Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:31:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EXN 1 to 1 token swap  (Read 659 times)
SilverStars (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:22:22 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 03:56:15 PM by SilverStars

Hello all,

So the events that have happened with EXN were a nightmare.
Alot of people invested into a project that we thought had great potential but it came down to an incompetent founder.

There have been a lot of ideas being passed around to keep this project alive and get it back on track.

Lets start with the facts.

1. Since updating the EXN twitter on November 8th that the exchange would be launched in "2 to 3 days" the founder hasn't been able to be contacted, and the ExchangeN website has gone offline.

2. The devs also got screwed over for the 800k EXN they were owed, talking with one of the dev's he has interest in helping to revive the project the correct way

3. There were a lot of shady members in the original EXN community and going forward there won't be any of those members.

At this point we are trying to put together a solid community and gather ideas for going forward. One of the ideas was to utilize EXN being on an exchange already and rebuild the project the correct way. This would help current EXN holders as the old tokens would be swapable at a 1 to 1 rate for the new token and help new investors with confidence knowing the old founder is out of the picture.

The possibilities are endless if we do this correct.

The original founder never really made it clear what the utility of the EXN token would be, and I think we have to factor that in to give the token a form of value going forward.

One way of doing that would be to build an exchange around EXN tokens and either use the tokens for fees or pay a return based on the success of EXN.

Some ideas that have be presented so far are

1. A crypto exchange that fills niche markets. To date very few people on the planet know about crypto currencies and bitcoin, there are plenty of niche markets that need to be filled to bring awareness to crypto. EXN could help do that. Make it easy for people to buy bitcoin instead of explaining 10 steps to turn there fiat into BTC we could make a one stop shop of sorts.

2. A crypto exchange that also offers leverage trading and pays the returns to EXN token holders as a reward.

3. Your ideas here.

I see this as a great opportunity if we get the right people involved.

I think it would be a great idea if we set up a donation wallet to get the devs on board and ensure that they get paid.

There have been projects in the past that have been revived in this way such as eBTC.

I want to keep this community positive and keep FUD and arguing out of it, they will get us nowhere fast.

Dev Donation Wallet Address if you want to help contribute, it would be greatly appreciated, but don't feel obligated

53cc7c503fd591c71c9bb0e7f6c2b0498c9fa494e78d2a4da8759e8b486d880a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SilverStars (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:48:00 PM

My condolences,EXN dead....or scam as you like more.What is the reason for reviving this project?Reputation is spoiled.......Say R.I.P. and make a new project,without name EXN.With old devs,if they not a scamers.Good luck.

The founder was the weak link in the original project. I have spoken to the one dev quite a bit over the past week, and he seems like the same kind of person as me. Genuine and wanting to help people.

The reason for using the existing EXN token is because it had a great following and community minus a few bad apples. Also the token is already listed on a reputable exchange so we can take advantage of that and help speed the process up.

The original idea was for an exchange alone but there was never any mention of token utility in the white paper.

Many people see bad, I see opportunity.

I have no interest in scamming anyone and would love the chance to make this a successful project and add utility to the token so token holders get some sort of long term value.

Later on once we have a stronger community we could loose the name ExchangeN all together.

I am open to ideas, thoughts, help. Anything to contribute. What I am not interested in is scamming another human being so I can get ahead. I am not interested in FUD.

There are to many projects hidden behind a veil of secrecy in crypto, and I would love to avoid that going forward.

The crypto community as a whole is not going to thrive when everyone associates scam with it.

As of right now we are working on ideas, and putting a team together with who can do what.

Once we have an idea of exactly what we want out of this project, we can write a white paper and build a website. I don't want to build a website and later retrace promises. The FUD stops here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: