Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Read This Before Joining Any Shit Token Air Drops  (Read 1600 times)
Fen1X

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:45:29 PM

I had no idea how to reveal a shit token.
Thanks for giving us some clues to look for!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SummerSTL

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:24:56 AM

I became aware that the scammer(s) behind this project are two young guys out of brighton, UK, named Dylan Kerler and Toby Willis. There was a user named Crypto Knight or something like that, that revealed this info to the Ethereum Cash group right after the big DUMP. And then Dylan came on to the telegram and admitted that yes, it was him who was behind the project. I am 99% certain he is behind all of these new ones too. The same MO and way of speaking.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:01:54 AM

Great message to the community.

Most of these airdrops are going to be nothing of value. Thus, the "free" airdrops. Otherwise, why would they give it to you for free? They're probably much better off holding a ICO of some sort instead of giving away the tokens for free.

And to invest in one of these tokens that have absolutely 0 value is just ridiculous. Please don't do it, unless it's actually proven to be actively developed on.

davey76

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:05:37 AM

This is a A+ topic! Don't fall for these shitcoins.
cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:29:59 AM

Avoid scam airdrops, too may of them now!

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
Randian Hero

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:43:47 PM

Thanks for your work. Now I can distinguish scams on my own. But I'm wondering why there are some campaigns which have only an airdrop?
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1217

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 09:26:54 AM

Thanks for your work. Now I can distinguish scams on my own. But I'm wondering why there are some campaigns which have only an airdrop?

There are many projects which have the idea that airdropping the coins will make them more popular than running an ICO. So people stock up on ethereum and get a bunch of tokens for the amount of ethereum in wallets multiplied by some factor. Some people even call the bounty distributions as airdrops, though this is not technically correct.

In any case if a project is having an airdropped coin, carefully check what the airdrop is for? Is it to make the coin look popular or is it simple distribution for some harvesting of emails/personal info - these two cases are shady and not very legitimate to me.

If the distribution is based on ether in the wallet multiplied by some factor - then its still legit but its difficult to determine if its going to be a shitcoin in future or not.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ansi (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:05:55 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 05:06:01 PM by ansi

Another Shit Token Added (I was aware of it been shit token, but i though he wasn't asshole enough & would make a Fair Air Drop, which didn't happen)
EtherGreen: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2408358.0
The Scam is trick is this way: delaying the air drop for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, literally daaaaaaaaaaaays so he can fuck it slowly & dump it real hard, the price is now worth shit.
Now he's starting the " distribution " lol, haha after making sure it's shit now & worth 0.

That asshole fucked it so hard & so fast, it's worth shit now, too bad i fucking did the translation for you you Greedy Low Life MOFO
280k Sell Order + 2 another 260k+ Sell Orders lol (you do the math)

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:49:29 AM

Good guide to spot the scams.

I'd say that any project that is based on the ethereum network with an ERC20 token and a shitty whitepaper that has been built up from 20 minutes of work is guaranteed to be a scam. Don't even need to do any research.

Especially those that take on another coin's name, like eIOTA, eXMR, even eETH. Do not invest a single cent of your own money into it. Doing the airdrop will probably lead to your info getting sold as well.

Yes, there are many of them who just created a name of the token taken from the coins already existing because it can attract more attention. Many people are still joining the airdrops because it is free even if it is not worth it. I can see in that section that there is an airdrop appearing every day and most of the posters are newbies that are just out to scam any one who is unaware of it. This is a good checklist to spot those scammers and some of the forms even ask for private key instead of public key and some even fall for it unaware that they just easily give away their coins.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████