Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's progress is due to these volunteers  (Read 112 times)
HasHe (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:03:11 AM

I just read an article in which it was stated that once a bitcoin core developer was asked that if he voluntarily works to help the bitcoin network,then who pays him for that and he just answered that

"Bitcoin pays me, so I pay it back to Bitcoin with my time and effort.”

I think that it is due to these volunteers and not the speculating investors that bitcoin has reached such a tremendous progress today.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:29:07 AM

I just read an article in which it was stated that once a bitcoin core developer was asked that if he voluntarily works to help the bitcoin network,then who pays him for that and he just answered that

I think that it is due to these volunteers and not the speculating investors that bitcoin has reached such a tremendous progress today.

Maybe your prediction is right. It is good to have volunteers to help Bitcoin network. But it has a big impact to the investors in bitcoin for helping the bitcoin network to increase.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:38:45 AM

This is actually the backbone of the bitcoin network and that is something we should be thankful of for this people that works tirelessley and ceaselessly to develop the coins and the currency we are utilizing. The effects of bitcoin have been spreading far and wife and with every new coin that they make they ensure the sustainability and the longevity of the cryptocurrency we call our own

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:44:29 AM

I just read an article in which it was stated that once a bitcoin core developer was asked that if he voluntarily works to help the bitcoin network,then who pays him for that and he just answered that "Bitcoin pays me, so I pay it back to Bitcoin with my time and effort.” I think that it is due to these volunteers and not the speculating investors that bitcoin has reached such a tremendous progress today.

I agree. We owe a lot to these volunteers. However, in my own opinion, this is actually a weakness of the whole Bitcoin network...though I also believe in volunteerism getting paid for your contribution is very fair and should have been done to those working with and for Bitcoin. There should be a way to compensate these people so that there would be more like the, doing the job making the progress of Bitcoin much faster. Now, don't get me wrong, volunteerism is good but it has limitations since we all have to eat and we have to plan for our future too. I am suggesting that a certain percentage of miners' income should go to these people.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:53:43 AM

well they are employed by Blockstream and are getting paid in fiat to do what they are doing. most of them are anyways so it is not so volunteer-y as you think. but yeah that is how an open source project should work. people who understand the code or even those who don't but use it, contribute in any way they can be it reviewing the code, adding/removing/improving it, or testing and reporting bugs. and it is not just the developers that are involved. you can see the contributions on github for example.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

When Bitcoin was created it practically did not carry any economic value. People have taken interest in this innovative technology. For years people have been mining the Bitcoins and have supported the network only because of curiosity and interest in new technologies. Now this time has passed.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:07:50 AM

very agree with this statement. because I think bitcoin holders play an important role in this. if we participate in the development of bitcoin and bitcoin to achieve success I think the payment for us has been done by bitcoin with the increase in price.
Cryptalking

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Riding Whales to the Moon!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:22:34 AM

If Bitcoin pays you because you are trading in it and it pays off you can always give something back right?  Cool

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:24:47 AM

Yes, we are owe a lot to the those amazing devs for their tremendous efforts.
If you are here for the believe of this technology, and you have skills please do helps them, or at least by keep HODL-ing your BTC bag. That's the least contribution that you (and I) that can be contributed to this revolution moves.
BTW, does anybody know which exchange will implement LN except coinbase in several weeks? I think this is a good progress.
ayeba

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:12:00 PM

There is no speculations about bitcoin and is authentically real.  I agree with volunteerism and is a privilege to the bitcoin society at large to have volunteers. The volunteers are the reason why bitcoin is exploring today and it real needs a huge pay of compensation to these volunteers cause without them not is being promoted. The life is two way thing, volunteer or forced, nobody forces you to be rich or get paid & the volunteers are the once who get paid for there active life. Like they say, you need to be paid in life and everyone is a volunteer. Bitcoin pays, i will say bitcoin today is about the volunteers cause of there efforts not the speculating investors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: