Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:23:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I lost almost 300,000 USD in seconds  (Read 1448 times)
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:07:33 PM

Bought 329 Segwit2x Futures on Bitfinex.
Sometime around the 6th.
Took a gamble yes I know, but after looking into it I believed Segwit2x would be the chain we all use as the real Bitcoin
News comes out that the fork is being called off, by the time i hear it about an hour later I check the futures price and it's trading at a whopping 90$ each
Moral of story :
Don't ever put almost half your portfolio in something risky like a forks futures

It is really a big gamble dear. However,it is a big lesson for all of us. If you must gamble as such, then your has to be open 24hrs or contract it to professionals.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:08:59 PM

I see few people already said that... But i am interested in that part as well "What made you think that S2X is going to be next main chain" ? Awaiting OPs responses with huge suspense Cheesy
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:09:42 PM

People can quickly get hoodwinked by scammers when they are greedy. You took a huge risk on something that was not

guaranteed, thinking that you would make a killing {greed}  and it did not pan out. You are lucky that you had the

opportunity to recover some of your investment, because you could have EASILY been out of pocket on this.  Sad Next time,

re-think your strategy, before you invest in something that risky. We all learn through our mistakes, some are just more

costly than other.  Angry

Now that is spot on i  say. I myself have had greed blindside my logic and put all my eggs into one basket. Back in the day spain coin seemed like it might do something so i bought my $10,000. I had saved up and ended up loosing about 40%.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:11:19 PM

So you're futures are worthless now? I know the fork got cancelled but there will be another fork surely, can't these be used for the next fork?
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:12:30 PM

Ouch! that's the saddest story I ever heard. Wish you could've get it back but price already dropped and we cannot do anything.
The moral story is the best advice you can give to people who almost do the same as yours.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:16:04 PM

I see few people already said that... But i am interested in that part as well "What made you think that S2X is going to be next main chain" ? Awaiting OPs responses with huge suspense Cheesy

That would be his ultimate luck if ever Segwit2x is accepted by majority of investors and Bitcoin enthusiasts but sometimes we predicted too much out of our emotions and excitement for the hard fork. If happened that Segwit2x is rocking since the fork until today, He is one of the luckiest investor of cyrpto-currency if you know what I mean. But, that's life. A sad life sometimes..

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
JohnHero

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:16:58 PM

But if you were right? How would your profit be? Big wins require big risks, and sadly, the risks were against you as you lost here. :|
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:17:24 PM

Sometime around the 6th.
Took a gamble yes I know, but after looking into it I believed Segwit2x would be the chain we all use as the real Bitcoin
News comes out that the fork is being called off, by the time i hear it about an hour later I check the futures price and it's trading at a whopping 90$ each
Moral of story :
Don't ever put almost half your portfolio in something risky like a forks futures

I know how you feel.That wasn't a good decision.You should have waited till the actual fork.Many companies and people were against segwit2x.That reason was enough to not invest such big amount in segwit2x futures.Don't lose hope and learn from this incident and don't do same mistake again Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:26:20 PM

Always stay updated with the news and don't forget to put a stop loss limit to save your money from going to hero to zero.
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:32:03 PM

Actually I am sad for your loss.  But what you have based on this data to invest such money in this way. I use a little amount of money in this type of investment. I am a person who likes to take risks, but I need to be crazy to make such a risky investment. I hope you will soon regain what you lost.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:42:25 PM

That's really a huge loss and I'm sorry for that, this will be a lesson mostly for the newbie readers who are hype into investing to crypto currency that is why never gonna trade most of your bucks as anything can happen to the digital coins. Always mind that there is a risk for everything the bigger you bet the chances for wins and loss will also big.

But for the fork that is not released yet is very big gamble, it is like 75% is the loss and 15% is the chance to profit from this strategy a very risky move, you should ride the boat of btc as the price is skyrocketing again.

EtihadBitcoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:46:48 PM

Samething I heard about these bitcoin futures.
One guy lost $900,000usd from what I heard as he put all his life savings into it.

That is madness.

It is like gambling you life away with putting into something that is not definite.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:46:50 PM

Sometime around the 6th.
Moral of story :

Moral of story:
Repeat this 100 times - "I am an idiot and should not get involved in something i don't understand."

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Shiertwo99

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:48:47 PM

This is a very sad story but why would you even do something like this if i had that kind of money i would not risk it to maybe get more out of it or even to double it that is not possible there are no shortcuts in life you need to understand that.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:26 PM

Bought 329 Segwit2x Futures on Bitfinex. Sometime around the 6th. Took a gamble yes I know, but after looking into it I believed Segwit2x would be the chain we all use as the real Bitcoin News comes out that the fork is being called off, by the time i hear it about an hour later I check the futures price and it's trading at a whopping 90$ each Moral of story: Don't ever put almost half your portfolio in something risky like a forks futures

Sorry for your loss, that's a huge amount. What convinced you that Segwit2X could be the main chain? Putting half of your portofolio - in a futures - of a shitty fork of Bitcoin. That's three big mistake. I couldn't believe that there are actual people who thinks B2X/BCH/other fork could replace the original Bitcoin. These things has happened over and over again since 2014 by the same people/group (Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Unlimited) yet people are still falling for it. Most people, including me, seeing those fork only as a way to make small gain by selling those coins immediately after the fork.

It was a big gamble that never paid off because of events beyond the control of anyone who bought SegWit2X futures. Sadly, when the hard fork was cancelled the futures look so dim literally and figuratively. Yes, the big lesson here is we have to be careful of what we got into. Bitcoin has proven itself to be too resilient in the face of many hard forks and even if many would insists that Bitcoin can soon be replaced, it won't be happening soon. Bitcoin was not nailed by the barrage of bad news from China in September and just recently the attack from BitCoinCash proved to be unsuccessful. Bitcoin is now back in the game.
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:56:13 PM

Damn dude... well i guess u still have more money then most people. So view it in that perspective.
tunctioncloud

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:01:30 PM

That is really saddening, I do not like when people are ripped of that way. But that is part of the futures market : they are by definition very risky. However as you did, I would have naturally thought it would be activated.
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:10:50 PM

Man! You bought a risky coin that too at pumped price. How more can you go wrong. Regarding not having half of your portfolio in one coin stands good for altcoins but not for bitcoin. I always prefer 50-50 division between bitcoin and altcoins in my portfolio. This way you keep the dollar value of your portfolio somewhat stable. Never make a hasty choice in cryptocurrencies and that too with such a huge amount. Think sensibly! Altcoin trading seems easy but is way tougher because it is highly unpredictable.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 09:25:16 PM

If in doubt... hold bitcoin. It works 99% of the time.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

saedasda

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:16:39 PM

lesson learned dont put all money in one investment and learn how to use money management.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: