Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to expect, now to early January?  (Read 130 times)
JTPhotography (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:39:31 PM

I’d this sell off/slow down in growth an end of the year thing? Related to the bch mess? When do you expect another surge? What will get it going? If you don’t expect a surge, why not?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TedNarrative

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:46:29 PM

It's to be expected. Bitcoin has had a huge run up. Noting goes straight up forever.  Don't worry about short term.
JTPhotography (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:47:43 PM

That wasn’t my question.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:00:20 PM

I still think that bitcoin will still make a run for 20,000$ before the year's end. I also don't think that we're bearish yet.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:04:40 PM

I’d this sell off/slow down in growth an end of the year thing? Related to the bch mess? When do you expect another surge? What will get it going? If you don’t expect a surge, why not?

I think BTC will continue to grow. It might not be as fast. We have really had very fast growth in the past 6 months. However there is a possibility of more money coming in. Remember, cryptos are still a billion dollar industry, the goal is to be a trillion dollar industry. As for the "BCH mess". I am not sure what you are referring to. If that what you refer to the market deciding what it wants then I have zero comments for that.
TomCrypto

Activity: 715
Merit: 220

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:05:33 PM

I think that with the coming holidays some big players will start to sell to take their profit before going to holidays in nice paradise islands!
And moreover it should be good for BTC to blow some steam off before going to new highs
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:10:08 PM

i would love to have a crystal ball to foresee what will happen in this crazy world of cryptos.
Like in the past during xmas/new year there is a price correction (cashing out for gifts, yearly gains and so on) but the latest months were scary for BTC, the bull run somehow was too much, way too much steam in it.
The main issue which should be solved soon are the transaction fees, the protocol is not able anymore to handle all the transaction and this will get worse and worse by the look of it.
Let's hope devs will work hard to implement lightning network because as now, it's only profitable for whales and BTC can't be used anymore for small transaction.
Dzernej

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:12:55 PM

With new year make a wish for BTC to go in 2018 to 100.000 $ Cheesy
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:14:20 PM

I think that BTC will be still growing, but not that fast than in this month. Ethereum will also and even faster than Bitcoin hitting $1k mark by February. Bitcoin Cash jumped up, but then will go slightly down. Crazy things happening with it in last days it's temporary.
JTPhotography (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:16:36 PM

I think BTC will continue to grow. It might not be as fast. We have really had very fast growth in the past 6 months. However there is a possibility of more money coming in. Remember, cryptos are still a billion dollar industry, the goal is to be a trillion dollar industry. As for the "BCH mess". I am not sure what you are referring to. If that what you refer to the market deciding what it wants then I have zero comments for that.

The market didn’t decide, coinbase and inside traders did.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:36:21 PM

I hope bitcoin price will bounce back because the price become low at this moment I believe it will slowly grow and rise again the competition in the market become more tough because we cannot deny some of the other crypto currencies has a potential to become successful in the future but it's too far for what is bitcoin done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: