Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is "whattomine.com" owned by Nicehash?? ALwasy on TOP but this scam pays shit  (Read 1971 times)
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:24:40 AM

Nicehash do exactly as advertised. Never had any issues at all with them. The payouts were always within a reasonable margin compared to whattomine and they are almost never on top as it calculates fees too, which are harsh on the small miners.

For GPU, yes. For ASICS, depends. The L3+ is almost constantly more profitable on Nicehash than anywhere else according to whattomine.

This is a clarification, not a complaint. Nicehash pays out quite well for my L3.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:24:44 AM

This topic is about whattomine placing nicehash and nicehash is a scam and scams like nicehash should never be on whattomine.

You having an issue with Nicehash does not make it a scam - and you REFUSING to learn anything about it makes YOU a scam.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:26:26 AM

Nicehash do exactly as advertised. Never had any issues at all with them. The payouts were always within a reasonable margin compared to whattomine and they are almost never on top as it calculates fees too, which are harsh on the small miners.

For GPU, yes. For ASICS, depends. The L3+ is almost constantly more profitable on Nicehash than anywhere else according to whattomine.

This is a clarification, not a complaint. Nicehash pays out quite well for my L3.

My A2 farm has spent 2-3 months straight pointed at Nicehash, as the payouts have consistantly been higher than mining anything else directly on Scrypt - even after factoring in the "loss" of getting switched around frequently by the marketplace and the Nicehash fee structure.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
greyday

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:58:03 AM

My A2 farm has spent 2-3 months straight pointed at Nicehash, as the payouts have consistantly been higher than mining anything else directly on Scrypt - even after factoring in the "loss" of getting switched around frequently by the marketplace and the Nicehash fee structure.

I keep WANTING to switch back over to LinX or LiteCoin (especially LC) because I do think both coins will grow in value eventually, but right now I'm just trying to pay off the cards I used to buy my new GPU rig, and the L3+ is helping for your exact reason, it just keeps earning more daily, and since I'll be cashing it out before too long (and Bitcoin keeps going up in value anyway)...
bitmagic1984

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:43:18 AM

Nicehash Fee
Payouts for balances less than 0.1 to external BTC wallet (4%)

(4%)  Angry Daily

Do you know if any other mining server which accepts Litecoin ?
greyday

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:56:52 AM

Nicehash Fee
Payouts for balances less than 0.1 to external BTC wallet (4%)

(4%)  Angry Daily

Do you know if any other mining server which accepts Litecoin ?

You can just mine Litecoin and sell it on an exchange.

And the 4% thing is only if you want to be paid daily to an external wallet; if you mine to a Nicehash wallet and pay out from it once in a while, the actual overall percentage is around 2.6 I think (they have a spreadsheet breakdown of fees on their site). For the difference in what you're paid AND in comparison to mining a coin, paying those fees., then selling for bitcoin on an exchange and paying THOSE fees, the Nicehash fees are pretty reasonable.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:56:12 AM

I have two GPU rigs and two ASICS (an S3 and L3+). I have each of them pointed at Nicehash maybe 1/3-1/2 the time, and I always get paid out accurately by Nicehash. Maybe check your settings? Also note that if you set up a Nicehash wallet, you can save on payout fees if you're patient.

Seconded. NH do rinse you on fees, sure, but if that gets you all riled up then do head off to a pool (1-2%) fee, then setup an online wallet, then convert your alt to BTC (-TX fees) just like nicehash pays you in, and then transfer it to a hardware wallet (-TX fees) see how much better off you are.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Mulavad

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:34:31 AM

Thank you guys for the information.
I didn't know how some things working.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:23:03 PM

I have two GPU rigs and two ASICS (an S3 and L3+). I have each of them pointed at Nicehash maybe 1/3-1/2 the time, and I always get paid out accurately by Nicehash. Maybe check your settings? Also note that if you set up a Nicehash wallet, you can save on payout fees if you're patient.

Seconded. NH do rinse you on fees, sure, but if that gets you all riled up then do head off to a pool (1-2%) fee, then setup an online wallet, then convert your alt to BTC (-TX fees) just like nicehash pays you in, and then transfer it to a hardware wallet (-TX fees) see how much better off you are.

When you factor in "pool" AND "exchange" fees, and the transaction fees, you quickly find that Nicehash fees aren't as bad as you first think they are.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:09:36 PM

When you factor in "pool" AND "exchange" fees, and the transaction fees, you quickly find that Nicehash fees aren't as bad as you first think they are.

Yep, by my calculations mining most altcoins on traditional pools needs to pay on average ~8% higher then Nicehash for it to be at the break even point. Factoring in the personal convenience aspect of being paid directly in BTC isn't even part of that equation. Obviously if you want to mine for long term holding rather then to pay your monthly bills it's a different story.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:51:02 PM

Yep, by my calculations mining most altcoins on traditional pools needs to pay on average ~8% higher then Nicehash for it to be at the break even point. Factoring in the personal convenience aspect of being paid directly in BTC isn't even part of that equation. Obviously if you want to mine for long term holding rather then to pay your monthly bills it's a different story.

It's harder to factor in how much you use due to Nicehash switching your hashrate around a lot (and the very short-term losses from that factor).
 They definitely don't have an 8% overall advantage - I'm more inclined to figure that after all costs are taken into account they're lucky if they are even, unless you're running Windows and using their profit-switching software (which make up in part for switching you to more profitable algorithms by costing you MORE outage time in the switching).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: