Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin is the new Gold it will be worth...  (Read 556 times)
Shahriar23

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:34:08 PM

Bitcoin is less difficult to buy. Bitcoin price increase day by day and it can be easily carried. Bitcoin can carry any space through android mobile but it is not safe to carry gold . Bitcoin easily use for buying good from the internet. I think  Bitcoin is better than gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:39:31 PM

Bitcoin is less difficult to buy. Bitcoin price increase day by day and it can be easily carried.
There's a lot of exchanges out there that we are free to buy bitcoin and deposit our money to it. And for lesser hassle and more convenient way of buying bitcoin, there are local exchanges for each country that are now into cryptocurrency. But not all the time it's price is increasing, not everyday.

Bitcoin can carry any space through android mobile but it is not safe to carry gold . Bitcoin easily use for buying good from the internet. I think  Bitcoin is better than gold.
Gold in the eyes of thieves are precious but for the thieves that aren't educated with current trends, you can bring your mobile phone with your bitcoin wallet that has plenty of it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:42:19 PM

It's really difficult for Bitcoin to become gold because in order to become gold, Bitcoin will have to be mass adopted by everyone and everyone must know the real value of Bitcoin.

MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:50:28 PM

Until bitcoin price is going to increase up to 79.000$, wich I am pretty sure it is not going to happen ever, the value od the gold will surely increase a lot so bitcoin has to be over 100k to actually be close of bitcoin total worth and that seems impossible from my perspective. Yeah, the price of one bitcoin increased up to 5 times this year but I dont think that this would happen every year because then bitcoin will become $1M
Gold is something that exist since the planet was created and it is almost impossible for its price to fall very low because it is one of the safest long term investment for everyone since hundreds of years ago. I dont think bitcoin can surpass something so big like gold
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:11:20 PM

Well, gold is a currency, Bitcoin is not.  So Bitcoin can't be the new Gold yet.  Not until we determine that the bitcoin is a currency.  So at the moment, no gold is not what Bitcoin is and it can't be the next gold until we make it a currency.

Bitcoin is a currency. It can be used for different things online and it can be converted to any other currency like dollar eur etc in a very short amount of time. Gold is difficult to keep and has more risks to be stolen while bitcoin is up to you how will you safeguard it and it is usually easier to store. Bitcoin doesn't need to be the new gold because it is better than gold.

Bitcoin is an investment oppurtunity as it stands now.  I cannot go to Best Buy or target and use Bitcoin, I can't go to an airport and try to exchange bitcoin for fiat.  Right now as it stands, no Bitcoin is not a currency
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:18:48 PM

I'm pretty sure gold's market cap is around 7B$.

The market cap of the largest gold etf, GLD, is ~34B alone.  Needless to say that is just a drop in the bucket.

It does seem that BTC is becoming an alternative storage of wealth.  I won't be surprised if the price goes that high or higher, but neither will I get too hopeful that we will see such a rise any time soon.  Futures market opens soon, which may have a significant impact on price.  I am still in disbelief at the meteoric rise this year, so I guess anything is possible.

Like others have said, one of the huge factors is that the bitcoin supply is finite and declining over time.  It all depends on how many people want it and how much of it they buy.  Fingers crossed!
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:29:30 PM

Not if;) it already is my man. I'm storing as much wealth as I can in BTC, not in gold. Gold is not as good as BTC at storing wealth and being immutable. You can change gold and more and more of it gets mined every year. This isn't the case with BTC, BTC has 21 million BTC so when that scarce amount has to account for all the debt in the world it'll be worth trillions.
Mabyouka

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:55:41 PM

Nothing can maintain it's value untouched like gold , even if there are wolrd wars or any catastrophes a lot of things can loose their value such as cash, proprieties and even lands ! but gold never does , and that's why they use it as insurance and equivalent of every country reserve of cash .
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:20:55 PM

Well, gold is a currency, Bitcoin is not.  So Bitcoin can't be the new Gold yet.  Not until we determine that the bitcoin is a currency.  So at the moment, no gold is not what Bitcoin is and it can't be the next gold until we make it a currency.
Bitcoin is considered as a form of digital currency. If we define currency, we can say that currency is a form of money which can be used for buying or selling goods. We can use bitcoin to buy online and even some stores also accept bitcoin. So we can consider bitcoin a currency.

No, we can't.  That is like saying some apples are oranges, therefore all apples are oranges.  To define currency you need to be able to use it everywhere or at the very least exchange it anywhere..  It isn't a currency yet.  Not until it is socially accepted everywhere.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: