Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble with electrum wallet transaction  (Read 303 times)
supernewguy9 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:16:14 AM

Hi there,
Seeking some help with my electrum wallet...
I have an electrum wallet and I recently sent about  32 mBTC there from Bitstamp. A friend recommended that I use a program called Exodus as my wallet instead because it has a built-in exchange to it as well. This past weekend, I sent 100 of bitcoin from my electrum wallet to my Exodus wallet during the Bitcoin Cash pump and dump. My goal was to exchange my bitcoin into bitcoin cash while bitcoin fell and BCH rose. I guess I set the fee too low because it still is pending 5 days later.
So today I went and raised the fee to get it processed faster. I'm hoping this will work.
My main problem is actually that when I open electrum, it shows my balance of 32.544 mBTC [-21.12944 unconfirmed]. In my history it shows the transaction as well  -21.12944 mBTC. But when I open up exodus and look at my bitcoin balance, it shows only +15.95794 pending. Am I missing something here? The pending part bothers me but what bothers me more is that what I sent does not match up with what I am receiving. Are there really that much in fees? I'm just so confused as to where that extra bitcoin is going, and why it is taking so long to process the transactions.
I've looked for answers but I can't find any so i'm hoping someone on here can help me out.

When I right click the transaction and view it in block explorer, this is what comes up: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/4b7de27e69d7df9bf82c6a9746793294f10553aefe794a8b8177670b98ff212c

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:02:15 AM

Your first tx fee was very low indeed. Now (the doublespend tx) has a better fee ( still not much but should be eventualy confirmed). Thing is the blockchain is pretty full again (60k uncofirmed tx is a lot) thats why it take so long.

As of the funds. Your tx has 3 outputs ( 0.005 BTC, 0.01138517 BTC and 0.01595794 BTC).
Is obvious the 3rd one is the tx to Exodus. I guess the 2nd one is your change. But can't tell what is the 1st one (0.005 BTC sent to: 1B2EqXr819BDGpoL58gziReUHtVBcrrXsY )

Are you sure you didn't used "pay to many function"? Is the above addy yours?

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:59:28 PM

Wow I didn't even realize that... That address is neither my electrum address or exodus address....
I didn't know there was a "pay to many" function. Is that in electrum? I guess that its possible that I did that on accident... But I don't know where that address (1B2EqXr819BDGpoL58gziReUHtVBcrrXsY) came from. Maybe it has something to do with the other signers?

When I went into electrum and increased the fee rate (because it was originally way too low) I was under the impression that it would "re-do" the entire transaction.This doesn't seem to be the case... It sent it as an entirely different transaction but with the exact same amount (15.95794). Now the transaction that I updated the fee on got approved and is now in my exodus wallet. The other one is still pending... But when I open my electrum wallet, there is nothing in there. If it is still pending wouldn't it show that in my electrum wallet as well? Will my first tx with the super low fee EVER get approved? I'm super new to this and I didn't really understand how low the fee was at the time of the tx.
Bitfort

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:22:15 PM

Wow I didn't even realize that... That address is neither my electrum address or exodus address....
I didn't know there was a "pay to many" function. Is that in electrum? I guess that its possible that I did that on accident... But I don't know where that address (1B2EqXr819BDGpoL58gziReUHtVBcrrXsY) came from. Maybe it has something to do with the other signers?

When I went into electrum and increased the fee rate (because it was originally way too low) I was under the impression that it would "re-do" the entire transaction.This doesn't seem to be the case... It sent it as an entirely different transaction but with the exact same amount (15.95794). Now the transaction that I updated the fee on got approved and is now in my exodus wallet. The other one is still pending... But when I open my electrum wallet, there is nothing in there. If it is still pending wouldn't it show that in my electrum wallet as well? Will my first tx with the super low fee EVER get approved? I'm super new to this and I didn't really understand how low the fee was at the time of the tx.

What you mean by other signers? This is valid only when you use multisignature wallet.
Yes, electrum has feature to send funds to multiple addresses (in single trasaction) ... but you have to activate it (tools/pay to many).

Yeah, this is normal procedure. You can't just "draw back" published transactions (nodes have them already in their mempools).
You need to create a doublespend (sort of override the previous one) ... this is what exactly happened. So nothing went wrong.
The other transaction (the first one) will never get confirmed (it's inputs were already spent ... by the second one).

About the additional address I cant tell where it comes from as well. Could be some malicious software on your device ( but I haven't seen any similar issue before ).

This is why I always do doublecheck before confirming transaction (click preview and check the address, amounts ... )

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:47:49 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 12:16:24 AM by supernewguy9

I set up multisignature wallet with electrum so that when is sent a transaction, I signed it as well as 2 other parties. Other than that i do not know.

My electrum wallet shows no history of transaction and currently is sitting at 0.000 bitcoin!! What happened here? If only the second transaction got approved, where did my other 16 or so mBTC go??? How did it just disappear into thin air? I'm sorry if these seem like dumb questions but I'm just so new at this and having this kind of trouble makes me not even want to get involved anymore.
 I had around $240 in bitcoin in my electrum wallet. I sent about $120 to my exodus wallet. Where did my other bitcoin go? Is it lost?

Edit:
When I click the transaction ID of the TX that did go through on my exodus wallet, this link comes up: https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/4b7de27e69d7df9bf82c6a9746793294f10553aefe794a8b8177670b98ff212c/

The address on the left ( 3GmVuxzyQ9BbVswpawJRJbFgpPLEnBp2dS) is my electrum wallet Address. The bottom address on the right (1BfzXGhCsswTCXUVwBAqh4mabTcZHKTBPT) is my exodus wallet address. I have no idea what the other 2 addresses are or where they came from. Why is it saying "Value Transacted : 0.03234311 BTC" when the transaction I made and requested and paid for was only "0.01595794 BTC"Huh that was the bitcoin i had sent to my exodus address. I did not make a transaction for all of my bitcoin. I did not make a transaction for "pay to many". Could this be some error on exodus's end?

I am using 2FA run by trusted coin. They charge a small amount for transactions.. could it be that they ended up with it somehow? 0.005 bitcoin is about $37 right now. That doesn't seem right.
I'm really frustrated if i have actually lost $120 plus dollars. this is ridiculous. I am 10000% sure that I only sent the amount of 0.01595794 BTC to my exodus wallet. I should have quite a bit left over in my electrum wallet.

I have a brand new mac computer. I am certain that there is absolutely no malicious software on it so lets rule that out for now.

I really appreciate you answering my questions Bitfort. I really don't know what to do here. Losing money is never fun. Especially when I am just trying to get involved in a currency I believe in so much.

Edit #2:

Okay so I looked into the transaction fees of trusted coin and i noticed the fee was set to "pay every 100 transactions 0.00005 BTC". But it also says that I have 398 prepaid transactions... So theres awhile before they even charge me for transactions. At first I thought that this fee lined up with the 0.005 BTC that was sent to an unknown address but it doesnt...
Bitfort

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:13:13 AM

Well, here I better stop advising you as I have no experience with multi-signature wallets. Frankly, you are not first one who struggles with ( it's not so easy to undestand the problematics thus not recommended for newbies ... it was  bad decision to go this way without proper investigation IMO).

Can tell only: Yes, your first tx is void. Like it never been issued.
But your second trasaction has very same outputs .. those 3 addresess. You had to make the same mistake twice ( by mistake I mean putting another receiving address )

Lets sum it:

This is your Nexus address https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1BfzXGhCsswTCXUVwBAqh4mabTcZHKTBPT
sucessfuly received 16 mBTCs. Correct?

This https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/39eHTs2GSfmQ4xCkbxroiP21WK8NR5RiGm
received 11 mBTCs and it (as per my opinion) should be your change address (excesive funds returned back to sending wallet) ... you should see this amount in you electrum now. If not then something went wrong (but can't tell what).

And this is unknown address https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1B2EqXr819BDGpoL58gziReUHtVBcrrXsY
received 5 mBTCs but you cant tell where the address come from.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:22:31 AM

No no, please do keep advising me, you are the only person i have found who will so far!

Yes, that first address that received 16 mBTCS is my nexus address, that is correct.

I was unaware that I had a "change address". Is my change address different than my regular address? If so, where can I see it?

yes, 11 mBTCS should be the change from my transaction as I did not send all of my BTC. If it should be back in my electrum wallet, it is definitely not.
  Currently, I still have 0 bitcoin in my wallet.

I do not know where that mBTCS was sent, nor did I sent any bitcoin to any other address other than my nexus (exodus) address.

Is there anything else I can do here? How in the world does 11 mBTC go missing when it should be my change, and how does 5 mBTC get sent to a random unknown address?

Like I said, I am completely certain that I only input one address when I made this transaction from electrum to exodus. When I made the original transaction with too low a fee, it still showed up in electrum and showed that I had a balance remaining that exactly matched up with what my change should now be. Now nothing is there and it shows no history. what in the fuck

Edit:

I found my change addresses in electrum. there are 6 of them but one of them is the address that the 11 mBTC was sent to. only problem is it has a balance of 0 and 0 transactions. Will it take time for it to return to me.. or?

Also, is there anything I can do to find out why and where I sent 5 mbTC to that unknown address? is there any change of getting that back? I'm sad cause I can't really afford to lose $40 like that...
Bitfort

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:26:43 AM

Uderstand your frustration. I have been in similar situation. Know how it feels. (luckily in my case it was  just minor error, easy to fix by rescanning the database ... unfortunately this will not work in your case ).

Again I have no exp. with multi sigs. So I better not give you hints.
I can only assume those two addresses can be part of the other wallets ( have you checked balances of the other wallets? )

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:34:18 AM

okay i understand you don't know about multi sig wallets. Lets just work with what we know.

I found that change address in my electrum wallet (39eHTs2GSfmQ4xCkbxroiP21WK8NR5RiGm)
This is my address in my electrum wallet.
When I pull it up in my electrum wallet, it says there is 0.0 BTC and 0 TX.

Yet when I right click and hit "view on block explorer" this comes up: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/39eHTs2GSfmQ4xCkbxroiP21WK8NR5RiGm

Will it just take time to confirm that for me?

Bitfort

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:39:55 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 01:03:00 AM by Bitfort

okay i understand you don't know about multi sig wallets. Lets just work with what we know.

I found that change address in my electrum wallet (39eHTs2GSfmQ4xCkbxroiP21WK8NR5RiGm)
This is my address in my electrum wallet.
When I pull it up in my electrum wallet, it says there is 0.0 BTC and 0 TX.

Yet when I right click and hit "view on block explorer" this comes up: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/39eHTs2GSfmQ4xCkbxroiP21WK8NR5RiGm

Will it just take time to confirm that for me?

This might be consequence of the double spend. Maybe you could try to close and reopen the wallet ..??
In addition there might be some minimal reqired confirmations (on electrum side ) to show you relevant balance (in case of doublespends). So maybe wait a bit longer ... I dunno.

EDIT: I recall some issues were solved by removing file "blockchain_headers"( is downloaded by electrum and not connected to your account so it's safe to remove it).
Im win user (file is in app data folder).  Find a guide where this file is located on macs.

EDIT2: BTW those 5 mBTC moved right now. So if it wasn't you then those BTCs are gone https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/fb1155e1db76b0ee39adafa534be8aae1b4075fa62864c00dde839f61aa51120  (there is lot of inputs so apparently it's the trusted coin fee )

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:15:30 AM

I will look into the blockchain_headers file, thank you for that. I also noticed that those 5 mBTCs had moved . They are definitely not mine because they aren't in any of my electrum addresses or exodus either. I can't imagine that trusted coin would charge me 5 mBTC as a fee... Especially when they advertise their fee to be 0.05 mBTC per/100 transactions... And I also have 398 prepaid transactions so I can't imagine why they would charge me at all let alone that ridiculous mount. 5 mBTC is too high of a fee. That can't be it.

When I look up the address this comes up: https://btc.com/1B2EqXr819BDGpoL58gziReUHtVBcrrXsY
Showing that my transaction was the first that it had received...

Another question that you may be able to answer: Why isn't this transaction showing up in my electrum wallet? It shows absolutely nothing at the moment.
supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:32:00 AM

What kind of bitcoin wallet do you personally use? After this ordeal, I never want to use electrum again. I'd like something simple but don't want to keep my bitcoins on an exchange.
Bitfort

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:06:35 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 02:18:21 AM by Bitfort

I will look into the blockchain_headers file, thank you for that. I also noticed that those 5 mBTCs had moved . They are definitely not mine because they aren't in any of my electrum addresses or exodus either. I can't imagine that trusted coin would charge me 5 mBTC as a fee... Especially when they advertise their fee to be 0.05 mBTC per/100 transactions... And I also have 398 prepaid transactions so I can't imagine why they would charge me at all let alone that ridiculous mount. 5 mBTC is too high of a fee. That can't be it.

When I look up the address this comes up: https://btc.com/1B2EqXr819BDGpoL58gziReUHtVBcrrXsY
Showing that my transaction was the first that it had received...

Another question that you may be able to answer: Why isn't this transaction showing up in my electrum wallet? It shows absolutely nothing at the moment.

I guess your electrum is out of sync now ... the header file removal will solve it.

I can't imagine such fees as well but don't know what else it could be. Plus the numbers quite fits.
Aren't you charged 0.05 mBTC for every transaction but paid at once after 100 transactions ... ( 100 x 0.05 = 5  Angry ) .. sounds absurd to me as well but I don't know what  trusted coin service is about.

I'm using electrum as well  Wink ..  on cellphone I have also mycelium and coinomi.
And of course HW wallet ( ledger).

EDIT: see I didn't answer yout change addy question:
Change address is usually generated completely new whenever you send tx ( in tools/preferences/transactions you can untick  use change addresses ( then the excesive BTCs will return to the sending one)

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

supernewguy9 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:15:10 AM

Oh wow... You're totally right man. it is 0.00005 BTC/tx... I had read it as per 100 transactions. Wow.
Okay so does that mean i have 100 transactions paid for right now?
https://imgur.com/a/OrVOG
this is what I see when I open the trusted coin tab. Says I have 398 prepaid transactions... Sooo why did i pay for all 100 when i essentially had 300 prepaid before and used 2 ( one for the first tx and another for the tx that overrid the first). And why did they charge me when it says "pay every 100 transactions". I'm nowhere near 100 transactions lol
Bitfort

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:22:40 AM

Oh wow... You're totally right man. it is 0.00005 BTC/tx... I had read it as per 100 transactions. Wow.
Okay so does that mean i have 100 transactions paid for right now?
https://imgur.com/a/OrVOG
this is what I see when I open the trusted coin tab. Says I have 398 prepaid transactions... Sooo why did i pay for all 100 when i essentially had 300 prepaid before and used 2 ( one for the first tx and another for the tx that overrid the first). And why did they charge me when it says "pay every 100 transactions". I'm nowhere near 100 transactions lol

Well, these are questions for their support  Wink

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: