Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] [EU] Wine from Portugal - market survey - are you interested?  (Read 1142 times)
toinodascoives (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:09:36 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 08:01:53 PM by toinodascoives

Hi all, im from Portugal and i would like to trade some euros to BTC and help the community.

Portugal got an excelent quality and variety of wines, and a huge history of wine production. I can ship wine from here and I've noticed that noone got here the service so i decided to give a check to see if there is potencial costumers and if it would be a possible way for me to get some BTC.

I need some information to go throw without problems so if you are interested and don't mind to give some feedback in any of this 3 questions i appreciate it:

Whats customs regulations in your contry (i.e its is possible to import alcohol drinks and how many liters of alcohol can the pack have)?

How much cost one bottle of average/good table wine in your contry?

How much cost one bottle of good "dessert"/after meal fortified wine and (if you have it) the price of Porto Wine?

If you are interested and want more information about portuguese wine wikipedia and wines of portugal pag or for Port Wine

I'm aiming for final prices arround 0.25 BTC for 1 bottle and 0.48 BTC for 2 bottles and what really cost its registered shipping, the prices [1 kg - 2 kg] 14,00 € and [2 kg - 3 kg] 28,00 €. With more quantaty it's possible to lower that shipping cost, like price per bottle, 5 near 8€, 10 bottles near 5€, but for more than 2, I need the information about the limit of your country.

In this link if you want you can consult the price paid for registered package International prices

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toinodascoives (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:44:44 AM

reserved Smiley
austins

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:02:29 AM

Do you ship the Wines worldwide ?

MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:52:33 AM

In Finland we are allowed to receive 5 litres of wine since you are from another EU country. That requires that you send them as an invidual person, not as a company. It also requires that the wine is sent as a gift, otherwise he have to pay taxes from the total value of the shipment.

Being a wine drinker myself I'd say that people are paying 8€ per bottle on average (red or white table wine). For example the most popular red wine Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile costs 7€ here. So your prices are very competitive in my opinion. Cheapest Porto Wine is 10€ per bottle but I wouldn't buy that. I'd say good ones cost 20€ per bottle on average. Good dessert wine is about 12€ per bottle. These are of course my opinions and based on what wines I buy or would buy. Some people choose the cheapest wines and some don't even want to taste anything cheaper than 30€ per bottle.

I will definitely order some wines if I can get more info on what you have to offer. Great service!
toinodascoives (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:04:53 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 07:57:03 PM by toinodascoives

Do you ship the Wines worldwide ?

I'm just making a market survey i could ship worldwide its same work and litle more expensive, the problem it's your country customs. I can't responsibilise if you got any customs problems. I just refered EU because if you are inside European Union that problem usually don't appear.

In Finland we are allowed to receive 5 litres of wine since you are from another EU country. That requires that you send them as an invidual person, not as a company. It also requires that the wine is sent as a gift, otherwise he have to pay taxes from the total value of the shipment.

Being a wine drinker myself I'd say that people are paying 8€ per bottle on average (red or white table wine). For example the most popular red wine Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile costs 7€ here. So your prices are very competitive in my opinion. Cheapest Porto Wine is 10€ per bottle but I wouldn't buy that. I'd say good ones cost 20€ per bottle on average. Good dessert wine is about 12€ per bottle. These are of course my opinions and based on what wines I buy or would buy. Some people choose the cheapest wines and some don't even want to taste anything cheaper than 30€ per bottle.

I will definitely order some wines if I can get more info on what you have to offer. Great service!

Well wine in Portugal its cheap as we produce a lot. Living here i can get a big with range of different wines (the prices its smillar +/- 1€), as i just want to get some bitcoins i can buy any brand / type you wish. From 3€ to 5€ you can get "good" wine table, and from 5€-6€ "good" (i place " " because it depends on tastes) after meal such as any type/brand of Port wine (Tawny/Ruby/White) or Moscatel. Of course if what you seek its 10/20/30 years wines or special year collects LBV, Late Bottled Vintage, that would go to expensive prices starting at 10€. Anyway what will cost more as i referer its shippment.

As exemple your limite its 5L is equal to 6 bottles that should be between 7-8 kgs so rounded to 8,5 to 9€ per bottle final shipment price. Height of bottles vary due to type of glass maybe from 1 kg and 1,2 kg.

If what you seek its discounts, although i wouldn't recommend (at least for the first times), theres another option when you drink wine everyday, we have 5L package. Advantage price and height (its not glass so its less heavy), so final price arround 55€. Disadvantage its only used when we know that we like that wine, also as you understand quality of wine may not be same and im not sure if costums will like it.

Cheers
toinodascoives (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:04:37 PM

The transportation cost i think will not make this business viable if its only wine.

What maybe i can do its add another products that you may have expensive in your country and maybe its much less expensive here and with great quality... so the cost of shippment its splited among wine and the other products.

As exemple of products Portugal also have with great quality and maybe not common its Olive Oil, our great quality olive oil start rounds 4€/L and top quality (extracted at less temperature) goes 5€/L, also the olives are good and can survive the shippment.

We also have good traduction in coffee but that i think price should be more or less equal arround europe/world.

If you can think in products that are expensive in your contrys and you would like to buy aswell, share, that probably can lower the cost transportating and end with prices/quality ration lowers than in your contry, making this idea a nice and profitable one.  Wink

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: