Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:50:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Permissionless vs Permissioned Blockchains  (Read 191 times)
ptrk (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 90

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:58:39 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 03:15:56 PM by ptrk

I was recently dealing with permissioned blockchains such as Hyperledger toolset from Linux Foundation and Quorom that is an open source permissioned Ethereum cloned blockchain created by JPMorgan. Before, I was not aware of that already so many projects are existing that are specialized in creating private blockchains. The most development was triggerd by financial institutions mainly for bonds, invoice financing, letter of credit transactions, and interest rate swaps.

Finance industry is bet on permissioned blockchains. Why should other industries behave differently? Or in other words, why should they rely on public blockchain projects such as Ethereum or Waves, if each industry can set up its own blockchain?

Updated: Corrected some typos.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 914

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:17:26 PM

I was recently dealing with permissioned blockchains such as Hyperledger toolset from Linux Foundation and Quorom that is a open source permissioned Ethereum cloned blockchain created by JPMorgan. Before I was not aware of that already so many projects are existing that are specialized in creating private blockchains. The most development was triggerd by financial institutations mainly for bonds, invoice financing, letter of credit transactions, and interest rate swaps.

Finance industry is bet on permissioned blockchains. Why should other industries behave differently? Or, in other words, why should they rely on public blockchain projects such as Ethereum or Waves, if each industry can set up its own blockchain?

The big banks and corporations want private blockchains because they want one thing- CONTROL.
Nobody want`s public blockchains because they are decentralized and nobobody can control the blockchain transactions.Anyway,i  think that this topic should be moved to some other more tech savvy forum board.
Adopting blockchain technology actually won`t change the financial industry,the industry will change the blockchain tech...

ptrk (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 90

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:20:55 PM

The big banks and corporations want private blockchains because they want one thing- CONTROL.
Nobody want`s public blockchains because they are decentralized and nobobody can control the blockchain transactions.

I think this is not just true for the financial industry. Every supply chain company for instance, would like to keep as much data private as possible. Alone because of competitive advantages. Hyperledger has introduced so-called channels, where only certain stakeholders can see transactions of specific stakeholders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: