Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:08:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stratum proxy that auto switches to maximize profit.  (Read 335 times)
Etherion (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:02:36 AM

Im looking for a stratum proxy that can auto switch pools based on profitability.

The idea is to run a miner and fine tune the OC for that algorithm but the stratum works is switches to the most profit coins or even nicehash if that is more profit.

I know one can get miner managers such as Awesome miner and Multipoolminer that switches the miner software but the restart of the program causes issues and if it switches a lot you have downtime.

Googling has not helped me yet so just like to know if there is one that im not finding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:11:33 AM

Whatever is the most profitable will be at its highest difficulty and by the time you get paid the price will have dropped.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:20:39 AM

There are a dozen proxy's on github,most don't work, but some do, the z's based on zcash-node proxy are fine, but they're hard to setup for somebody not an expert with node-js

Here's the deal, mining POOLS hate people who flip-flop, the better mining pools will not register your hash avg until 4-8 hours,so if your flipping every 15 minutes to the best pool or algo, ..then you never will make shit of a return

Right now EXP (ethash)  is top, mine that for awhile, probably in a few day zcash will be back on top ( equihash)

The only pool that pays out promptly is SUPRNOVA.CC

I also find pool.sexy is very good for the alt-coins, like music-coin stuff like that

I repeat auto-switching will send 1/2 your hash-power in the toilet,

Use your brain, I mean how do you even write an algo? I have many algo that ring bells, I have json scripts that tell me everything when My miner is running, but day-2-day most profitable COIN is dependent up on tons of variable, right now EXP is top cuz thy're up 50% today, so tomorow they will not be up top

The best coins to mine are the ones that payout the most with little variation, if you want to make money stay with best coin and maybe switch every two weeks, have a strategy

In theory you could go to "Github.com" and search proxy mining, but  u need to know what algo 'equihash proxy', 'ethash', most of the proxy's for 'stratum' are for the old BITCOIN days when people could mine bitcoin pre-asic, or cpu mining.

The newer proxys are in python the simple ones are OK for what U want, but the better ones are in NODE-JS and written for zcash clones, so u could in theory have it setup to jump around on the best paying z-cash clone, or within a selection of pools of which is best, but we already know which is best.

The other variable is difficulty, once it gets high, and nobody gets money everybody jumps, so you could follow difficulty with json or a list of coins, and predict where to be, but that doesn't work, cuz you can't predict the insane price moves, today EXP is up 50% cuz people are PISSED at ETEREUM, looking for a cheap ETH-ALT, who could have known, not an algo

It takes a human to follow http://whattomine.com/coins, and know how to read it, ...lots of variables to consider, then consider that http://whattomine.com/coins doesn't even cover ALL coins, they don't cover the new BTG

Proxy's don't MAX return they will lose you money if you are a jumper, mining pools hate jumpers

IMHO proxy is required for solo mining, and proxy is good if you have a dozen miners, but guess what I find that when I use 4 rigs through proxy its actually slower than having each rig use the miner, todays miners are VERY good they detach tasks for each and each is listening for work, and don't miss anything, so I have found that for all proxy's my GROSS hasher rate is actually lower when using proxys

If your running your own mining-pool OK, then u need a proxy

Say U go on vacation, you could just use http://whattomine.com/coins to feed the proxy the best target, and check every 12 hours, but that could net you less because frequently http://whattomine.com/coins posts nicehash, but they only pay 50% of what is posted.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:35:51 AM

Whatever is the most profitable will be at its highest difficulty and by the time you get paid the price will have dropped.

yep, but he's asking for an automatic robot that jumps his miners every few seconds to the most profitable pool, the mining pools have name for such miners, they call them /dev/null miners,

http://whattomine.com/coins

Yep, when reading this its best to spend a few days and actually have known what the real payouts are by experience, and know when http://whattomine.com/coins is giving good  info, its definitely not the best tool, but there isn't one as good Sad

I/we could write one, but there would be no point

It's a good starting place, more important is picking a mining-pool thats finding all the blocks, what good is it to pick a coin, and go to a pool with no miners?

All the pools have a API-JSON, even suprnova.cc they give you getuserbalance, and getuserstatus, with those two json python sets, you can compute some very interesting stuff,  what I have found is I can compute the actual payout on the next 2-4 hours using the statistics they provide, so when my miners are running I have stat proxy running that prints the current income for each miner, if the sols drop before a certain level a guitar chord set plays, if the income drop below a piano chord ( pitch varys ), the cord sets are the only thing that doesn't drive wife crazy I started out with bells & whistles, ... sound to mobile, laptop where ever I'm alerted normally for days I may see no music, the strategy is up time and some basic income,, I prefer over $10/day per mining rig, my power cost is $3/rig.

If a coin drops below target say all day u investigate, what has changed an why? Normally its best not to change, U pick a good coin stay with it,

Long ago I did ETH, but I hate ETHASH, and hated claymore's shitty software even more, I like open source, I want to know what's going on, same for EWBF on equihash, it always makes my boards hot, but doesn't get anymore sols/sec than ccminer ( recent version ), now I hate ETHEREUM, but I'm curious I think tomorrow I will test EXP and see how much money I really earn.

Rather than jumping between coins, or pools, I think it makes more sense to make sure your miners are all at 99% (generating sols/mhs), and make sure your income is where you expect, and when this fails investigate and correct.

Every few days look at http://whattomine.com/coins and see if there is any new coin on top, then investigate by putting a miner on that coin and see if its REAL, if its real and it pay's more than your CURRENT strategy ok, jump but 9 times out of ten I usualy fall back to prior is 3 day s:(

A proxy that tells your miner where/what to mine, is a lot like a trading bot that tells you what to buy/sell ( shit alt coin ), its fine to tell you, but if you let the bot run real, on real money, you will go broke quick.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:49:21 AM

but the restart of the program causes issues

Couldnt you tackle these issues? Never had one issue with Nemos...
Etherion (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:02:14 AM

I prefer mine a coin for 24h and fine tuning my setups. But with Nicehash PPS it is really a great backup to carry you through the times that a coins difficulty shoots up. I'm not looking for a switcher that jumps all over the place as it would be like the game Hit the mole.

So, in fact, it will look at the difficulty of that coin and when it becomes too hard to mine rather mine nicehash.

I have found a few stratum proxy switchers but they all seem to just work with a fall back once one pool goes down switches to the other.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: