Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:47:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zen Protocol: Fast, Formally Verified Contracts on a Multi-Hash Mined Network  (Read 19168 times)
zenprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:02:31 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 10:09:08 PM by zenprotocol

Zen Protocol is a blockchain built for finance. Just as Bitcoin is designed as peer-to-peer money, Zen Protocol is designed for peer-to-peer trade, giving you total control over your financial assets.

Zen is built from the ground up to help developers write fast, scalable and reliable smart contracts. The codebase is written from scratch in F#, C#, and our own language, ZF*, a dialect of the language F*, designed by Microsoft Research and Inria for provably correct programming. ZF* makes advanced security techniques like formal verification natural to use. Zen Protocol's contracts can react to events on the Bitcoin blockchain – meaning that Bitcoiners can use Zen's financial system without third parties or intermediaries.

Status

The Zen Protocol testnet is up and running, with code and binaries on Github.

Formally verified, cost-bounded contracts are running on our testnet today.

Our main net goes live in Q2 2018.

Features

Bitcoin integration
Zen Protocol watches the Bitcoin network. Anything that happens in the Bitcoin blockchain can trigger contracts on the Zen blockchain. Zen can act as a sidechain to Bitcoin, using a federated peg, collateral deposit, or, in the future, mechanisms like Drivechain. Zen Protocol uses the full Bitcoin consensus, storing a record of the valid Bitcoin chain with most proof of work.

Fast, Secure Smart Contracts
Contracts are fast and safe. Zen Protocol makes them fast by proving how long they take to run, which means there's no need for a "gas" system. With no need to count gas, Zen Contracts are compiled to machine code, making them an order of magnitude faster. Here's our post on how we make this possible. Here's the code we do it with.

Contracts are safe by design. There's no global state, no accounts system: the Zen Protocol uses a UTXO design, like Bitcoin's, in which contracts store their own data on transaction outputs. The ZF* language also makes it easy for developers to formally verify contracts, in the same language that they write them in. That makes it possible to prove smart contract exploits can't happen.

Multi Hash Mining
Multi Hash Mining is a new way of using many hash functions in Proof of Work mining. Each hash function gets its own difficulty, which adjusts over time to target a hash function ratio. The different hash functions don't have to be used in a set order: if too many blocks are mined using a function then its difficulty increases. Holders of the Zen Native Token can vote to say what the ratio should be. This creates matching incentives for miners and users of the Zen Protocol.

Read our proposal paper on multi hash mining.

Oracles
Our oracle solution is fast, efficient, and profitable for oracle operators. Oracles can commit to gigabytes of data in a single, 200-byte transaction. Oracle users then pay the oracle operator for each individual piece of data they want to use. The only data which gets written to the blockchain are those which users pay for.

Native token use and issuance
Zen's native token is used to activate contracts. Contracts are pay-per-block, meaning they don't use network resources that they don't pay for. The token is also used to vote on what mix of hash functions should be used in Zen Protocol's PoW.

Out of 100 million Zen tokens that will ever exist, 20 million will be created in the genesis block. The remaining 80 million are issued on a six-year halving schedule.

Token Sale and Genesis Block
Full details of the Zen Protocol Sale are available in our blog post.
Twelve million tokens are available for sale, at a price of USD 2.75 per token. This price will be converted into a price in Bitcoins on the 28th of November, 2017. Our pre-sale offers between a 5% and 15% discount, depending on the total purchase size. The token sale begins on the 30th of November, 2017, 16:00 UTC. The sale will run for up to one month.

Team
In no particular order: Adam Perlow, Asher Manning, Doron Somech, Elan Perach, Eleanor Milstein, Isaac Rodgin, Nathan Cook (topynate), and Sharon Urban.

Announcements

All major announcements appear on our blog. We recommend joining the official Telegram group for live updates. We'll also monitor and update this Bitcointalk thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:19:27 PM

Very interesting project.
the market cap: 100 million Zen tokens X 2.75 $
I will follow
crypto me

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:00:27 PM

Independent review of ZEN ICO for german speakers: https://cryptogo.de/zen-protocol/
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:33:59 AM

Network(E) Discovery error with peer: NBitcoin.Protocol.NetworkAddress OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.   at System.Collections.Concurrent.BlockingCollection`1.TryTakeWithNoTimeValidation(T& item, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken, CancellationTokenSource combinedTokenSource)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.BlockingCollection`1.TryTake(T& item, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.BlockingCollection`1.Take(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.PollMessageListener`1.ReceiveMessage(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.NodeListener.ReceivePayload[TPayload](CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.Node.VersionHandshake(NodeRequirement requirements, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.AddressManager.<>c__DisplayClass70_0.<DiscoverPeers>b__1(NetworkAddress p)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
zenprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:58:25 AM

Network(E) Discovery error with peer: NBitcoin.Protocol.NetworkAddress OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.   at System.Collections.Concurrent.BlockingCollection`1.TryTakeWithNoTimeValidation(T& item, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken, CancellationTokenSource combinedTokenSource)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.BlockingCollection`1.TryTake(T& item, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Collections.Concurrent.BlockingCollection`1.Take(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.PollMessageListener`1.ReceiveMessage(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.NodeListener.ReceivePayload[TPayload](CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.Node.VersionHandshake(NodeRequirement requirements, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at NBitcoin.Protocol.AddressManager.<>c__DisplayClass70_0.<DiscoverPeers>b__1(NetworkAddress p)

Thanks for trying the client! There's an open issue on Github. If you want to add details there, we'd really appreciate it.
Isaac-Zen

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:10:28 AM

Very interesting project.
the market cap: 100 million Zen tokens X 2.75 $
I will follow

Thanks! Feel free to ask any questions about the platform.
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:11:21 AM

this project seems serious but the wallet still don't work..

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
Isaac-Zen

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:20:31 PM

this project seems serious but the wallet still don't work..

Wallet should be working on Linux, Mac, and Windows. If you have problems it may be because you have an old version.

If uninstalling and installing current version does not work, please send me a message on Telegram or join the group and I can help you with troubleshooting. - @zenprotocol @IsRod
Dasengineer

Activity: 434
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:18:05 PM

Looks very interestin. Do you guys plan to create a bounty campaign?
Isaac-Zen

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

Looks very interestin. Do you guys plan to create a bounty campaign?

Currently no bounty, but we are open to cooperation for promoting our product. If you want to send a proposal to isaac@zenprotocol.com or message me on telegram at @IsRod we can try to set something up.
Sam123

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:32:40 PM

Hi,
Any comments about below please
https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/progress_reports/22_november_2017.md

channels, shards, light nodes, channel markets, oracles, blockchain, community
                 C  S  L  M  O  B  C    total
Amoveo           9  8  9  9  8  9  2    54
Group Gnosis     1  0  5  0  8  10 10   34
Augur            1  0  5  0  0  10 4    20
Stox             0  0  5  0  0  10 2    17
Bodhi            0  0  3  0  0  10 2    15
Bitshares        0  0  0  0  0  10 4    14
Bitcoin Hivemind 2  0  0  0  0  8  3    13
Zen Protocol     0  0  0  0  0  9  2    11
Aeternity        0  0  0  0  0  1  3    4
Dasengineer

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:35:46 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 10:21:28 AM by Dasengineer

Hello guys.

You are welcome to join the Russian community of Zen Protocol:

https://t.me/zenprotocolrus

Just for your information nearly 3.5mln tokens already redeemed in less then 24 hours.

Syroamst

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 04:31:09 PM

Zen Protocol is selected by ICO Drops!  Cheesy  See https://icodrops.com/zen-protocol/

The Best ICO Calendar
█ █ █   ICO Drops   █ █ █
Rating + Bounty List + ROI
starblocks

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:11:46 AM

This project is completely under the radar and getting nowhere near as much attention as it deserves on the forum here, but the tokens are selling out super fast to some very smart investors!

Good luck to everyone involved hopefully the main net will launch on time successfully

crunchybrain

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:01:39 PM

where can I find demo app?
Dasengineer

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:05:44 PM

where can I find demo app?

Hi. There is no Demo App. Zen has the alpha version of their blockchain which you can check here: https://alpha.zenprotocol.com/
roberval123

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:18:37 PM

Hi Devs,

I have installed the alpha version and have been messing around with it a bit. I left the wallet open overnight and this morning noticed these messages:

lockChain(I) Block 4028 already in store (Branch)
BlockChain(I) Block 4028 already in store (Branch)
BlockChain(I) Block 4028 already in store (Main)

(zen:11032): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property `text' of type `gchararray' from value of type `GtkSharpValue'
BlockChain(I) Block not found:
Network(I) Missing or invalid block requested

(zen:11032): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property `text' of type `gchararray' from value of type `GtkSharpValue'

wallet address: 1z6HNRWUF9S82lKRQzvAFIAHXpemI6sbP37a5JggvqFs=
Dasengineer

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:21:55 PM

Hi Devs,

I have installed the alpha version and have been messing around with it a bit. I left the wallet open overnight and this morning noticed these messages:

lockChain(I) Block 4028 already in store (Branch)
BlockChain(I) Block 4028 already in store (Main)

BlockChain(I) Block not found:
Network(I) Missing or invalid block requested

wallet address: 1z6HNRWUF9S82lKRQzvAFIAHXpemI6sbP37a5JggvqFs=

Better to contact with team via telegram. As you can see there is not much attention to bct as team are very busy during crowdsale. Thanks
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

this will be great for erc20 project, I think
very interesting, I will see the further development of this project, a very good idea to follow this project
good luck

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
irlandescoin

Activity: 567

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:29:49 PM

just invested some btc on this, lets see how it is goes.

back here after the boom in 2013
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: