Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover my Bitcoins if I lost my phone  (Read 894 times)
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:26:52 PM

I still have not tried it but if the wallet is connected with the email and you also activate 2fa I think you can also to go in the wallet though not another phone.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 01:29:53 PM

You must have a backup for your digital wallet or file or else if your wallet is an application for mobile then you can retrieve your password by using the same phone application. Bitcoin wallet isn't dependent on any phone or device.

Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:30:04 PM

I also use coinomi for a mobile wallet.. ive lost my old phone once and retrieved my account on a new phone with the passphrase. It was really simple process and a breeze. I retrieved a few hundred dollars that time haha.. which made losing my phone that so bad. But yeah good luck and hope you get your coins back.
And also lucky you backed up your passphrase or you wouldve been more pissd.
paloloy

Activity: 238

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 01:32:34 PM

I still have not tried it but if the wallet is connected with the email and you also activate 2fa I think you can also to go in the wallet though not another phone.

Indeed, your phone application for Bitcoin wallet can be Retrieved by email because when I signed up my first Bitcoin wallet in wallet.org I'm using my Gmail account so if you did the same then you can retrieve it through your email.

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:38:40 PM

Reinstall the app and enter the 12 word recovery phrase. WARNING: There are a couple of fake coinomi sites out there. Only enter your seed into the official app.

That recovery phrase is tied to all currencies in your coinomi wallet including change addresses. Store it safely, and your coins are safe if your phone is unrooted.

And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS guys keep your recovery phrase backed up in 3 locations, even encrypted on a CD at a family members house if you must, seriously Smiley
jancukiyah

Activity: 137

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:45:13 PM

That's not problem if you lose your phone, because bitcoin not stored on your phone, bitcoin stored at your wallet. You can use another phone and install your wallet, then you can log in your account and access your wallet. Or if the wallet can be accessed from pc, you can use your pc to log in. So, you haven't to worry about it.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 02:51:56 PM

I have stored my Bitcoins in Android wallet (Coinomi wallet).

If I lost my phone then how come will I be able to restore them? I know there is this 12 word phrase key that I have backed up already. Could I use this 12-word key to restore my coins in case I lost my phone or stolen?

Please advice.

Sure,the bitcoins are not stored in your mobile they are just stored in online and your data were encrypted so you can access your bitcoin from anywhere in the world.You can recover your bitcoins through another phone,just download your wallet and login with your private key to get access of your bitcoins.But the important for recovering is that your private key,if you lost that keys you can never recover it.So make backup of keys and the information about wallets in a pen drive and keep it in a safe place to avoid other people using it.

so it is possible to use same wallet with smartphone and desktop computer?

regards

bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:30:42 PM

You most need your phone to login. you can used other devices to login you're wallet as long you did not lost your private key.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:35:28 PM

It depends if you have an account or something that may contain your personal information so they know that whoever is trying to recover your account, it's you. Just don't have troubles with your password and all that.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:57:04 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 12:42:13 PM by Palider

It depends if you have an account or something that may contain your personal information so they know that whoever is trying to recover your account, it's you. Just don't have troubles with your password and all that.
Even if you lose your cellphone as long as you save important information you can still open it. These information are similar to Private Key and Password. But if it's just that you just save your note pad on your cp you'll probably lose your account again. But if you save it you can recover it again. Just people who do not have knowledge of bitcoins pick up your cp do not have to worry about it anymore
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:59:29 PM

If I lost my phone then how come will I be able to restore them? I know there is this 12 word phrase key that I have backed up already. Could I use this 12-word key to restore my coins in case I lost my phone or stolen?

Please advice.

Sure,the bitcoins are not stored in your mobile they are just stored in online and your data were encrypted so you can access your bitcoin from anywhere in the world.You can recover your bitcoins through another phone,just download your wallet and login with your private key to get access of your bitcoins.But the important for recovering is that your private key,if you lost that keys you can never recover it.So make backup of keys and the information about wallets in a pen drive and keep it in a safe place to avoid other people using it.

regards

If its a BTC or LTC wallet, simply import the 12 word seed into electrum or Electrum LTC on your PC.
Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:49:18 PM

There's a program that works through linux that allows you to get your wallet file back though you have to compile it from github.

nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:52:30 PM

Please advice.

regards

If its a BTC or LTC wallet, simply import the 12 word seed into electrum or Electrum LTC on your PC.
That is true but it is a lot harder with my wallet i would suggest to double check your wallet i use blockchain so i do not know which one you use but on blockchain i do not think it is possible to get it back.
Yasman

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:05:44 PM

There is nothing you can do if you don't have any access to the wallet.dat file and the private key.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:10:32 PM

Does the walled supports icloud or google backup ??
 Huh

HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:06:30 PM

One should always keep a copy of their private key in some other phone or should write it somewhere because if you lost your phone or your phone is not working then it will be impossible for you to access that wallet.If the private key of a wallet is known then it can be opened from any other phone also because only the key matters not the phone but if the key is lost then it is not possible for us to recover our money .Our all hard work and money will be wasted .
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:32:52 PM

you can connect with ur site or wallet support with ur email address then they can disable 2 factor and you can enable 2 factor in other device.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:32:35 PM

If your address on the mobile wallet was password protected and you have the pass phrase, nothing to worry about. But if it was not protected, I would not wai much to transfer your bitcoins to some other address, for the unlikely case that the thief or whoever has got your phones understands what bitcoins are.

htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Unless you backed up your bitcoin private key elsewhere, you can not find your bitcoin back. The private key corresponds to your bitcoin, lost nothing, it is impossible to recover.
dukemc

Activity: 431

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:30:30 AM

As other says if you have your private keys or seed for the phone wallet (i.e jaxx) you can restore it everywhere.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: