Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-14] Why Experts Think the Blockchain Will Rock Uber and Airbnb  (Read 6067 times)
bornforfreedom (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:13:24 AM

We have big companies like Uber and Airbnb as big, centralized entities. What if blockchain were involved?

"There are already over 1174 listed cryptocurrencies on CoinMarketCap as of October 2017 and that number grows every week (1). And while the vast potential of blockchain technology is known in the ‘crypto’ world, many people do not necessarily appreciate the potential that this technology has to completely disrupt longstanding companies and institutions throughout the world. This becomes doubly true when talking about sharing economy services like Uber and Airbnb — the distributed ledger that is the blockchain is well-suited to take over the types of transactions that happen within these services.

I fully expect blockchain technology to create a better, less-costly, more transparent, decentralized versions of these sharing economy services in the coming years.

There are several new kids on the block(chain) already poised to do just this. One pertinent example is The Bee Token, which aims to innovate the short-term housing rental space and put more power in the hands of the renters and guests by utilizing the blockchain."

Here's the full article: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/59e52b47e4b04e9111a3e442

Also, any thoughts on the bee token? They are disrupting Airbnb with blockchain and zero commissions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
craigpo

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:03:56 PM

Like this idea. I remember hearing about them at blockcon. They are the perfect example of a disruptor. I wonder what Airbnb plans on doing and if they are going to delve into crypto
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM

This shared economy services has made a big difference in how the transport system operates as well as in the hospitality sector. I have seen some ICOs who will be implementing this kind of services and I think blockchain technology would be good for them so that any anomalies that may happen can easily be traceable since there is tranparency in it. Besides, some of them are taking advantage of the shortage of the transportation industry so it would be an advantage if others would be able to see how the others are doing to assess if the fare that is charged is fair. It would be applicable to the lessee as well in the case of Airbnb.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:25:26 AM

This shared economy services has made a big difference in how the transport system operates as well as in the hospitality sector. I have seen some ICOs who will be implementing this kind of services and I think blockchain technology would be good for them so that any anomalies that may happen can easily be traceable since there is tranparency in it. Besides, some of them are taking advantage of the shortage of the transportation industry so it would be an advantage if others would be able to see how the others are doing to assess if the fare that is charged is fair. It would be applicable to the lessee as well in the case of Airbnb.

I also see a lot of potential in shared economy services because of the transparency and dispute resolution. From what I read about the bee token, their dispute resolution is seamless, which would make the experience/platform more pleasant and efficient for both hosts and guests.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: