Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vega 56/64 owners-report your Hashrate  (Read 3448 times)
universalresonance (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:55:03 PM

Hello,

I know most don't have it yet but if you do-

Could you post what are you getting? I have it on pre-order and fingers cross I get it but I'd like to see the performance.

I'm assuming lot of driver optimizations are needed before they would work as intended. Report and official specs do report a huge increase in RAW compute power and memory also.

Maybe we can keep this thread for hash rate comparisons?

TIA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:13:07 AM

i guess you might be get very disappointed  Tongue
hard to believe that software optimization could double or even triple the mining performance, since currently RX Vega 64 can only achieve ~35MH/s... Undecided

h00l1gan

Activity: 157

come to the dark side

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:14:59 AM

Hello,

Could you post what are you getting? I have it on pre-order and fingers cross I get it but I'd like to see the performance.

I'm assuming lot of driver optimizations are needed before they would work as intended. Report and official specs do report a huge increase in RAW compute power and memory also.

TIA
How much did you pay for the pre-order?
huynhdat1989

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:24:07 AM

Please tell me where to re-order it in the US?
dadesu

Activity: 378
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:45:13 AM

As I seen on forums very problematic side of vega is power consumption, even when is very stron undervolted.
And if you want to mine gpu coins look like will be very hard. And even for ethereum we will need some good core
cloks if they realy can do about 100m, but very hard to bleive in that...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:21:19 AM

My take on the Vega is it might be capable of ~40MH/s if we can mod the timings like we did for Polaris. Stock an RX Vega is currently rated at around 35-37MH/s according to the guy in the claymore thread doing benches (last page). This is not bad, but the power consumption is way too high for it to make real sense, especially since the price is pretty high. I think 2x 570/580 can do better for about the same price at the moment.

You will see driver optimizations, miner optimization etc., but as a lot of us suspected, Vega isn't the miner's dream everyone wanted it to be.

This is just my opinion, but I would cancel my pre-order if I had one if I were only to use this for mining.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:18:51 AM

My take on the Vega is it might be capable of ~40MH/s if we can mod the timings like we did for Polaris. Stock an RX Vega is currently rated at around 35-37MH/s according to the guy in the claymore thread doing benches (last page). This is not bad, but the power consumption is way too high for it to make real sense, especially since the price is pretty high. I think 2x 570/580 can do better for about the same price at the moment.

You will see driver optimizations, miner optimization etc., but as a lot of us suspected, Vega isn't the miner's dream everyone wanted it to be.

This is just my opinion, but I would cancel my pre-order if I had one if I were only to use this for mining.

It is disappointed result, as previous rumors said 70mh/s  Embarrassed

How about the power usage?

universalresonance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:11:41 PM

I see most are talking about ETH

How about other coins ?

I mean the RAW compute power and newer Memory is very good-yes-power hungry but since we are getting coins popping up-I assume there will be few things that can utilize it's full potential ?
universalresonance (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:12:25 PM

Hello,

TIA
How much did you pay for the pre-order?

$850 CAD
I had 1080ti on order which I cancelled for Vega 64- i hope I didn't make a wrong choice lol
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

70mh/s is a lie, 100mh/s is the biggest lie ever...
Vega is a failure since Lisa Su already stated very clearly that AMD does not believe in miners' interests and does not to sell to miners in the near future...
so...buy more Nvidia stock Grin

Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

You guys are about to get disappointed:

Vega 56:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Radeon_RX_Vega_56/34.html

Vega 64:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Radeon_RX_Vega_64/34.html

Bottom line:
It's better than Polaris, but it's a powerhog. GTX 1060/1070 still the best choice as their performance won't degrade soon like 4xx/5xx.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:04:42 PM

It certainly appears that Vega isn't the ground breaking hardware some thought it would be. It's looking like a good card for games/graphics but it's current power consumption relative to moderate hash boost isn't cost effective AT THIS TIME.

I expect over the coming months as miners and mods start to come out and be refined, combined with progressive price decreases as it ages it will become more attractive.

Still, right now, for the price you're better off pound for pound sticking with 1080tis or 480/580 for best price efficiency.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:33:03 AM

70mh/s is a lie, 100mh/s is the biggest lie ever...
Vega is a failure since Lisa Su already stated very clearly that AMD does not believe in miners' interests and does not to sell to miners in the near future...
so...buy more Nvidia stock Grin

You are right about AMD, but I don't think nvidia will believe in crypto world too. P106 result not so promising and what happen to P104 that planned to launch by Jul 2017?

oblione

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:42:27 AM

You might want to check this post out   https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/

With the registry edits and other tweaks a 56 can and is running @ 1800+ h/s @ 130w and a 64 @ 1900+ h/s @ 145w per card

I have both and can confirm im getting 7.5khs from 1 56 & 3 64's on monero / etn etc.

Not tried it on eth yet but have plans to test them although people are showing 41-44mh/s on eth using the same settings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: