Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please be careful while using different wallet Services  (Read 223 times)
slackcryptoz (OP)

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:32:19 AM

Today got an junk mail, it landed in a page. To my luck found that's insecure which exactly resembles the trusted service provider

One that I got in the Junk

The trusted Page

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:54:34 AM

Thanks for letting us know Smiley Everybody has to watch out not to lose their coins.

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:56:51 AM

Always check green address and avoid clicking spam links. A lot of lazy hackers and scammers now are doing everything just to get easy money. Enabling 2fa verification is better, never give them any single dime and always be vigilant.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:28:48 AM

These kind of phishing sites are hundreds in numbers nowadays, so it is always better to check the url properly before you enter your password and user details. I remember, I had fallen prey for such a phishing attack back in 2008. I used to have Liberty Reserve account for my blog payments. Suddenly I got an email stating that my account has been blocked due to repeated failed login attempts and need to re-login from the link sent to the email. So I blindly did the same and lost almost 240 USD which was lying idle in my account. Thanks for the info, it may save a lot of newbie people from such attacks.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Vastraint

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:51:47 AM

Today got an junk mail, it landed in a page. To my luck found that's insecure which exactly resembles the trusted service provider

One that I got in the Junk

The trusted Page

I hate people making a fake website almost similar or I can say perfectly similar to those who are trusted website. There are a lot of them in internet, some are also like currency exchange websites and some of them are advertising their sites through social media, so don't be fooled by words, graphics, pics. etc., they can't be trusted. Hence always look at the website address, because even without proper knowledge you can easily say if the site is trusted.

ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:52:11 AM

We should all take care of our investments, specifically bitcoins, there is a reason why we use 2FA to protext our wallet, there will always be phishing sites, wherein if you are not careful enough, they might get hold of you private keys, always check om the sites wherein you are trading or opening your online wallets, if it looks suspicious, do not input any details, also install antiviruses in your device, be it a desktop or mobile phone, it is much better if you are well prottected, since our investments is digital, hackers wil also imprpve the way they make codes, we should be two steps ahead of them always.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:26:52 PM

Old tactics of the hackers since the old days and still some people got fallen for their deceiving tricks that once you've entered your credentials there it is game over seeing your balance went from full to zero, even other online wallets have their Phishing websites scam and hack so the awareness must spread to the newbies not just in crypto but by the internet world always check and look the right URL don't just enter your logins or private keys right away or else you will full the pockets of the hackers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: