Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All you idiots that "invested" in PMBs:  (Read 3495 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:51:57 AM

The chances of the difficulty staying still or dropping when a new generation of mining hardware is being rolled out is about zero.

Yay, waste more coins on PMBs that will have zero value soon Smiley

Take a look at this: http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

Print it out, hang it on your wall - upside down - and this is your PMB's value.

Every single PMB on the market > 0.0026 BTC / MH (as of posting) is overpriced. Kthnxbye.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:56:49 AM

You can check the mining profit per difficulty adjustment here

http://btc.re/?t=miningcalc
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 06:02:12 AM

what is PMB anyway?

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
whirlpool

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:12:39 AM

Perpetual Mining Bonds

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:20:08 AM

Yeah I feel like I cashed out just in time. The hashrate drop had a lot of people gambling.
ryan1894

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:33:57 AM

Does this mean that DMS.SELLING is a very attractive security at the moment?

I just bought >200 DMS.MINING because I thought it was undervalued at 0.004 per MH/s but it seems now that the future profitability of all bitcoin mining operations seems very dull
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:36:24 AM

I just bought >200 DMS.MINING because I thought it was undervalued at 0.004 per MH/s but it seems now that the future profitability of all bitcoin mining operations seems very dull

Just way too risky for this ASIC climate. I'm sure this was well known during the IPO's  Roll Eyes
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:44:34 AM

from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223442.msg2555766#msg2555766

...Who ever invented those nasty perpetual mining turds, was either a clueless fuck, who did not understand how bad it is for the investors or, he knew exactly! what it is and abused the nonexisting investing experience of BTC enthusiasts. PMB are dressed up nice indeed. Wink

Let me break it down for ya'll so you can understand wtf you get yourself into.

Lets say we have 2 guys. A and B. A wants to buy a bike so he can deliver newspapers. He ask you (B) for a loan. Once more, bond is a loan and principal investment must be returned.

He tells you:
1) Give me a loan but I have no obligation to pay you back what you gave me or in other words - I will stretch this loan out forever and will not guarantee you get back you money. I'll try to do my best so it won't happen.

2) I will make weekly (or what ever) payments but those payments are not fixed and can float up or down, depending how many papers I managed to deliver riding this bike. Bike I bought with your money. BTW. if I say home and sleep, you get nothing.

3) The road is one way and endless.  It's mostly up the hill pedaling. Higher I get, slower I move and less papers deliver. BTW, there will be fewer and fewer houses too. One more thing... I'll deduct the cost of sandwiches and water from the earnings and keep some of the earned coin for my self.

Now, do you lend me the money to buy that bike?

PS! There will be other bikes on that road. Some have motors and "paper cannons".

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
ryan1894

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:48:22 AM

...Who ever invented those nasty perpetual mining turds, was either a clueless fuck, who did not understand how bad it is for the investors or, he knew exactly! what it is and abused the nonexisting investing experience of BTC enthusiasts. PMB are dressed up nice indeed. Wink

Lets say we have 2 guys. A and B. A wants to buy a bike so he can deliver newspapers. He ask you (B) for a loan. Once more, bond is a loan and principal investment must be returned.

He tells you:
1) Give me a loan but I have no obligation to pay you back what you gave me or in other words - I will stretch this loan out forever and will not guarantee you get back you money. I'll try to do my best so it won't happen.

2) I will make weekly (or what ever) payments but those payments are not fixed and can float up or down, depending how many papers I managed to deliver riding this bike. Bike I bought with your money. BTW. if I say home and sleep, you get nothing.

3) The road is one way and endless.  It's mostly up the hill pedaling. Higher I get, slower I move and less papers deliver. BTW, there will be fewer and fewer houses too. One more thing... I'll deduct the cost of sandwiches and water from the earnings and keep some of the earned coin for my self.

PS! There will be other bikes on that road. Some have motors and "paper cannons".

I think most people understand what they're getting into - it's just that BTCT's dividend yield estimates are misleading because they're basing the yields on current prices - not at IPO.

Taking into account the falling price, I think most PMB's probably have a yield of 30-40% max in contrast to securities such as B.YABMC where BTCT estimates 172% yield, based on current prices

I actually thought DMS.MINING would return at least 100%, and I think that most people think that PMBs would return at least 100%.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:03:36 AM

He tells you:

3) The road is one way and endless.  It's mostly up the hill pedaling. Higher I get, slower I move and less papers deliver. BTW, there will be fewer and fewer houses too. One more thing... I'll deduct the cost of sandwiches and water from the earnings and keep some of the earned coin for my self.

I think most people understand what they're getting into - it's just that BTCT's dividend yield estimates are misleading because they're basing the yields on current prices - not at IPO.

Taking into account the falling price, I think most PMB's probably have a yield of 30-40% max in contrast to securities such as B.YABMC where BTCT estimates 172% yield, based on current prices

I actually thought DMS.MINING would return at least 100%, and I think that most people think that PMBs would return at least 100%.

OK, I guess my example was still too complicated to comprehend.

* you lucky man. You have 1 share of "A"
* "A" pay you money. Good money! 10 money every Saturday! You so happy!
* "A" price drop 12 money every Saturday too. You sad! Got 10 but lost 12.
* You still happy!? You stupid!

Or do we need to use crayons and paint you a fkn picture? Smiley

If you can buy a PMBT at deep discount so your next predicted "div payments - loss form price drop" gives you a positive number, go for it.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
eltopo

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:37:55 AM

At this moment DMS.MINING sells for 0.013417. If future average difficulty rise will be lower than 15%, DMS.MINING will return 100% or more. The lower the average difficulty rise will be, the earlier you'll be profitable. If average rise will be > 15%, you lose. (This is only an example for buying price 0.013417)
John818

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:59:21 AM

I followed that link Eskimo Bob and am very surprised that you don't mind exposing your arrogant and offensive nature.

If I had posted such obscenities and arrogant scrawlings, I'd be ashamed and very unlikely to offer a link to said thread.
jmutch

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:18:31 PM

Yeah i feel sorry for anyone that has any kind of faith in PMB's. But, i guess the warnings were there for would be investors.

In my opinion if you lost coins on them it's your own fault. If you made coins, then you bet the system good on you!

I think it's kind of strange designing something that is certain to fail. Anyway!
ryan1894

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:17:18 PM

At this moment DMS.MINING sells for 0.013417. If future average difficulty rise will be lower than 15%, DMS.MINING will return 100% or more. The lower the average difficulty rise will be, the earlier you'll be profitable. If average rise will be > 15%, you lose. (This is only an example for buying price 0.013417)

Yea I understand but it seems that nobody ever sees a return of more than 50% on PMBs unless the issuer happens to be very generous and increases hash rate (e.g. PAJKA.BOND) or a percentage of the dividends are reinvested into more hardware and the security holder sees returns on this as well (turns into more of a share or a fund than a "PMB")
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 01:27:35 PM

Every single PMB on the market > 0.0026 BTC / MH (as of posting) is overpriced. Kthnxbye.

I'd like to know, why you choose the 1 % return per day threshold.

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:32:51 PM

It was when it was at the same price as DMS.Mining, probabably even double the price.
But now the difficulty has to increase a lot to make it profitable, even though we know it will increase it's impossible to tell if it will be 10% or 25% on average.
It's gambling now.
eltopo

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:00:44 PM

DMS.SELLING price is attractive if you think that DMS.MINING price is too high.
canuck

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:01:23 PM

He tells you:

OK, I guess my example was still too complicated to comprehend.

* you lucky man. You have 1 share of "A"
* "A" pay you money. Good money! 10 money every Saturday! You so happy!
* "A" price drop 12 money every Saturday too. You sad! Got 10 but lost 12.
* You still happy!? You stupid!

Or do we need to use crayons and paint you a fkn picture? Smiley

If you can buy a PMBT at deep discount so your next predicted "div payments - loss form price drop" gives you a positive number, go for it.

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Oh good christ! +100

CAN'T...STOP...LAUGHING!
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:11:51 PM

If i could get my hands on the unicorn blood that makes PMBs sell, i'd be soooo happy.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:16:53 AM

You can check the mining profit per difficulty adjustment here

http://btc.re/?t=miningcalc

I like what you put ,end the world or never....

This perfectly describing to the some PMBs in the market...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: