Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:24:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:38:46 PM

That was a fun night fighting bots... I am starting to wonder if it is Cryptsy's auto-sell, screwing up the bots... or just the bots screwing-up each-other.

The problem with the bots is there are so few people trading that they don't "pause". Just buying 1 coin makes them pause on the price-drop. Then they buy 1 coin from the high and one from the low, trying to manipulate the buy-price and chart... lol. (Which is odd, because they start selling high, then quickly start selling lower. Like they want less! lol. On the buy side, they are smart, and stay low longer. Thus, the merger below the 50% point of the spread.)

I made one mistake this morning, and that gave them the chance to destroy my ladder. lol. I removed a buy-wall, and they swiped-up all the coin-value from 0.000035 to 0.000015, and the idiot bots selling went from 0.000035 to 0.000020 faster than I could buy them. Like I said, it is like they want to sell them for less. (Moron bots. Needs a new programmer. Must be Cryptsy's auto-sell, guaranteeing you get the least value for your auto-sell, so they get more.)

Even in rising BTC, it didn't fall down back to the low. (That's a great sign.) Partly because I purchased most of their buying-power. lol. I made another 40,000 caps and 0.3 BTC off the bots last night. (Well, the bots and the ones mining and auto-selling to cash-out what they just mined.)

Still, the miners are up 150%, and the price is 2x the low or 100% more than the low. Going to do it all again tonight, with more BTC in play.

I like CryptoCap... sort-of... Sounds generic and stereotypical... like EnergyBar or SuperValue... (Nothing explains what the "CAP" is... (Not that it needs explaining.) But it could be CAP, as in LIMIT... Thus saying, Crypto Limit? The first thing that came to my mind was tales from the crypt too... Not Encryption.

I still believe having a slightly playful name, that is relatable and familiar (and known), is the most marketable idea. Thus, I am still sticking with Cappuccinos, or just Caps (Since I just call them Caps anyways). Tongue Until we can put this to a vote.

Don't we already have CryptoCoin, and CryoCoin and CryogenicCoin and enough _____Coin names? These aren't even coins! Tongue

By the way, I am going to let the price keep falling, to get more coins... until we do decide to change, or remain the same, and relaunch. (Thus, it will look like the relaunch doing the growth, from the charts perspective. No since wasting all that time for nothing, at this point. Especially trying to fight a rising BTC, which has the spotlight right now. Good time to do the thinking and creating. Until BTC settles-down. Release it now, as a new coin, and no-one will even notice.)

So keep buying them while they are low. While they are still low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:29:20 AM

I had an idea for marketing... One that would essentially nullify some of the trade-damage. However, due to the unique nature of it, I am going to keep it on an "in the know", level.

I stopped by the exchange and saw the bots chewed it up again. Tongue

Someone seems to be chewing them up too. Looks like some humans trading in there as-well.

One thing I will say, is that the name doesn't matter for my idea. Not only that, but it isn't limited to "just this coin". (Part of the reason I want to keep it under wraps until I have more things drawn-up, and connections. IMVU and SecondLife actually gave me the idea. Luckily, as I cashed-out my IMVU credits to buy more BTC to buy more CAP... lol... I got a minute to talk to my friends who are the resellers that run those exchanges. However, that's all I can say on that matter. Tongue)
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:19:04 PM

Would anyone feel offended if I asked approximately what their level of holdings and investments are?

I am trying to get an idea of the quantity of those with the larger holdings. Since, in essence, those are the ones I am going to be doing most of this work for. (Besides myself.)

If you are uncomfortable voicing this in public, you can send me a private message. (This information will be taken on trust, and be kept confidential. Since this is not an official survey. No personal information needs to be given.)

Also, beyond the name issue, and marketing/branding... In relation to the website, if you can offer anything in the way of graphics or artistic talent, please speak-up.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 04:08:21 PM

Would anyone feel offended if I asked approximately what their level of holdings and investments are?

I am trying to get an idea of the quantity of those with the larger holdings. Since, in essence, those are the ones I am going to be doing most of this work for. (Besides myself.)

If you are uncomfortable voicing this in public, you can send me a private message. (This information will be taken on trust, and be kept confidential. Since this is not an official survey. No personal information needs to be given.)

Also, beyond the name issue, and marketing/branding... In relation to the website, if you can offer anything in the way of graphics or artistic talent, please speak-up.
Pretty much nothing.
I lost a wallet with over 10k coins on a reformat, the backup didn't include it for some reason..  Sad

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
randayh

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:52:07 PM

Does CAP have a paper wallet?
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:43:27 PM

Does CAP have a paper wallet?

I don't know... Never looked.

I have an external QR-code generator and external address generator, but I don't think it is setup with the seed for CAPs. I'll see about getting that done. (Both PHP or web-based code.)

As for the paper-wallet... That requires the wallet to do the work, as only the wallet knows the 100+ addresses it creates. (Beyond the initial 100, I think, which are formulated. The next 100 are random-calculated and can't be "guessed". Thus, the importance of using only a few addresses and saving wallets. Which should be done automatically every few days/months. Just the wallet address data, not the actual transactions, since the tx's are all on the chain anyways.)

Again, this is going to require Mullicks assistance at the moment, because I don't compile in linux and it isn't clear how to compile on windows, to me. (I thought programs were supposed to make this crap easy, not more complex. lol. What can you expect from unseasoned compiling programs. Made by bots, for bots. Though, I am sure they are just not explaining it in non-bot well. I am only half-bot.)

I put up a few sell-walls, to ensure the price doesn't rise too fast to look like a pump-spike. However, at these lows, anything looks like a spike. I am buying all I can, and raising the bar of the bottom-line. So are the bots, and others. However, no-one has the balls to hit my highs, nor are they selling themselves short anymore. (By mining value-to-BTC.) However, they are only selling pennies, and trading 1/100th cents.

I am looking into building a bot of my own. An anti-bot-bot. Tongue

Cryptsy even started "breaking", when I was trying to buy coins the other day. Yet the bots had uninterrupted service. Thus, it was painful just trying to buy anything. I had to keep refreshing until the screen got unstuck from the "processing" wait-screen. His loss not mine. I got more cheaper that way. lol.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:11:43 AM

Anti-bot-bot seems to work rather well. Tongue

One guy got so frustrated, trying to manipulate the price lower, that he purchased all his own coins, down to his wall on the low-side. It was funny. (Then he instantly relisted them a position lower, thinking he was going to cause a panic-sell.)

Any-who... It seems there are two forces at work here...

People trying to drive it lower to buy them cheaper, which is actually good, if they intend to use them... But they are just re-listing them all higher, causing the cascade. I assume that person is also a miner, trying to drive the value down to ALSO cause the coin to be worthless to mine. (Thus, his miners get the majority of the mining and the "panic-sellers", discounted coins.)

There is a long-shot I am wrong... But, from the outside, looking-in... I say that is the issue. (I also noticed that coinchoose seems to purposely be reporting cryptsy's value of CAP short by 0.00001, making it look like it is only valued at 0.00001887, when it is actually strongly trading at 0.00002887. The other places all report the correct value, and the API reports the correct value, which he uses. Might be part of the problem/source. Again, that is pure speculation. I am sure he is just exactly 0.00001 off, randomly out of nowhere, for no reason, the whole time the diff has been falling and value has been falling to match the diff-value. Tongue Then again, all other cryptsy numbers are accurate, to the decimal.)

Any-who... lol. I am continuing to work on the baby-sitter-anti-bot-bot, and testing it on other coins. It doesn't do much of anything, other than piss-off manipulators and thwart the dumb bots. The smart bots still work fine. Even still, I don't want to cripple the dumb-bots, because they do still trade volume. So I am working on making that part less of an irritant.

In any event, we still need marketing, beyond chart-value, to increase chart-value. So keep thinking up ideas. Keep talking about the coin. Keep doing anything that would help make your investment regain value. (Nothing happens overnight, and it hasn't been over a year yet. So all hope is not lost. If you just expected the coin to make you millions, without some kind of effort, you need to re-think how you invest.)

I had to put the animation thing on pause. Due to bot-programming. Tongue

Any-other exchanges, besides cryptsy, where the coins are listed, that might need some "babysitting", to stop stupid bots from destroying their investments and ours, in the process of stupidity?
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 03:07:51 PM

There is a long-shot I am wrong... But, from the outside, looking-in... I say that is the issue. (I also noticed that coinchoose seems to purposely be reporting cryptsy's value of CAP short by 0.00001, making it look like it is only valued at 0.00001887, when it is actually strongly trading at 0.00002887. The other places all report the correct value, and the API reports the correct value, which he uses. Might be part of the problem/source. Again, that is pure speculation. I am sure he is just exactly 0.00001 off, randomly out of nowhere, for no reason, the whole time the diff has been falling and value has been falling to match the diff-value. Tongue Then again, all other cryptsy numbers are accurate, to the decimal.)

It could be my averaging calculation, but looking at the standing orders I do not think my calc should show a price greater than 0.00019 (since I look at the orders to a certain depth to prevent people / bots from putting high orders to inflate profitability)
Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:12:29 PM

Well my holdings atm are not very high I admit.  I currently only have 2000 Bottlecaps in my wallet.  I am trying my best with the Apocalypse Pete's store.  I am going to check the stores around here and add a few more cards, since the iTunes cards failed (Since I can only get ones for use in Canada).  I am thinking Google Play, Facebook, Karma Coin, and maybe a few others that I can see.  So far Apocalypse Pete's has had 2 orders, 1 that couldn't be filled because of the Canadian iTunes thing, the other failed because the guy wanted to use BTC, and I only want to take Bottlecaps, LTC, CGB or DGC.  I might add a few more currencies, but am hoping to push the alt currencies, not the big ones.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:21:33 PM

Mullick is still gone?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Entz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:40:49 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 07:53:21 PM by Entz

Gotta admit the name CryptoCAPs  does have a nice ring to it.

I have a relatively small holding as well ~12k. Sure there are some big players out there

Edit: Small change, forgot I sold a few Wink

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

Gotta admin the name CryptoCAPs   does have a nice ring to it.

I have a relatively small holding as well ~15k. Sure there are some big players out there
That's not such a small amount, compared to people who have none.  Tongue

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:13:56 AM

No number is too small. Smiley

However, there are some of us with $1000's invested virtually. Since I am pushing another $2000 into this... I want it to have the greatest impact where it is needed. At the moment, that translates into simply buying as many coins as possible, for use to sell, off-market.

On a side note...

Active trading now seems around 0.00002200 to 0.00002600, and climbing, slowly. (Climbing slow is good. It allows the miners to come back, and consider holding, while letting the market, of buyers, increase to match production. Less with BTC on the rise... Dampening my efforts.)

Now all we need to do is focus on the name, so we can then focus on the marketing. While we work that "textual correction" into the "your fees are for supporting the ..." notice, and get the paper-wallet and QR codes setup. I would still like to hear more input from those holding, and those thinking about holding. (Not that I am not interested in miners, but miners mine for value, and we don't need a swarm of miners coming in, at the moment, without the volume-value first.)

When this gets-going, I will be buying coins at-listed prices, to charge the cards and accounts. Thus, I will not be using my actual coins to charge the cards. However, when it comes to cashing-in, that will be done off-exchange, to limit pushing the price down. EG, I don't want people cashing-in in lump-sums, which will hurt the exchange value. (Using my anti-bot-bot. lol. Which is doing a decent job drinking-up all these low coins that no-one seems to want to buy at the listed prices. It will be auto-adjusting with the BTC value and USD value, and avoiding buying when too high, or when others are buying. Since the point of the bot is to fill the silent gaps that drive the "perception" of value down.)
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:18:16 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 01:50:40 PM by ISAWHIM

POST REMOVED BY POSTER

REASON: Because it is becoming a reality... lol. (Copyrights following)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:02:40 PM

just wanted to let you guys know, BottleCaps is accepted on my store @ http://www.cryptogamekeys.com Smiley
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:23:22 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 01:48:50 PM by ISAWHIM

just wanted to let you guys know, BottleCaps is accepted on my store @ http://www.cryptogamekeys.com Smiley

How do we pay with CAP coins? There is no pay-selection, or link to the payment-processor...

Don't forget to add the link to the CoinPayments.net site... (As opposed to just saying in a graphic-image.)

"Alt coin payments accepted through CoinPayment.net" <--- at-least, as a searchable text link, or google has a hard time seeing your shop as valid for alt-coin payments. (That also improves search-rankings, since it is crypto-coin-relevant by back-links.)

Might also want to explain what the "C" thing is... I am not sure what currency that is, but CAP is mostly USD holders. Might want a USD option/price. If that is a foreign currency, those purchases might not be valid to USA holders, as things like x-box-live cards seem to be country-specific.

Also, explain what coins CoinPayments.net uses... Eg, CAP, BTC, LTC, FTC, PCX... (By the way, you know you can use your cryptsy account as a payment gateway to accept any coin, right... Using the API and your account information for the deposits.)
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:57:58 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 03:09:38 PM by ISAWHIM

Anyone sell bottlecaps for cash?

I don't think I saw anywhere to actually purchase bottlecaps. (Again, this leads back to the name issue, I imagine. Hard trying to convince someone that 1000 bottlecaps for $10.00 is not 1000 actual caps from bottles, for $10.00.)

I'll sell 1000 CAPs for $10.00 USD. No BTC exchange hassle. 2000 for $19.00.
Would be 900 and 1800 in a few weeks, for those same prices. Tongue

I think we should just call them "CAP". Thus, plural would be CAPs, and we still refer to them as cap-coins, which is sufficient, though stereotypical to being classic in name. (Digital-Caps, I suppose, would work too, as long as the bottle-cap branding was removed and replaced with something-else. With CAP being reference to "Limit", or "Apex", Digital-Limits, Digital-Apex... Upper bounds.)

In any event, before I go forward with this whole market, I need to know what we want for branding image, for marketing.

We need an official poll, with the ability to add suggestions. (Not a forum-poll.)

We still have a while longer, operating under the shadow of BTC's new-found price-hike fame. Tongue
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:22:42 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:42:30 AM by ISAWHIM

I answered my own question... There is no way to get account info without talking to a daemon.

I just have to get a fixed-IP for my other server, or use a DNS-updater. (For when it changes.)

Almost ready to add another service to CAPs. Just going to wait for the name issue to be resolved, before I continue.

Also, seems "Bottle" is more related to "Baby" than "Soda". Soda-caps and Beer-caps and Water-caps are not what is though-of when you say bottle-caps. That is another common thing I keep hearing when talking to random strangers about CAPs.

So, my final suggestion is now "CAPs", or "Digital-Caps", or "Cap-Coins", in that order of desire...

I threw-out "pop-caps" and "soda-caps", because that didn't help the image, when I suggested it to others in the public. I also got mixed responses from "Cappuccinos", as a currency name. Though, they all still liked the idea.

The biggest concern wasn't "Where do I cash them in", it was, "Where do I buy them". To this, I had no response to offer, due to the lengthy way to actually get them through shady, risky or complex methods. They didn't even ask how-much, just how...

ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:50:29 PM

If someone wants to work on a paper-wallet, who knows what they are doing... Here is the link to BitCoins Javascript Paper-wallet, which was converted into a MinCoins Javascript Paper-wallet. (Warning, there is a lot of code to digest here. Also, it uses self-contained PNGs, as code. This allows it to run 100% as an html file on your desktop, without contacting the web for images or data. EG, you can run this offline.)

"Open Source JavaScript Client-Side MinCoin Wallet Generator"
GITHUB: https://github.com/stevenh512/minaddress.org
FILE:    bitaddress.org.html

DEMO: http://www.minaddress.org/

NOTES: This code can be easily modified to use with any HTML. I believe it simply needs the SEED changed and the VALID REGEX checking, along with the TEST ADDRESSES, to be used for CAP. (With the obvious textual changes, in the three languages, English, Spanish and French.)

If anyone does modify this, please throw it up as a branch to the original, or a branch to this one.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:59:21 PM

Also... More resources I am playing with...

(This is great for website payments, for those who have QR-Code scanner programs. Or for creating manual paper-wallets with the information from your wallet.)
PHP QR Code generator:
http://phpqrcode.sourceforge.net/

(Does not have CAP added to it. If you modify the other code, please modify this code too. Can be used for vanity-address generation.)
PHP Coin addresses generator:
GITHUB: https://github.com/zamgo/PHPCoinAddress
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: