Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:35:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need more BTC forks?  (Read 878 times)
otol55

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:39:00 PM

sometimes Hardfork greatly affects the market situation of cryptocurrency.
Hardfork provides benefits to Bitcoin holders. they hunt Bitcoin just to benefit from Bitcoin hardfork. so the price of Bitcoin will go up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pjhom

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:45:23 PM

We do not need more forks. When outsiders look at what happens it loses credibility.  I think these for the most part are money grabs.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:01:57 PM

I'm holding BTC for long time. I like forks) Easy money from nothing) just bonus for patient)
Forks are not free money, forks are stealing from the value of bitcoin and from the brand, don't you think it is funny that not a single one of the forks has excluded bitcoin from its name, because they know that without that no one will buy their useless coins.

Yes, everybody is thinking through forks we are getting free money but it is completely wrong and many people want to divert their money into other BTC clones. Even though they are from hard forks but trading in terms of BTC only.
I have not claimed my free tokens and that has been a good move since some of those tokens have gone up nicely, but I'm not going to buy them, why I should get bitcoin gold or bitcoin cash when I'm already holding the best coin you can hold in the form of bitcoin.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:01:28 PM

Judging from how much the owners of bitcoin cash made i suspect there will be a lot more bitcoin forks this year. Binance appears to be a good place to collect the forked coins, if you are brave enough to leave your coins on an exchange

jwrent34

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:37:53 PM

While the forks have gotten a bad name because of blockchain splitting and people getting free money we need to keep in mind that in open source development forks are natural. They usually occur when developers have a difference of ideas on where the project will go. Some good forks to consider are Libre office which forked from Openoffice and Nextcloud from owncloud. In both those cases the fork was the one adopted while the original was neglected. So tech wise, it might be good and we might get a bitcoin that is worth more tech wise. But we shall see

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tauceramica

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:55:37 PM

I'm holding BTC for long time. I like forks) Easy money from nothing) just bonus for patient)
Forks are not free money, forks are stealing from the value of bitcoin and from the brand, don't you think it is funny that not a single one of the forks has excluded bitcoin from its name, because they know that without that no one will buy their useless coins.

Yes, everybody is thinking through forks we are getting free money but it is completely wrong and many people want to divert their money into other BTC clones. Even though they are from hard forks but trading in terms of BTC only.
I have not claimed my free tokens and that has been a good move since some of those tokens have gone up nicely, but I'm not going to buy them, why I should get bitcoin gold or bitcoin cash when I'm already holding the best coin you can hold in the form of bitcoin.

It's free but they damage the ecosystem of bitcoin. We really don't need anymore bitcoin forks. They don't do anything after the fork happens, they get o the excahnges and get traded between people, pitty, that's all.
dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:35:28 PM

I think it depends on how important to make some changes from Bitcoin into another level like Segwit2x, their aim is to extend scalability like increasing the block size from 1mb into 4mb, increasing the transaction speed from 4 transactions a second into 16 per second and so on.
These kind of hard forks are necessary to accommodate users demands that's why hard forking Bitcoin's core sometimes is a must.

Higher Altitude

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:38:46 PM

We do not need more forks. When outsiders look at what happens it loses credibility.  I think these for the most part are money grabs.

Same thoughts. You don't see countries fork their currencies. That's called forgery.
Forking, forgery...all the same to some people.
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Same thoughts. You don't see countries fork their currencies. That's called forgery.
Forking, forgery...all the same to some people.
I do not have problems with forks as long as there is a real intention from the developers to create something new, forking software is very common in the free software community what I do not agree is that many of the forks are just attempts to make money.
EddyRobins

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:44:44 PM

Forks for the sake of forks are no good. However forks that end up offering a real improvement can't be all bad.
Having said that I would like to see fewer forks and more improvements to the original bitcoin!
twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:15:21 PM

Forks for the sake of forks are no good. However forks that end up offering a real improvement can't be all bad.
Having said that I would like to see fewer forks and more improvements to the original bitcoin!
Only the bitcoin cash that offers segwit to the bitcoin blockchain and another forks after that just suck. How segwit 2x with new unknown developer are trying to cheating us with pre mined 6 million coin. But what the hell was happened with these forks shitcoin.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:18:32 PM

we need only 1 bitcoin and other only altcoins not forks.

if we need forks max will support only one "bitcoin cash".

Yes its true. I am confusing with the developer of bitcoin, why so many fork are applied?
I dont think it gives positive impact to bitcoin itself. More people think that this is like scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: