Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] All aluminum open-air frame for ONDA D1800 motherboard (6 GPU)  (Read 912 times)
Spotswood (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 01:11:01 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 07:58:43 PM by Spotswood

This all aluminum open-air frame for the ONDA D1800 motherboard (6 GPU) is $70 USD, plus shipping from Washington state, US.

PayPal only.

The optional fan support beam is +$18 or two for +$30 (includes all required fasteners for 25mm thick fans).

Lead time is currently 5 business days.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:41:25 AM

Would I be able to add ears to fit this case onto a rack?

Im not sure if its possible with the dimensions of your material, but if it can be done.... Ill be interested.... or else im just going to gut an AT era case and fit my board into that =)

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:59:25 AM

Im not sure if its possible with the dimensions of your material, but if it can be done.... Ill be interested.... or else im just going to gut an AT era case and fit my board into that =)
If the PSU is mounted behind/front of the GPUs, then yes, it would fit in a rack.  But, then you would want a fully enclosed case?

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:54:09 PM

If the PSU is mounted behind/front of the GPUs, then yes, it would fit in a rack.  But, then you would want a fully enclosed case?

I am outfitting 26x36" rack mount shipping cases with miners.... for portability...   Ill be putting the major air moving fan on the case door itself; and the opposite side of the case will have a washable filter installed... so mounting them in the case like that would be most ideal.  I have a LOT of depth in the case, so mounting the PSU behind the MG/GPU's wouldn't be a bad thing.  I probably wont be adding any extra paneling to the frame... the frame just makes it easy to secure to the shipping case if I add ears =)

I want it to be relatively weatherproof, rugged, etc....

I have some serious plans for these things....   You have to be mobile and compact to use the [almost] free power scenario I am using....  I pay per foot at locations and get an included 20-30A 220V line.....   Keeping the unti all packed away in cases, makes heat management easy to do, makes them mobile, and also helps you mediate the noise a mining operation produces, as I want to attract as little attention as possible.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:24:05 PM

I am outfitting 26x36" rack mount shipping cases with miners.... for portability...   Ill be putting the major air moving fan on the case door itself; and the opposite side of the case will have a washable filter installed... so mounting them in the case like that would be most ideal.  I have a LOT of depth in the case, so mounting the PSU behind the MG/GPU's wouldn't be a bad thing.  I probably wont be adding any extra paneling to the frame... the frame just makes it easy to secure to the shipping case if I add ears =)

I have some serious plans for these things....   You have to be mobile and compact to use the [almost] free power scenario I am using....  I pay per foot at locations and get an included 20-30A 220V line.....   Keeping the unti all packed away in cases, makes heat management easy to do, makes them mobile, and also helps you mediate the noise a mining operation produces, as I want to attract as little attention as possible.
Brilliant idea. I've had thoughts of this type of plan as well. I wish you luck.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:18:31 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 02:44:57 AM by Spotswood

If the PSU is mounted behind/front of the GPUs, then yes, it would fit in a rack.  But, then you would want a fully enclosed case?

I am outfitting 26x36" rack mount shipping cases with miners.... for portability...   Ill be putting the major air moving fan on the case door itself; and the opposite side of the case will have a washable filter installed... so mounting them in the case like that would be most ideal.  I have a LOT of depth in the case, so mounting the PSU behind the MG/GPU's wouldn't be a bad thing.  I probably wont be adding any extra paneling to the frame... the frame just makes it easy to secure to the shipping case if I add ears =)

I have some serious plans for these things....   You have to be mobile and compact to use the [almost] free power scenario I am using....  I pay per foot at locations and get an included 20-30A 220V line.....   Keeping the unti all packed away in cases, makes heat management easy to do, makes them mobile, and also helps you mediate the noise a mining operation produces, as I want to attract as little attention as possible.
Understood.

Yeah, I've built frames for server racks before.  This one is more than you need, but is a good example:

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 03:02:50 AM

If the PSU is mounted behind/front of the GPUs, then yes, it would fit in a rack.  But, then you would want a fully enclosed case?

I am outfitting 26x36" rack mount shipping cases with miners.... for portability...   Ill be putting the major air moving fan on the case door itself; and the opposite side of the case will have a washable filter installed... so mounting them in the case like that would be most ideal.  I have a LOT of depth in the case, so mounting the PSU behind the MG/GPU's wouldn't be a bad thing.  I probably wont be adding any extra paneling to the frame... the frame just makes it easy to secure to the shipping case if I add ears =)

I have some serious plans for these things....   You have to be mobile and compact to use the [almost] free power scenario I am using....  I pay per foot at locations and get an included 20-30A 220V line.....   Keeping the unti all packed away in cases, makes heat management easy to do, makes them mobile, and also helps you mediate the noise a mining operation produces, as I want to attract as little attention as possible.
Understood.

Yeah, I've built frames for server racks before.  This one is more than you need, but is a good example:

Yes.....

Depending on what board I ordered from phil (I just asked him to send me a board and sent him some BTC....), Ill pass on the info/measurements (if you need them) so I can get myself a rack mount case made....

I have a 4U height space free in my cabinet I plan to keep at home... so ill probably want to get the 8+ GPU monster into that space instead of the 4-6 card machine I was planning.

In my instance, I have some Coolmax 1600W power supplies, which are behemoths....  ~12" deep... so I may be needing an extra long case.... but again, Ill give more 411 on it when I get the board in hand so I can get some overall dimensions for you.

I know I could build these myself;  but Id like to support the community Wink  Plus, 99% of what I buy from this site originate from GPU's that are 2x or more ROI already, and my signature payouts Wink

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:40:01 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 04:37:14 PM by Spotswood

15% off!! (Now through Nov. 27th. Limit 4x).

Daaaveee

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:05:23 AM

Hey Spotswood, do you know how much one would be shipped to the UK? Thanks!
East113

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:29:02 PM

Are these still available? Will be a couple weeks before I look at needing it, still waiting on the board to arrive and want to make sure it works fine before getting all the goodies for it.
Spotswood (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 07:59:54 PM

Are these still available? Will be a couple weeks before I look at needing it, still waiting on the board to arrive and want to make sure it works fine before getting all the goodies for it.
Yes.  Cool

East113

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:02:51 PM

Yes.  Cool

Awesome, I'll hit you up when I'm ready then.
theduckling

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:28:08 AM

What temps are you getting with 6 cards on the board in these cases?

I just got two of these boards but I cant use them, the temperatures just get hotter and hotter until it restarts which occurs faster and faster.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:59:34 AM

Sent PM.

Thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: