Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:05:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining pools with 0% and profitability  (Read 378 times)
m.vina (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:52:21 AM

Just started mining recently and I was just wondering, how do mining pools with 0% fee earn money?
I mean they must have an overhead for operating expenses (server hosting, domain, etc.). Do they do it as a service without payment or do they have some way to kick back?

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:58:27 AM

I don't think how they earn but i think developers made those mining pool to support coin since they are selling it from the start.. Unlike in bitcoin that some mining pools are asking for fee like BTCC pool they had 2% pool fee.. Check this comparison https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

There are  some pools are asking for fee unlike other pool..
m.vina (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:44:02 AM

I don't think how they earn but i think developers made those mining pool to support coin since they are selling it from the start.. Unlike in bitcoin that some mining pools are asking for fee like BTCC pool they had 2% pool fee.. Check this comparison https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

There are  some pools are asking for fee unlike other pool..

Thanks for the quick response. But you mean to say that the pools with 0% fee are doing it for free? All just to support the coin?
If so, that dedication seems unreal don't you think.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:48:39 AM

I've mined on a pool with 0 per cent pool fees, and noticed I was actually getting LESS coins than on a 1 per cent pool fee (suprnova in my case).

It might have just been variation or luck, even though this was spaced out over a few days, but perhaps there are unscrupulous pools that are taking just a touch off the top without you realising it, until you switch to another pool or get a proper estimate from whattomine.

If you have a particular pool in mind you could try mining for a couple days on that pool, then try on a larger fee based pool and see if there is any major difference.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:14:01 AM

if someone decided to run a pool, then he have to understand that  it cost money to keep it running.
for electricity, for support and so on. it is not possible to have 0% fee. if someone makes such low fee that means he is cheating, imho
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:03:55 AM

try check this accelerator.network
you can mining ETH and BTG pay use ACC tokens
but you must calculate that
I has try 5 times profit 0.005 ETH / 24 hours
but not guarante will make profit when ACC token price raise and for buy teraflop raise that can be loss

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
jkumarw

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:09:49 AM

0% fee pools accept donations. They probably might have their own miners mining in those pools. Otherwise no point in running the pool at loss unless its the dev running the pool for his own coin.
m.vina (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:18:25 AM

0% fee pools accept donations. They probably might have their own miners mining in those pools. Otherwise no point in running the pool at loss unless its the dev running the pool for his own coin.

I see. Accepting donations indeed would be another acceptable option.

I wonder if we can get people who run mining pools to contribute to this discussion. Is profitable to run a mining pool?
I'm imagining if i'm a web developer it would be easy to configure and host a server, right?

jkumarw

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:30:05 AM

I see. Accepting donations indeed would be another acceptable option.

I wonder if we can get people who run mining pools to contribute to this discussion. Is profitable to run a mining pool?
I'm imagining if i'm a web developer it would be easy to configure and host a server, right?
Easier said than done. I'm not a pool owner but I understand that there are more to it than just configuring the pool apart from the hosting ofcourse. One wrong move and your reputation will take a big hit.
botmanside

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:40:09 AM

if someone decided to run a pool, then he have to understand that  it cost money to keep it running.
for electricity, for support and so on. it is not possible to have 0% fee. if someone makes such low fee that means he is cheating, imho

or maybe he's just doing promo to gain miners, then set normal fee

RTFF && RTFM...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: