Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockShow Asia in Singapore (29th November) and other events...worth it?  (Read 273 times)
Michaelsch (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:52:28 AM

I have some money I want to "invest" in my education in blockchain... I'm going to Singapore soon and found interesting conference there at the end of November. It's BlockShow 2017 (https://blockshowasia.com). Tickets are expensive and I'm trying to understand if it worth it. I think all these big events with cool speakers are really good opportunity to have some really meaningful insights and it is also good for networking. What do you think guys? Anybody going there? Have you been before to some of the big blockchain conferences?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:01:32 AM

if you find it really expensive for you then don't go for it , you can learn for free about crypto here in the forums and using youtube
I think conferences are more as an entertainment rather than educational , cause honestly you can find anything you want to learn about online
the conference may be fun and you may make some new friends there , but as I said if you find it really expensive then it's not worth it I guess
Futureblnr

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:13:33 AM

if you find it really expensive for you then don't go for it , you can learn for free about crypto here in the forums and using youtube
I think conferences are more as an entertainment rather than educational , cause honestly you can find anything you want to learn about online
the conference may be fun and you may make some new friends there , but as I said if you find it really expensive then it's not worth it I guess

If it's really expensive for you, so yes, don't do.. but I would not agree that conferences are just entertainment.. here on this forum you will hardly find so many experts and will hardly hear interesting and supported by experience thoughts about the industry and about future of crypto... So I would say it's cool! And about the BlockShow I've heard a lot of good things
Michaelsch (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:22:53 AM

UPD: I found a 30% discount on the ticket... Do you think for this discounted price it worth it? Could you please share your opinion if you have experience going to the forums and conferences in this industry.

btw promo I found is code "VIP30" if somebody needs it.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:49:35 AM

The price of $3,389 for a 2 days conference explorers ticket is expensive. I found the option for student at $100 which is more worth it if you are one. IMO, you are able to learn about blockchain and crypto online for free. Unless it is for the networking session, I myself don’t find it worth to attend. 
Bloody Mary

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:19:57 AM

The price of $3,389 for a 2 days conference explorers ticket is expensive. I found the option for student at $100 which is more worth it if you are one. IMO, you are able to learn about blockchain and crypto online for free. Unless it is for the networking session, I myself don’t find it worth to attend. 

I agree that you are able to learn for free, but it's a different kind of learning... it's like understanding of the bigger picture, where the industry is going to move...to hear what experts think and their takeaways from the experience, it's not the same that read the info on the forum! I've looked briefly on their website and I think it's a great conference! Go there if you have money! I'm sure it will be amazing!
bitcoincollector03

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:36:18 AM

I have some money I want to "invest" in my education in blockchain... I'm going to Singapore soon and found interesting conference there at the end of November. It's BlockShow 2017 (https://blockshowasia.com). Tickets are expensive and I'm trying to understand if it worth it. I think all these big events with cool speakers are really good opportunity to have some really meaningful insights and it is also good for networking. What do you think guys? Anybody going there? Have you been before to some of the big blockchain conferences?

This is costly for 2 days,If its your first time then just join and count it as experience, otherwise check some youtube videos about blockchain conference and youll get an idea of the setup. Experiencing will be good
CryptosD

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:34:15 AM

This is costly for 2 days,If its your first time then just join and count it as experience, otherwise check some youtube videos about blockchain conference and youll get an idea of the setup. Experiencing will be good

It's a good advice to check Youtube videos about the conferences to understand the setup! Do it! And it you like it go there! I would go there 100%, I just can't, I need to work next week
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:09:59 AM

I'm out! I'd rather use that money to partially finance my planned mining operation. I can barely digest the tons of information I'm getting in forums.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: