Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:53:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
paulsltc123

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 10:34:02 PM

Any hint on possible release date of client 1.5?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:04:33 AM

I put up a CAP spreadsheet exchange on google docs in the meantime while CAP/BTC trading on cryptsy is suspended. This is a modified version of the old PXC exchange, so I left the old LTC tips address, those tips do not go to me.

As usual with these things, trade at your own risk.

PM me with your buy or sell order, and I will add you to the list using your Bitcointalk username. If you see a trade on there you would like to go through with, PM the person, and let me know once the order has gone through.

If you want, I can act as an escrow and hold the BTC during a transaction until the transaction has 250 confirmations on the longest chain. This will be at a 2% fee in Bitcoins plus a transaction fee of 0.0001 Bitcoins; so make sure you include enough bitcoins in the transaction to me, as I will subtract the 2% and 0.0001 Bitcoins upon receiving it. Make sure you send from an address you can sign, otherwise if there is a dispute, you will loose your bitcoins, and it will be your own fault. When trading, make sure your CAP wallet is on the longest chain. I will manually confirm the CAP transactions using the block explorer at http://bottlecaps.kicks-ass.net/block_crawler.php. I reserve the right to throw my arms up in the air and flail them around while screaming at the top of my lungs, and stop the escrow service at any time. I'm in CST, so be mindful of the hours I am awake/around.

PM me if you want the escrow service.

The exchange is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq9JPdJC7Kw6dHpQX1RqMnMxMEFCd2ROLTRMczFSSmc&usp=sharing
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:25:26 AM

Sorry for the lack of updates.

The cause of this has yet to be confirmed 100% I have multiple theory's but none state why only caps is having these issues. Until i am 100% certain I am not going to release another client that doesn't fully solve the situation we are in. I am near the end of my skill set with debugging this. I have brought in multiple outside developers to assist but all are running into the same problems determining why only caps is effected.

At this time I find it highly doubtful that any other caps clones will run into the same problems. I have scanned over each issue that has popped up with others and see no resemblance to the issues seen here. Most caps clones blockchains are similar in size and beyond the point where the issue arised.

Every time I think i have found the cause I disprove it. Which I guess is good in the long run. For now the network is more stable then it has been with days in between issues. So unless the network falls apart again I am going to hold off until I am 100% certain.

If you have any issues with caps please continue to report them as it is extremely helpful. It is still possible the issue has been resolved and is straightening itself out. The next update will be a hard fork and I do not want to have to do another. So until all the ducks are in a row and we are certain the issue has been resolved I will be holding off on the update. If no clear issue is found in the next 48 hours I will release 1.5 with all possible causes I have discovered corrected

As far as progress all nodes of mine have stayed on the correct chain for about a week now, If you are having trouble achieving more then 10 peers let me know I will work with you to achieve more

I know most of you are frustrated and the last thing I want to do is add to that with another update that doesn't resolve the situation. There are many competent developers working to solve the issue now and i am confident with just a little more time between us we can get the chain back on track.

In other news there are many many exciting projects underway just waiting for the issue to be resolved. Caps have a bright future and I hope you will all stick with us. For now enjoy the low difficulty Smiley

reservebalance=1000000 is still recommended. It wont keep you on the right chain for certain but at least it will prevent you yourself from generating a bad block and give you a better chance of staying on the right side of this
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:25:49 AM

I put up a CAP spreadsheet exchange on google docs in the meantime while CAP/BTC trading on cryptsy is suspended. This is a modified version of the old PXC exchange, so I left the old LTC tips address, those tips do not go to me.

As usual with these things, trade at your own risk.

PM me with your buy or sell order, and I will add you to the list using your Bitcointalk username. If you see a trade on there you would like to go through with, PM the person, and let me know once the order has gone through.

If you want, I can act as an escrow and hold the BTC during a transaction until the transaction has 250 confirmations on the longest chain. This will be at a 2% fee in Bitcoins plus a transaction fee of 0.0001 Bitcoins; so make sure you include enough bitcoins in the transaction to me, as I will subtract the 2% and 0.0001 Bitcoins upon receiving it. Make sure you send from an address you can sign, otherwise if there is a dispute, you will loose your bitcoins, and it will be your own fault. When trading, make sure your CAP wallet is on the longest chain. I will manually confirm the CAP transactions using the block explorer at http://bottlecaps.kicks-ass.net/block_crawler.php. I reserve the right to throw my arms up in the air and flail them around while screaming at the top of my lungs, and stop the escrow service at any time. I'm in CST, so be mindful of the hours I am awake/around.

PM me if you want the escrow service.

The exchange is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq9JPdJC7Kw6dHpQX1RqMnMxMEFCd2ROLTRMczFSSmc&usp=sharing

This is great news. Thank you for your support Smiley
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:59:47 AM

snipped

This is great news. Thank you for your support Smiley

You're welcome. I figured we needed to get some volume moving again, otherwise it gets to cryptsy again and just tanks. I will probably end up holding the majority of mine though.
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:27:00 AM

Thanks for the update.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:01:28 AM

By your definitions of broken, everything in my house is broken. Nothing works as expected. But it all works.

My computer crashes loading some webpages, my toaster doesn't cook evenly, my dog runs in circles, the AC only cools down to 78F in the summer, the cable TV digitally breaks-up once in a while, the car I drive only gets 23MPG instead of the 28MPG it said, oh and I paid for all those... How much did you pay the developers for the bottlecaps program?

But ISA..  If there's one thing that always works properly, it's software, amirite?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:38:02 PM

By your definitions of broken, everything in my house is broken. Nothing works as expected. But it all works.

My computer crashes loading some webpages, my toaster doesn't cook evenly, my dog runs in circles, the AC only cools down to 78F in the summer, the cable TV digitally breaks-up once in a while, the car I drive only gets 23MPG instead of the 28MPG it said, oh and I paid for all those... How much did you pay the developers for the bottlecaps program?

But ISA..  If there's one thing that always works properly, it's software, amirite?

Tongue

If it worked better, it would be called hardware, not software...

It it was made by humans, the best you can expect is something that has human error...

Until we have error-free anything, made by something inhuman and without error itself, we will never have anything that does not have errors...

The best cars die, the best software is the source of most errors, the best opinion of "best" still does not imply perfection...

What was the question again? lol.

If you see a fork in the road, take it!

Everybody wants something and something-else... but no-one wants nothing and nothing-else.
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 07:02:37 PM

Warning about my P2pool!

It is working ONLY locally, it means that everyone are mining for one default address (node owner)!
I just discovered that after few ppl start mining on my node and not get payout Sad

ATM i have deleted binary from my skydrive and working on solution.

It can be used only for "local" mining, it will split payout between nodes but not between users on one node. So every node is count as one worker.

I`m very sorry for this, I just assumed that it is working in same way as for NVC :/

I`ll post info when I fix it (hopefully).

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
paulsltc123

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:26:51 PM

If things remain good over the next days/weeks and continue to stay on track as they are is there any chance Cryptsy will re-enable trading of Caps without release of client 1.5? And whenever it does go back to trading does anyone know  or have any clue what it is likely to trade at? I assume it will take a big hit and likely be MUCH lower then last 0.0002 btc u think?
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 11:40:21 PM

Warning about my P2pool!

It is working ONLY locally, it means that everyone are mining for one default address (node owner)!
I just discovered that after few ppl start mining on my node and not get payout Sad

It can be used only for "local" mining, it will split payout between nodes but not between users on one node. So every node is count as one worker.

I`m very sorry for this, I just assumed that it is working in same way as for NVC :/

Looks like code need pubkey for payout address for every worker.
When I found way how to make it ill make update on git and new binary.
For now, if you want to mine in p2pool you NEED to launch own node and mine on it.
If you mine CAP on any other node (even using correct address as username) it will count to node owner anyway.

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:44:06 AM

If things remain good over the next days/weeks and continue to stay on track as they are is there any chance Cryptsy will re-enable trading of Caps without release of client 1.5? And whenever it does go back to trading does anyone know  or have any clue what it is likely to trade at? I assume it will take a big hit and likely be MUCH lower then last 0.0002 btc u think?

With the exception of the small sale I made recently, I plan on holding most of mine, and I'm a fairly big holder (several thousands), and I assume mullick plans to do so also, and he actually has an order up for 1k CAPs on my spreadsheet exchange. I don't think it will go much below .0002 as long as most of the bigger holders hold for a little while. Plus the CAP marketshare in BTC is rather small, it wouldn't take much to wall it off at .0002.
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:56:36 AM

With the exception of the small sale I made recently, I plan on holding most of mine, and I'm a fairly big holder (several thousands), and I assume mullick plans to do so also, and he actually has an order up for 1k CAPs on my spreadsheet exchange. I don't think it will go much below .0002 as long as most of the bigger holders hold for a little while. Plus the CAP marketshare in BTC is rather small, it wouldn't take much to wall it off at .0002.

I have a fair amount and do not plan on selling anytime soon. I believe it is undervalued and will go substantially higher. Might even buy some if it dips much.
fractalbc

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:57:29 AM

Warning about my P2pool!

Looks like code need pubkey for payout address for every worker.
When I found way how to make it ill make update on git and new binary.
For now, if you want to mine in p2pool you NEED to launch own node and mine on it.
If you mine CAP on any other node (even using correct address as username) it will count to node owner anyway.

Are you seeing a lot of

Code:

******* exception encountered *******
bottlecapsd[0x54f86c]
bottlecapsd[0x41e3bf]
bottlecapsd[0x49bb06]
bottlecapsd[0x49c2ad]
bottlecapsd[0x4ba127]
bottlecapsd[0x4ba2c1]
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.46.1(thread_proxy+0x69)[0x7f9454007ce9]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x7e9a)[0x7f945320ee9a]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(clone+0x6d)[0x7f9452729ccd]
ProcessMessages(ping, 0 bytes) : Exception 'CDataStream::read() : end of data' caught, normally caused by a message being shorter than its stated length
ProcessMessage(ping, 0 bytes) FAILED
on your bottlecapsd when running p2pool?

I am running the latest git pulls of both bottlecapsd and p2pool-cap on a 64 bit ubuntu box.

I did make sure to addnode=you in my config file so we are probably synced.
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:42:24 AM

http://cap.coinmine.pl still on right chain - hopefully it will remain there, but please set up withdrawal threshold to some reasonable value to get paid quickly and securely

feeleep

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:45:36 AM

I have a fair amount and do not plan on selling anytime soon. I believe it is undervalued and will go substantially higher. Might even buy some if it dips much.
I don't think it will go below that. The reason that the price has dropped to due to all of these problems accuring with it. Once it is fixed I belive the price should go up, maybe even to 0.001.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:26:55 PM

I don't think it will go below that. The reason that the price has dropped to due to all of these problems accuring with it. Once it is fixed I belive the price should go up, maybe even to 0.001.

It has also dropped, like all coins have, due to BTC rising in value. (Thus, it takes less coins to equal the same dollars for exchange.)

All coins still have a strong trade-tie to BTC, so they all do this. They do not all do it proportionally by value, or at once, but they all do it.

Simply stand your ground and don't settle for less, and take advantage of those crazy enough to sell for less, by buying them when they are listed low. They just saved you from having to mine them, to make money.

Also, the more coins there are to mine, for a better value, the less that it leaves any single coin to remain valuable. They don't understand that they are the reason the coins they earned never reach the value they mined them at, because they are hopping. Then they sell short and live with the losses, defeating the purpose of mining the coins in the first place. Again, their loss, not ours, if we swipe those cheap coins up.
paulsltc123

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

It too have several thousand coins and typically plan to sell half and hold half..I have around around 5-6 BTC worth if still around 0.0002 (5000 per btc)..I'm somewhere around 33k...but this delay in getting back on the exchange is getting lengthy and hopefully will be back soon...as well as getting the coin fixed finally.
Any possible date or timeframe on client 1.5 release?
I'm going to wait on mining again until finally fixed and also back on exchange..hopefully soon! But glad to hear that most think the value won't likely take a big hit if at all...glad to hear.

PS..obviously even to stay the same as before the exchange value should drop as BTC has been on big rise lately and trading at $120+ when it was in $80's when this started...So 0.000133 would be the same as .0002 in comparison of BTC being worth $120 compared to $80...(7500 coins per btc now compared to 5000 approx before)..
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 10:35:56 PM

It too have several thousand coins and typically plan to sell half and hold half..I have around around 5-6 BTC worth if still around 0.0002 (5000 per btc)..I'm somewhere around 33k...but this delay in getting back on the exchange is getting lengthy and hopefully will be back soon...as well as getting the coin fixed finally.
Any possible date or timeframe on client 1.5 release?
I'm going to wait on mining again until finally fixed and also back on exchange..hopefully soon! But glad to hear that most think the value won't likely take a big hit if at all...glad to hear.

Hopefully, the major update should hit in a few days.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:43:33 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 08:39:30 AM by mullick

1.4.3 will be released tonight just some code cleanup and more sync fixes. Will go a long way in helping here.

May be late tonight not sure when ill be home. But it will be tonight

I have some great news finally. Patches will be put out tomorrow along with a new client. More info on this as I get it out tomorrow but this is the fix we have been waiting for. Balthazar has been a great help today
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: