Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help to start mining  (Read 336 times)
AngelMeso (OP)

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:35:03 PM

Hi Guys, I'm new and would like to start mining with my laptop, I know some cryptocurrencies allow that but I can't understand how to do it and I have not found any course on mining altcoins, all I have found is about mining bitcoins, any help will be greatly appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
internetfloozy

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:41:56 PM

When i started I just grabbed the software from minergate, picked a coin and let it roll. Your not going to make much though just running off your laptop but aeon and monero would eventually add up over a long period of time. DigitalNote and Bytecoin are the cheapest options but you will start to see some value in a few days. The site also has a good calculator too so once you know your hash rate you can use that to determine what is best for your hardware.
Johny101010

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:03:04 PM

The same way as it is possible to have sex with a chicken, but you shouldn't- it is also possible to mine with a laptop but you shouldn't.
The reasons are:
You will not make any significant money, maybe $5-10 a month , MAYBE!!!
You WILL destroy your laptop. The most important thing for a miner is cooling. A laptop crams as much as possible in a tiny space. Cooling is very hard to do.

cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:54:32 AM

The same way as it is possible to have sex with a chicken, but you shouldn't- it is also possible to mine with a laptop but you shouldn't.
The reasons are:
You will not make any significant money, maybe $5-10 a month , MAYBE!!!
You WILL destroy your laptop. The most important thing for a miner is cooling. A laptop crams as much as possible in a tiny space. Cooling is very hard to do.

Not to mention putting that much load on your laptop for extended periods of time will absolutely wreck the battery. If the laptop has a replaceable battery and/or is an old junker, I'd say go for it.

That said, if you use your laptop for any purpose (work, school) I would advise against it.

That being said, I first got into mining myself by mining off my laptop which led me down the path of setting up my first mining rig, the rest is history  Tongue

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:05:45 AM

If you have a laptop that has the necessary hardware to achieve a reasonable hashrate, and this is a laptop you do not care about damaging, then I would suggest selling the laptop and purchasing coins. The only way you could reasonably expect to profit significantly from this is if the coin you mine with your laptop increases in value by some large proportion. If you truly expect such to be the case, just purchase coins directly, rather than gradually destroying your laptop.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:40:09 PM

Hm, the laptop is the last choice to start mining. You should obtain hardware for it. Remember also that to mining for different alts requires different hardware.
Here is the place where you can find some needed stuff http://www.ropesta.com/
AngelMeso (OP)

Activity: 398

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 04:12:45 AM

Thanks for your answers guys, very helpful, appreciate
jeswin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:18:14 AM

Better not to use your laptop for mining, you can't make any good profit from it.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:45:16 AM

If you are minning any cryotocurrencies it is better to get a dedicated rig rather that using a laptop because as one of the members post here it will destroy your laptop and it is not worth it to mine with it.

But there are also some considerations in minning:
1. How much can you spend on a dedicated rig?
2. How much is the electricity in your area?(As a minning rig will be power hungry)
3. Are you patient enough because getting your invesment back from you minning rig will take months from minning depending on what you mine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: