Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:51:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: do you think bitcoin is controversial ?  (Read 3312 times)
nursahath07 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:59:56 PM

as we know so many reason to make controversial bit coin currency in practical or real media sanitation. if  we observe very carefully  few past few years we have seen that  criminal activities  or occurrence  are occurred by the help of hackers and trader make it famous moving thousand of dollars outside by cheating  with government law enforcement for that reason value of bitcoin increasing very high. even they make money away from center bank and government unable to hold money from general people and through this process people convert this money into different things. i think this is enough for making controversial and what do you think about my think ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 01:19:30 PM

Being 100% honest and clean with money wouldn't bring you any extra profits in our society i believe, Bitcoin being used in illegal activities are normal since the it's rising price few years ago. Anyone with some particular knowledge in blockchain would know what BTC is capable to do and medias are trying to increase awareness to people and still, nobody can resist the hidden potential of somewhat a futuristic 'internet currency' that came up from no where and could be exchanged into cold hard cash, once the impact is significant governments globally would certainly step up their new regulations.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:14:54 PM

as we know so many reason to make controversial bit coin currency in practical or real media sanitation. if  we observe very carefully  few past few years we have seen that  criminal activities  or occurrence  are occurred by the help of hackers and trader make it famous moving thousand of dollars outside by cheating  with government law enforcement for that reason value of bitcoin increasing very high. even they make money away from center bank and government unable to hold money from general people and through this process people convert this money into different things. i think this is enough for making controversial and what do you think about my think ?
Anything that empower the individual is always controversial, just look at cryptography many countries hate that fact that the average people has now access to military grade encryption, since now a person that does not want to reveal his information can encrypt it and if does a good job then there is not a way to access that information and bitcoin is similar, bitcoin empowers people around the world and the more power people have the less power governments have over them.
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:34:33 PM

Why would it be controversial? If you mean because of the usages that people are leading to bitcoin, then it is fault of the people who do such those things, not because of bitcoin.
Money has been used for those purposes too, and that is not the fault of those who print the money.
It is a different concept, bitcoin is being used like real money right now, not like digital credits, just like a lot of people thought that they were before.
It is not controversial if you know what are the real reasons of bitcoin, and why it has been created for.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ladadadiweliketoparty

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:35:04 PM

Anything that empower the individual is always controversial, just look at cryptography many countries hate that fact that the average people has now access to military grade encryption, since now a person that does not want to reveal his information can encrypt it and if does a good job then there is not a way to access that information and bitcoin is similar, bitcoin empowers people around the world and the more power people have the less power governments have over them.

Yes this is why bitcoin and all the anonymous coins are going to be controversial in the future. The people want to remain hidden from governments because everyday that passes we reveal more sensitive information about

ourselves to the world. You would think when Facebook came around people would have shunned that idea right down but the exact opposite happened. Now to recuperate what privacy we gave up crypto is a seemingless

transition to make and use.

Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:00:29 PM

It became controversial when mainstream media portray it like that. The argument that bitcoin is being used for criminality is flawed because even with fiat, it is being used for illegal activities such as buying drugs and Ponzi. So it's not bitcoin fault. However, mainstream media shows bitcoin in the bad way specially in the early years of it. That's why it has stuck up until now. And its us, that makes it controversial. Bitcoin is just simply to understand and to used.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
akd_dadi

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 09:07:01 PM

Rather than controversial, I think that BTC (& crypto in general) is free from regulation. It's a different thing really. In the same way that the trustless nature of cash makes it more valuable to criminals, it seems only natural that the digital equivalent would do the same.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:25:19 PM

I think it is fair to say that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are controversial. However, that doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with them. People have developed opinions and prejudices about them based on what they have heard.

We all know about Silk Road and other potential illegal uses for Bitcoin but we also know that fiat currencies are used for illegal activities all the time. There is nothing inherently bad about Bitcoin.

Governments and banks are also sometimes critical of Bitcoin because it takes power away from them and into the hands of the people.

I think the bottom line is just like any technology including the internet, there are positives and negatives to Bitcoin, but because it is so revolutionary, it’s here to stay.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:59:26 PM

Being 100% honest and clean with money wouldn't bring you any extra profits in our society i believe, Bitcoin being used in illegal activities are normal since the it's rising price few years ago. Anyone with some particular knowledge in blockchain would know what BTC is capable to do and medias are trying to increase awareness to people and still, nobody can resist the hidden potential of somewhat a futuristic 'internet currency' that came up from no where and could be exchanged into cold hard cash, once the impact is significant governments globally would certainly step up their new regulations.

Any form of payment method can be used in illegal stuffs, so it is not surprising if Bitcoin can be used in such things.  But with Bitcoin I think those who used it for illegal stuff must be careful since it is transparent and can tract all the transaction on the blockchain.  Anything that is booming is always controversial.  People and media will most likely create an event out of it making people to input their thoughts and opinion about it. 
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:14:11 PM

Honestly I think people who say bitcoin is controversial because bitcoin is used in illegal activities are pretty clueless, the US dollar is the currency most used worldwide for crime, do they say that it is controversial? The only real difference with bitcoin is that it is easier for the 'little' guys to get away with criminal activities, whereas with USD or other currencies it takes money to be able to hire a good lawyer to correctly launder your money etc.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
josephdenne

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

Anything that challenges the established order is labelled controversial. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Bitcoin is currently on step #3.

Edge is the infrastructure of Web3. A decentralized cloud, powered by the blockchain. Community: https://discord.gg/edge-network
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:29:22 PM

Aleays remember good or bad publicity is still publicity so that would not be matter if bitcoin is talked because of the bad happening whats important is its getting more and more popular as days comes by
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:40:01 PM

Anything that challenges the established order is labelled controversial. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Bitcoin is currently on step #3.

The fighting bit is for the banks. The people love Bitcoin. In their minds, I think Bitcoin has already won.
Bitcoin is controversial because people from all walks of life love it - the geeks, the venture capitalists, the drug dealers..

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

This thing you do think is been thinking by the community for how many times and this topic have been talked for a couple of times already. Controversies is normal on bitcoin ecosystem because of its feature which is anonymity and a decentralized stuff which do leads up on lots of controversies and questions by the public. It wont really be surprising if they would ban it because of the potential increase of criminal activity because bitcoin is really a good tool on executing such transactions.
plaintiff77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:15:46 PM

As we can see the standing of bitcoin in the economy at present, it became the most controversial cryptocurrency among all others because of its highest exchange value. Upon using bitcoin i realize the greatest benefit which we can earn bigger than expected and higher than what we get from our regular job if we have one. What makes it controversial is that investor chose to use bitcoin because of its high exchange rate. There will no competition anymore in the market because it is preferrable to switch to bitcoin currency because of its high value. Those all people who used it is at the same time they learn a lot of things.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:06:42 AM

Controversial because some people used for anonymous transactions and we can't track their information detail.
For some country that is the problem, the government not legalized it. The government can't control bitcoin. So bitcoin controversial in some country.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:19:12 AM

Controversial? it is the feature of bitcoin in the first place, why could it be controversial? Hackers can't hack someone's bitcoin wallet but the exchangers wallet, so I think the controversial there is the exchanger's security, wouldn't you agree? Most  of what you are saying is all about the decentralization which is a feature of bitcoin in the first place, so I think it is not controversial, you are just over thinking things.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:14:49 PM

Yes this is why bitcoin and all the anonymous coins are going to be controversial in the future. The people want to remain hidden from governments because everyday that passes we reveal more sensitive information about

ourselves to the world. You would think when Facebook came around people would have shunned that idea right down but the exact opposite happened. Now to recuperate what privacy we gave up crypto is a seemingless

transition to make and use.
It is going to be controversial but since bitcoin has many other features that are great people are going to use it, this is why bitcoin regulation from the governments is going to have a lot more to do with people identified themselves than with any kind of technical issue, and as you said since most people are already fine with revealing everything about themselves in platforms like Facebook then they will have no problem revealing their addresses to the government.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:44:35 PM

No I don’t think so bitcoin is controversial because bitcoin is clear to everyone and everyone know that bitcoin is a digital currency and it’s going to each a lot of good things and its now very stable with high price in market and it’s also safe and sound to invest bitcoin is now legal in many countries and still rest of countries want to accept bitcoin.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:11:56 PM

Whatever allegations you make against bitcoin is already done with the use of fiat currency itself.It was not totally happening just after the entry of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is magnificent technology which could be used for progress like earning more and sending huge amounts of money with very low transaction fee.But if some use it for illegal activities,its their mindset and bitcoin could not be blamed for that.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: