Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank  (Read 3732 times)
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 08:05:14 PM

A bitcoin bank? Isn't that the whole point though?  Bitcoin is decentralized and i think this is one of the major reasons why states, banks and corporations are yet to jump on it an fighting the adoption of Bitcoin in all kinds of ways.  They portray Bitcoin/crypto's in such a bad light because it is perhaps too transparent for the, they won't be able to rob people and make massive profits to fill their pockets. 

Moreso, i don't see what purpose a bank would play in crypto.  The way it is, its as though each person in crypto has and his/her own personal bank and can do as they wish with it.  I'd much rather this system than the conventional banking system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

There is in fact no reason for this to ever happen. Bitcoin is by definition a saving tool, so banks are not needed. For loans, banks, being fiat money printers, will only loan you their currency, not the neighbour's one. Did any European bank lent in dollars ? No, for an obvious reason.
For these reasons, there will be no Bitcoin Bank.
Gayas

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:28:38 PM

Of course, will be such a Bank. The task of the banks to make a profit! And bitcoin gives them that opportunity.. loans in bitcoins.. contribution in bitcoins..

Scor1937

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:39:28 PM

Of course, will be such a Bank. The task of the banks to make a profit! And bitcoin gives them that opportunity.. loans in bitcoins.. contribution in bitcoins..
Actually not much truely. There can be decentrakised banks accepting bitcoins as payment method but i dont think they can even be centralised. Even now, we can find much websites which runs on the similar function of a bank like various investment websites, etc.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

I think we need a bank for Bitcoin Smiley) We can keep it safe and get more profit everyday by ourselves. We often send money to bank just because we want to be received the monthly or yearly interest but with Bitcoin we no need to do that. We can keep our Bitcoin in our own wallet and still can get more profit when Bitcoin price increase. If someone think that keep Bitcoin in our own wallet is not safe as keep it in bank maybe they don't know about coldstorage wallet like Trezor or Ledger nano s Smiley)

ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:22:16 PM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
I believe it is possible but not impossible, as in my country the banks are fighting against bitcoin as it is causing many obstacles to their development.
Bitcoin does not need a bank because bitcoin does not have a physical look so just keep it in the wallet ie online wallet. It's just for the progress of bitcoin must have a clear company address so many people will be more confident about bitcoin because there is already a clear address. We also have to know many obstacles in bitcoin, government and bank, but even so, bitcoin should not replicate how to create a bank because they will change the identity of the bitcoin which is very privacy and does not bother draining the administration because this is the identity of bitcoin.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 09:39:20 PM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
I don't think there is any need for Bitcoin bank what so ever because with blockchian technology all of us individuals are all our own bank and there is no need for any Bitcoin bank. Well to some extent banks maybe trust worthy but to some extent their targets is make profit by way of exploiting their customers and that is all and not for you to benefit from them.
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:55:25 PM

Well, there are those who are planning to have even with credit/debit card. They are being bashed though. They said it is impossible to have a bank with total privacy and so in and so forth to implement. It is combining the traditional bank features and the cryptocurrency transaction features.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:25:42 PM

It will work the otherway as banks might adopt their own crypto currency with their own terms and conditions to have a firm grip over the funds which will lead to disappearance of one of the major advantage of bitcoin as  the users will lose the full control over their crypto

Am I spamming? Report me!
charmaine08

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:53:18 PM

I hope so , but it is a nice idea ti have a bitcoin bank Smiley it is easily to exchange fiat to bitcoin and bitcoin to fiat .
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:10:28 PM

There are automated teller machines for crypto currencies in some parts of the world. Now these machines are obviously owned by banks. So banks can be affiliated with Bitcoin through these machines but not necessarily save our coins for us. Because if banks would get into storing our coins for us, the risk of breaking anonymity may be at hand. Now this wouldn't be good...

Kelvinid

Activity: 2786
Merit: 343

when lambo...

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:24:54 PM

There are automated teller machines for crypto currencies in some parts of the world. Now these machines are obviously owned by banks. So banks can be affiliated with Bitcoin through these machines but not necessarily save our coins for us. Because if banks would get into storing our coins for us, the risk of breaking anonymity may be at hand. Now this wouldn't be good...
I agree.I think having this idea would only break our silence in earning as much bitcoins as we want.We would only be monitored by the banks and maybe next in that is we will be already obliged to pay taxes from the government.I'm already contented with my own wallet so i don't need any bank to save my earned bitcoins.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
bakunawaaa

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:50:43 PM

Possible but would be very difficult I think. A normal bank as in retail earns profit from giving loans and collecting interest payments. I think with ethereums smart contracts they can do this with the crypto currencies. It would also be easier to operate, the only problem is default on loans. Not sure how they would incorporate having collaterals in a bitcoin bank.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

I don't think we need a Bank to keep our Bitcoin Smiley). We only send our money to bank because we want to be received the interest from bank every month or maybe year. But with Bitcoin the value of the same amount of Bitcoin change everyday because price of Bitcoin is changing everyday. Maybe value of our amount of Bitcoin can be doubled in just a day. Beside I think we can keep our Bitcoin safe without sending it to bank, we just need to use coldstorage wallet, the most secure Bitcoin wallet at the moment, to keep our Bitcoin safe, nobody can steal our Bitcoin when we don't connect the USB to our computer Smiley)

Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:54:46 PM

Banks are very dependent on state rules, as long as there is no state rule about bitcoin then banks will not dare to take risks by receiving bitcoin, this is the obstacle until now why no banks accept bitcoin.
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:03:28 PM

I think there will never being a bank for Bitcoin only Smiley). If Bitcoin can make bank better so the state bank of a lot of countries all over the world wouldn't find the way to ban Bitcoin in their country. Bitcoin will make bank disappear soon if it'll be legalized in any country cause nobody will wanna keep their money in bank anymore because invest in Bitcoin will bring better profit for them everyday not everymonth or year like bank interest.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:25:56 PM

I agree.I think having this idea would only break our silence in earning as much bitcoins as we want.We would only be monitored by the banks and maybe next in that is we will be already obliged to pay taxes from the government.I'm already contented with my own wallet so i don't need any bank to save my earned bitcoins.
The thing on here is that why we would need bitcoin banks since we can already make our own banks thru our wallet.I don't even think that theres a bitcoiner would plan to use those banks.For what purpose? Security? Storing our bitcoin and keeping the keys is already enough which service from a bank isn't really needed at all.In terms of interest its much better to keep your bitcoin in your own hands rather than entrusting it into a Bitcoin bank.They would just sip out tax from your earnings for sure.

ripti

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:32:49 PM

In my opinion, the cost of Bitcoin so much as a bank cannot be as long as its value is not stable. People keep their accumulated money in the bank for the security of its money. Since Bitcoin's price is not stable. So if it is a bank, its value will be stable.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:00:12 PM

It more possible to expect Visa and mastercard to accept bitcoin as a payment method, the same for banks which are intrested on converting bitcoin to cash money with profit, not using exchange

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
ezbreezy08

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:33:02 PM

It more possible to expect Visa and mastercard to accept bitcoin as a payment method, the same for banks which are intrested on converting bitcoin to cash money with profit, not using exchange
right now i think they are adopting blockchain already but bitcoin as a payment method there are several banks that accept bitcoin already, wait for another year and so on. hope their are no fees or transaction fees that banks needed to it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: