Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:36:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Won BTC Cash battle?  (Read 1245 times)
johntradez

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:37:09 PM

Bitcoin finished Bitcoin Cash Mortal Kombat style
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:38:18 PM

He won this battle from the beginning, the changes in the bitcoin code, the first cryptocurrency, must have full support for the community and provided as softforks, rather than hardforks
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:45:59 PM

Personally, I really hoping BCH go to 1 sat and comes to end because BCH makes bitcoin flawed so It allows the miners to flip-flop between coins at any time, so it's the miners that set the pump and dumps. But currently, BCH not yet comes to end, I'm expecting more pump and dump in the future.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:48:34 PM

Apparently it did. I have not doubt a bit that bitcoin will recover and will continue to be famous as the current and future coin ever made. Aside from its the first coin used, it keeps telling us that no matter how many coins are improved, the original asset will win.
I think that newbies and new investors are just worried that is why they panic sell. I still consider bcash being used as a scam to trick others for their own benefits.
I see no competion, I see insecurities.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:16:10 PM

990 is still high. I will consider victory when it goes below 200.
Yeah the bitcoin is now having the huge status and the bitcoin is the best price at this time, the bitcoin is the best currency and no one can beat the bitcoin circle because the bitcoin is having the huge surface and the high value of the time I am increasing the use the more bitcoin will get in the short time investment and the high profit is going to happen in the bitcoin I hope the future of the bitcoin is now bright.
cryptoivan85

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:37:02 PM

Battle? It wasn't a battle, it was hysteria from some newbies when some whales pumped that altcoin

Bitcoin cash is just a pump and dump altcoin, the only thing you can do with bitcoin cash is make a quick buck, hit and run

It can never compete with bitcoin
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:50:08 PM

So it appears bitcoin has won against its strongest nemesis as of yet, and quite convincingly too. Bitcoin Cash going back towards under $1000 whereas bitcoin reaching new heights surpassing 8K.

I'd like to think this means Bitcoin has "won" but that was just one battle. It looks like Bitmain still isn't selling any of their mined BCH, so I think we can assume that this war will continue. If Roger Ver and Jihan Wu intended for it to collapse after one frenzied evening of pumping, they wouldn't leave Bitmain holding the bag. These guys aren't stupid..... I think they're plotting their next move.

Their master plan depends on low supply on exchanges. Even though there are 16.8 million BCH in circulation, probably only ~1-2% of that (if that) actually trades on the exchanges. This makes it much easier for them to prop the price up than people think, especially when they are leveraging no-fee exchanges to give the appearance of high volume trading.

If the selling pressure hasn't dried up yet with that dip to the $800s, I'm guessing that the Bcash supporters will make a stand in the $600s. Then we'll probably see another pump attempt. I'm a contrarian trader, so when bitcoiners are celebrating the death of Bcash, I'll probably be buying it for a short term trade.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:57:55 PM

Despite the fact that the original bitcoin again recovered in its former high cost, and bitcoin cash dropped to less than $ 1000, I think that the main battle between them is yet to come. Bitcoin has not yet solved his problem with low transaction bandwidth. While bitcoin cash does not have such a problem. The original bitcoin still enjoys its popularity and holds for as long as inertia. However, if his problems are not resolved, it will end badly for him.

Some might use the expression that 'bitcoin has won the battle but not the war' - this will last for a long time to come as long as, as you mentioned, bitcoin does not resolve its issues. The longer these go on then the more strength bitcoin cash will gain, as will some other alt coins. Bitcoin however still remains so bullish that it can almost sweep aside these problems (in terms of price growth) and continue onwards. For now we wait patiently and watch to see how things unfold but I do not feel that we have seen the last of this.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:09:55 AM

Didn't someone in one of these BTC vs BCH  battle/war threads figure out that Ver (or maybe another whale) had moved a massive quantity of coins to one of the Korean exchanges?
I'd be curious to know the status of that.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:10:26 AM

Bitcoin s now back in track from tge recent dip that it had experienced. I think btc will continue to reach high peaks and can reach $8000 before the year ends. Wth bitcoin cash i don't keep it can keep up with the current price pump of btc, I wonder what Roger Ver next action with this altcoin.
thecodebear

Activity: 2142
Merit: 825

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:11:33 AM

I can't believe anyone thinks this is a battle other than BCH diehards. How is it a battle when it is Bitcoin versus some altcoin that is barely used on-chain and is just used as a pump and dump coin on exchanges? That's not a battle. No matter how much BCH loonies say it's the real Bitcoin, it isn't, its just a random altcoin using the "Bitcoin" name to gain attention. If it didn't have "Bitcoin" in the name no one would care about it. BCH is not a coin to be taken seriously. The idea that it is in some battle with bitcoin is a complete joke.

Let's not forget that probably most BCH is tied up in Coinbase and users can't get access to it until January 1st. What do you think is gonna happen then? I know what I'm doing and what I'm sure a lot of people will be doing, selling BCH for more BTC. No point keeping a coin that has no future when I could just get more Bitcoin for it.
EDWARD78

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:32:53 AM

The smartest thing the BCH folks did was name their coin similarly to BITCOIN. And that’s where the similarities end. Pump n dump vs billions and billions in market cap. It’s cute.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:12:54 AM

I think there's too much investment in bitcoin for it to ever fail. The big holders who have been around forever wouldn't allow it to happen.

That plus its foundation will keep it #1.

Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 02:15:53 AM

I don't think that there was any battle between bitcoin vs bitcoin casg.Battle only happened two same ability's team but we all know that Bitcoin is the boss of all crypto currency.So bitcoin can easily beat anyone in this path

smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:20:07 AM

I think that bitcoin won the battle.  Wink Bitcoin is bitcoin no coin can challenge it so far. Bitcoin cash is just 1000-1300$ and bitcoin is 7000$. So there is no battle between btc and bch. It's only a pump and dump. We should enjoy it by ourselves. 
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:29:36 AM

Yes,it seems that bitcoin has almost won the battle against BCH.But it seems that Roger ver and his team are still struggling to avoid the humiliating defeat against bitcoin.That's why,they are still pumping it to stand at the price of $1,000.But at the same time,bitcoin price has much progressed and reached $7,908.But still,the final knock out has not been given to BCH and we would have to wait for some more time to taste the victory.
Thing is though, everyone knows for sure it's a Roger Ver pump now. Everytime he tries it people know it won't stick so fewer people buy in. The propaganda battle was lost when people saw right through it and each attack also costs a shitload of money. Which means every attack gets weaker.

There's also been some encouraging news tweeted out by Charlie Lee concerning the lightning network, meaning they don't have much time.

As someone noted above, some exchanges will soon release their BCH, leading to a huge dump and at least one isn't giving customers the option, they'll dump it for them.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:35:49 AM

Despite the fact that the original bitcoin again recovered in its former high cost, and bitcoin cash dropped to less than $ 1000, I think that the main battle between them is yet to come. Bitcoin has not yet solved his problem with low transaction bandwidth. While bitcoin cash does not have such a problem. The original bitcoin still enjoys its popularity and holds for as long as inertia. However, if his problems are not resolved, it will end badly for him.

The real battle for Bitcoin is not actually with BitCoinCash but with itself...or to say it better within the Bitcoin community itself. It has been too long but people who are given the power to decide on what to do with the scaling problem have not come up with a lasting solution. Many are saying that this is actually beyond technical but more of a political in nature as they could not unite themselves and in fact this the reason why there is a hard fork unlike what we have seen in the latest Ethereum upgrade which did not produce another altcoin in the process. BitCoinCash just came into the battle scene when the people behind it saw an opportunity to push Bitcoin after the cancellation of the SegWit2x. Had there been a good and acceptable solution, Bitcoin could have been flying into the moon and beyond the stars right now. We are all hoping that self-vested interests would not anymore be the primordial force in Bitcoin.
uartasic

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:41:12 AM

even worse road ahead for BitCHcash

there was no way it would have and can prevail over Bitcoin without manipulation, blatant at that and underhanded tactics, could argue are one and the same.

as its a wart on Bitcoins arse, going into 2018 will be even more interesting.

any outsider will see the original, Bitcoin, but then the ones jumping on the bandwagon will be, and are very cynical when they start to see:

Bitcoin Cash,
Bitcoin Gold,
Bitcoin Silver,
Bitcoin Diamond,
Bitcoin Super,

etc etc etc, copy paste copy paste copy paste....where does it end???

very clear they intend to gain momentum and more importantly profit from the "Bitcoin" name.

when you paint a turd gold, its not gold, its still a turd underneath.

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
redcrystal

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:47:30 AM

Well today BTC is going down and BCH up, so why say anyone has won anything? The whole market fluctuates so much. Who is the real winner and loser?
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:56:47 AM

For this recent battle, yes bitcoin won over btc cash. It can't defeat the bitcoin as this moment. And for sure many attemps will still come trying to overtake the bitcoin but i think they will not succeed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: