Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin has more than 21m supply  (Read 700 times)
KeenHero (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:08:05 PM

With every fork bitcoin supply is increasing so does the bitcoin bubble i mean everyone by now must be know that bitcoin is a bubble. why? every fork is zero to value! bubble!
but in my opinion bitcoin will be bitcoin forks dont matter they just increasing the coins!

every forkable coin will fail in the future.

just my 2 cents

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:11:37 PM

I agree with you that these forks will ultimately fail because they are rooted in a place of greed but however I disagree with your title. Bitcoin will only have 21 million coins ever this is known, just because there are a lot of

forks upon it does not increase the supply to 63 million currently with more incoming. The total amount of bitcoin will always remain 21 million, this is not subject to change ever.

TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:13:17 PM

Bitcoin has bigger problems than the fork situations.

Positivebetting
KeenHero (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:14:24 PM

Bitcoin has bigger problems than the fork situations.

i know that also it does not scale, userbility is 0! ect
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:18:31 PM

The forks don't increase the supply of Bitcoin (core).
After a fork a there will be a new altcoin with a snapshot of the fork's release time.
This doesn't impact the Bitcoin blockchain in any way.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:08:33 PM

With every fork bitcoin supply is increasing
No.  The supply stays the same.  A fork is introducing a new client and new coin.

An accurate way to phrase the limit is that the current main chain will never have more than 21 million coins.  While a new fork may become the main chain, anyone who wishes to preserve the 21 million limit can continue using the chain with the previous (and arguably correct) supply.
userbility is 0
Usability is about 5tps in good conditions (with a large number of people using SegWit transactions).
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:12:39 PM

With every fork bitcoin supply is increasing so does the bitcoin bubble i mean everyone by now must be know that bitcoin is a bubble. why? every fork is zero to value! bubble!
but in my opinion bitcoin will be bitcoin forks dont matter they just increasing the coins!

just my 2 cents
Better to read up on what is fork so that you would able to know whats really the meaning of it.  Grin Just to tell any forks doesnt really affect bitcoins total supply of 21 Million coins. Its just a new chain a new coin been created.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:04:25 PM

just my 2 cents
This argument has been made many times and that is not correct, it is like saying that there are many more iphone just because there are pirate copies out there, the forks are nothing more than copies of bitcoin, but they are not bitcoin, there are only going to be 21 million bitcoins, if some other coin wants to print more than that is on them.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:04:38 PM

just my 2 cents

A fork does not increase bitcoin's money supply. It merely is a gift to existing Bitcoin holders. There is a big difference between the two.
Bitcoin (in whatever surviving form) will continue to have a cap on total supply - 21 Million. Nothing can change that.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

it's true because most of the time, dirty coin coin usually in the long run or future is rarely or not in the same equally develofer equally great coin coin always treated to always walk face the future and will always give profit to the investor.
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:39:19 PM

just my 2 cents

Forked coins are not bitcoins. There will be max 21 million coins. In usage even less because there are many lost coins.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:43:19 PM

of course that those altcoins who came from forks are not real bitcoins, and this is why bitcoin only has only 21 million bitcoins who makes the total supply, and only 16 millions and a half have only been mined until today.
So it will take less than 100 years to reach that total supply, we are not even going to be alive to see it happening, if bitcoin would be still alive too..
There is no need to worry about, and those forked coins, are not even going to be a live for the next months, they are a fail, bitcoin cash was the only good one of them.

Hello
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:45:47 PM

LOL HAHAHAHAHA

There is only ONE, real BITCOIN. And its actual real supply max is far below 21m coins. LOL. please educate yourself.

Altcoins = Scamcoins = forks = failures
"Bitcoin Classic" failure
"Bitcoin XT" failure
"Bitcoin Unlimited" failure
"Bitcoin Cash" failure
"Bitcoin Segwit2x" (BTC1) failure

A non-decentralized "Blockchain" is a private database....Private databases has virtually no value!

BLOCKCHAIN without bitcoin = SCAMCHAINS, useless unsecure private databases
BLOCKCHAINS without bitcoin ARE SIMPLY PRIVATE DATABASES that every small business has even a coffee shop = NO VALUE, its like fiat currency, small minimal value!

BITCOIN BLOCKHAIN = SECURE IMMUTABLE VALUABLE OPEN-SOURCE DECENTRALIZED FAIR (scarce bitcoin supply). Globally people poured over $80Billion (USD) equivelent value into bitcoin and this will increase with time.

- XT
- Classic
- Unlimited
- S2X

Who next?

Honestly, it's a bit disappointing that none of these actually got to the point of a miner-backed attack, since they would've lost, and that would've once-and-for-all put an end to the "miners control Bitcoin" narrative. Oh well.

A lot of companies showed their true colors here. Some stuck their necks out in the right direction and deserve recognition. And some were clearly working against Bitcoin, to varying degrees. We should make a comprehensive list at some point.

To everyone who helped fight against S2X in any way: thank you for defending Bitcoin! While I have little doubt that these companies will try something again, I think that the community is progressively getting "immunized" to these attacks, and the attackers need more and more resources to put up the same fight. Hopefully this one will be the last really dangerous one for a while. We must always remain vigilant, however.

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

just my 2 cents

Are you serious about this?  I think you should know first that aside from Bitcoin there is a thing called altcoin and altcoin is far different than Bitcoin.  They have different blockchain and different network.  Aside from that, they have different ticker and set of community too.  Bitcoin as we know it have a fixed amount of total coins unless the dev decided to modify its code and add more coins to it.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:00:54 PM

What do you mean by saying that bitcoin has more than 21 million? It is impossible, just look at coinmarketcap, it has only 21m of total supply and less than 17 millions in circulation at the moment, and there are a few bitcoins mined everyday. The forks are not expanding the max supply, they are just new coins, they have different supply, and they dont affect the price of bitcoin or vice versa.
It is all a different thing, i dont know why you are worried about this, because bitcoin will always have only 21m.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:50:00 AM

Noobie saying noobish things. Bitcoin supply is not increasing.
When fork happens in some blockchain, we have all history of original blockchain, but the new coin isn't the same, is a new alt coin.
You can create a totally new alt coin from zero or you can just copy the current blockchain history(fork) and create a new coin.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:51:44 AM

just my 2 cents

The forks do not increase supply of bitcoin, they just create an altogether new coin with its own supply. I would say I agree for the most part that all of the forked coins are worthless, with the exception of bitcoin cash, as recent events have shown there is a strong demand for it and a real place alongside bitcoin, for now at least.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:11:14 AM

LOL BITCOIN has a fixed supply. "21,000,000 BTC", Forks dont increase bitcoin supply, what they do is making new coins with it. Please try to learn and increase your knowledge about bitcoins before posting.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:06:25 AM

Forked coins do not count towards Bitcoin's supply. They're part of a new chain and are no longer Bitcoins, just altcoins with Bitcoin's name appended somewhere. There is only one Bitcoin, and its supply is limited to 21 million. It's alarming to me how some people think forked Bitcoins count toward the supply. It goes to show that not everyone who has invested has basic understanding of it. Forks have no direct effect on the coin they forked from.

Not every forkable coin will fail, but most forked coins will.

dvabit

Activity: 294
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:08:43 AM

It's all due to forks.. Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: