Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-17] American Investors to “HODL” Bitcoin Until Price Hits $196,000  (Read 1973 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:27:23 AM

LendEdu commissioned a survey in November 2017 of 564 Americans who had invested in Bitcoin. This survey focused on American Bitcoin investors and their sentiments. In 2015, 65% of Americans surveyed didn't know what Bitcoin was. The questions asked in the survey ranged from their reasons for investing in Bitcoin to when they would sell all their Bitcoins.

The average price at which the survey respondents said that they will sell all their Bitcoins is $196,166 per Bitcoin. This represents 30x the value of Bitcoin prevailing at the time of the survey. It is to be noted that this is the price at which the respondents will sell all their Bitcoins. Almost a third (32.62%) have sold some of their Bitcoins since they started investing.

Most of the respondents plan to hold their Bitcoins at least one year, with only 16.49% planning to sell sooner than that. According to the survey, 21% of Bitcoin investors plan to hold on to their coins for at least seven years, and 11.7% say they will hold the currency for 10 years or longer.
More here...

It is actually safe to say that this is the same sentiment on this forum and elsewhere and this is the reason why Bitcoin has become like the speculative tool more than being a currency. And since we all have the right on what to do with something we own, then let it be. Speculation can further push the value of Bitcoin higher and higher...

I can sense that as we are about to end the year, Bitcoin will move further into the $10K threshold and by next year it can surge so high to an unprecedented level as the demand for Bitcoin would astronomically polevault.

What about you...how much is the price where you think you would love to let go of your Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:52:00 AM

I wouldn't cash out of bitcoin entirely the same way I wouldn't "cash out" of USD entirely...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:58:46 AM

A logical strategy. I really hope that bitcoin will be improved and even after 10 years we are not profitable to sell the coins. I just concerned at attempts by different governments to control the circulation of bitcoin. My opinion is that it will attempt to attack bitcoin. The government is not afraid of the bitcoin scares them the economic freedom of citizens.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:02:29 PM

A logical strategy. I really hope that bitcoin will be improved and even after 10 years we are not profitable to sell the coins. I just concerned at attempts by different governments to control the circulation of bitcoin. My opinion is that it will attempt to attack bitcoin. The government is not afraid of the bitcoin scares them the economic freedom of citizens.

Not sure I follow this statement... agree that bitcoin continues to improve, but not sure what you're saying about 10 years and profitability...

Fold for spending BTCs

bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:11:15 PM

As long as every bitcoiners stay believing and spreading the word how bitcoin change they’re life from good to better is enough proof of its existence and profitability at that range. HODLing is nothing but an attempt to save what you trust and selling it cheaper is like betraying your own self(not all, but those with little cash to used for survival is excerpted) but those with big investors that has more cash that selling bitcoin is not badly needed and doing so is insanely unreasonable.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

As long as every bitcoiners stay believing and spreading the word how bitcoin change they’re life from good to better is enough proof of its existence and profitability at that range. HODLing is nothing but an attempt to save what you trust and selling it cheaper is like betraying your own self(not all, but those with little cash to used for survival is excerpted) but those with big investors that has more cash that selling bitcoin is not badly needed and doing so is insanely unreasonable.

I like it!

Fold for spending BTCs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: