcoin forum support this?

Call it what it is, Altcoin Cash.

I bet that you are an troll account, itentionally created to discreditise other people believe in what is a real Bitcoin. You are a bigger problem and should be ban, with your real account.

The game is simple, Bitcoin failed to scale, failed to improve, and continuous so. Therefore hardfork happened and everyone was granted same amount of Bitcoin Cash, which tends to be better scaled solution. Now its time for one or another to show who is real player. When exchanges start switching to Bitcoin Cash and recognise it as next version of Bitcoin, than you will look like stupid clowns.

Now, decision on community and business to decide what is Bitcoin, not o  some Bitcoin purist on troll bot that evaded this forum. You can not ride dead horse.

So Bitcoin Cash is not alt coin.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 12:13:36 PM

Therefore hardfork happened and everyone was granted same amount of Bitcoin Cash, which tends to be better scaled solution.
Did you read this from Roger's twitter or from Jonald the Baboon's blog post? Roll Eyes
1) No development team, all Core's code.
2) Big blocks != scaling.
3) Therefore, no scaling
4) Highly miner, node, and richlist centralization.

Now its time for one or another to show who is real player. When exchanges start switching to Bitcoin Cash and recognise it as next version of Bitcoin, than you will look like stupid clowns.
You can't do that, neither morally, nor legally and it doesn't have any logical coherence. You must be out of you mind to think 2+2 = 5, or you're a bamboozled shill.

So Bitcoin Cash is not alt coin.
It is a scam altcoin.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: