Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 07:48:41 PM

I'm synced with 8 connections but not much of a team left here.   I don't think we have any other social media besides cryptocity (no discord, telegram).

The winds have been out of a lot of people's sails in crypto and a lot of good small projects are barely holding on. 

I've not been able to devote much time in the last year because the trading or even staking has not been profitable.   I just about finished writing a book about staking which I believe is still releasable but have had to do other things for work. 

We may be able to get this coin on some DEX's for free.  Check my history for my last started thread on that.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2020, 11:54:09 PM

I'm sad to say this but I have given up on this project and just left my wallet closed for the past month. This was a great coin to stake and still is but with no active dev team and no exchanges to trade on, there is no point in having my wallet open to stake unless things change.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 08:03:36 AM

I'm sad to say this but I have given up on this project and just left my wallet closed for the past month. This was a great coin to stake and still is but with no active dev team and no exchanges to trade on, there is no point in having my wallet open to stake unless things change.

Still traded, just no buyers at the moment.

https://freiexchange.com/market/CAP/BTC

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2020, 11:23:13 PM

I've never heard of this exchange before, thanks for letting me know. There won't be any buyers as not a lot of people know about this coin as its been out of the spotlight for years now. Cryptopia going down didn't help this coin as that's where all the trading volume was and many people knew about CAPS but it seems that most of the community has left.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2020, 04:05:26 AM

I've never heard of this exchange before, thanks for letting me know. There won't be any buyers as not a lot of people know about this coin as its been out of the spotlight for years now. Cryptopia going down didn't help this coin as that's where all the trading volume was and many people knew about CAPS but it seems that most of the community has left.

I've used the exchange for about two years.  There are 1 sat buy orders, so the price now is 2 Sat.  I mentioned Bottlecaps in a book on staking that I wrote.  The problem is I haven't made any money in crypto in the last two years and had lost interest in the book.  We need a crypto 2.0, one based more on building from the ground up (mining/staking) not expecting to get gilded by Wall Street.

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2020, 11:30:51 PM

I've used the exchange for about two years.  There are 1 sat buy orders, so the price now is 2 Sat.  I mentioned Bottlecaps in a book on staking that I wrote.  The problem is I haven't made any money in crypto in the last two years and had lost interest in the book.  We need a crypto 2.0, one based more on building from the ground up (mining/staking) not expecting to get gilded by Wall Street.

Thanks mate, Its good to know that the exchange has been around for a while and that people here are using it. I started up my CAPS wallet just now and I'm getting a message something about a blockchain checkpoint, can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2020, 04:33:34 PM

Thanks mate, Its good to know that the exchange has been around for a while and that people here are using it. I started up my CAPS wallet just now and I'm getting a message something about a blockchain checkpoint, can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

That's a common error you can just plow through and the wallet will work fine.

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2020, 11:47:28 PM

That's a common error you can just plow through and the wallet will work fine.

Thanks mate, I just synced and now its not showing up so I guess this pops up every now and then with the wallet.

I haven't staked in a while so I should earn the max amount of stakes for each input I have as I have set several in puts so that I could earn more stakes.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 04:15:24 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2020, 05:29:48 PM by paramind22

My wallet had a little bit of a problem which was easily fixed.  I hit Repair Wallet and left it alone for a while.  It seems to needed to be stopped as I didn't check on it for a day or two.  I closed the wallet in task manager and restarted it and it is synching. 

vella85

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 11:35:05 PM

My wallet had a little bit of a problem which was easily fixed.  I hit Repair Wallet and left it alone for a while.  It seems to needed to be stopped as I didn't check on it for a day or two.  I closed the wallet in task manager and restarted it and it is synching. 

Thanks for the tip mate as I've always wanted to know how to do a wallet repair with this wallet but was scared that I would mess it up and lose all my coins. I know you have been a long time supporter of this coin as it was because of you I got into CAPS so do you think this project has a future with no dev team working on the project?

paramind22

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 06:50:40 PM

Thanks for the tip mate as I've always wanted to know how to do a wallet repair with this wallet but was scared that I would mess it up and lose all my coins. I know you have been a long time supporter of this coin as it was because of you I got into CAPS so do you think this project has a future with no dev team working on the project?

I didn't realize that Tranz would disappear from the project.  He's working with Hobonickels. 

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 11:41:55 PM

I didn't realize that Tranz would disappear from the project.  He's working with Hobonickels. 

Its just that we haven't seen any update in a long time so that is why I thought that there was no dev team here. Maybe a new wallet would be good to have as this old one is out of date and maybe something fresh will help the project out a little.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 07:21:04 PM

I am staking Mintcoin (on 4 exchanges, 5% return) and Hobonickels (one exchange but 27 sat, high return).  Also, Neblio.  I haven't had good luck with Bottlecaps wallet lately. 

sousukecz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 03:01:20 AM

Hi everyone,
I was planning buy some caps, but now I see all nodes are probably off, any informations?
Is it possible for anyone to setup a new node? I could ask my friend, he has access to one small ISP data center and have one linux machine there.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 05:16:57 PM

Hi everyone,
I was planning buy some caps, but now I see all nodes are probably off, any informations?
Is it possible for anyone to setup a new node? I could ask my friend, he has access to one small ISP data center and have one linux machine there.

That would be good.  Thanks.  I just know that the wallet is up and running now but could use that support. 

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 12:59:40 PM

Hi everyone,

You just have to add more nodes to your config. There is no issues syncing the wallet. There have been listed nodes in this thread multiple times before.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2020, 01:48:46 AM

I have been staking fine. 

paramind22

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 12:17:16 AM

Well, wallet crashed and the blockchain got corrupted.  Anyone upload a bootstrap?  I believe you can make one by selecting "detach database at shutdown" and that should make a portable install.  Just remove your wallet.dat.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 08:33:16 PM

Hard to get it sync.  If anyone's holding any coins, it would be good to start taking care of this project.

vella85

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 10:50:14 PM

Hard to get it sync.  If anyone's holding any coins, it would be good to start taking care of this project.

I hope for the same mate as I have been having trouble syncing my wallet for a while now like I mentioned a couple of months ago. I do eventually get it to sync but then it stops as I lose connections so I'm guessing that there ain't many staking CAPS anymore and it seems that the team ain't active here.

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: