Bitcoin Forum
November 27, 2021, 04:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 22.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 69152 times)
AltScope

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

Has anyone set these up for digibyte dgb? Can you help me set up a scrypt for the miner? I'm really terrible at it. Figure I can let it make like 16 coins a week and hope it goes big in the future. Would love to solo mine but if a pool is the way to go that's cool too. Just looking for the best rewards.

DGB has allready gone big mate, i was mining em years ago for pittance unfortunatley left my bag at 95 sats on an exchange  Cry you live you learn.

you would need a pool but would likely be better off mining something else and trading that in for DGB or use a multipool that will payout DGB.

all you'd need to do is edit the launch scrypt that comes with the program replace the pool and user details and you're good to go

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hintsal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:29:16 PM

Has anyone set these up for digibyte dgb? Can you help me set up a scrypt for the miner? I'm really terrible at it. Figure I can let it make like 16 coins a week and hope it goes big in the future. Would love to solo mine but if a pool is the way to go that's cool too. Just looking for the best rewards.

DGB has allready gone big mate, i was mining em years ago for pittance unfortunatley left my bag at 95 sats on an exchange  Cry you live you learn.

you would need a pool but would likely be better off mining something else and trading that in for DGB or use a multipool that will payout DGB.

all you'd need to do is edit the launch scrypt that comes with the program replace the pool and user details and you're good to go

Any recommendations on a pool? I was hoping to be able to collect part of the block reward if ever found. Gotta be easier than the litecoin it's been mining for months. It's only managed 0.03 litecoin so far haha.
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:28:51 PM

OK I am lost, I had to reinstall the os on my Pi and started loading BFGminer. It can not find the needed libraries libjansson-dev or libcurl4-openssl-dev as instructed by the first few pages or this thread. I did this all a few short weeks ago and dont remember how I got around this. What am I missing?
Hintsal

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:34:25 PM

Ok what did I do wrong for the multipool setup? Pointed it at the dgb scrypt stratum. Added in my username and password then nothing. wouldn't run.
Added the .1 to my username and it started running.
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

any help would be swell. Really. Back on litecoinpool till i can get this dgb working.
AltScope

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

Ok what did I do wrong for the multipool setup? Pointed it at the dgb scrypt stratum. Added in my username and password then nothing. wouldn't run.
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

any help would be swell. Really. Back on litecoinpool till i can get this dgb working.

did you register?

OK I am lost, I had to reinstall the os on my Pi and started loading BFGminer. It can not find the needed libraries libjansson-dev or libcurl4-openssl-dev as instructed by the first few pages or this thread. I did this all a few short weeks ago and dont remember how I got around this. What am I missing?

apt-get install

pyroandy

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:05:51 PM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
sudo apt-get install -y libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev.
All I ever get is,
E: Unable to locate package libcurl4-gnutls-dev
E: Unable to locate package libjansson-dev
Like they gone.
But I dont know where they should be coming from in the first place.
I reloaded and updated Raspbian again and still no luck.
Anybody know how I can find these library files?
pyroandy

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:50:22 PM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
All I ever get is,
Like they gone.

Update

OK I am back up and running. For some reason when I did a fresh Raspbian install and tried to update it, it did not update my package list this time. I ran sudo apt-get update again and it worked! It can now find the necessary library files.
Hintsal

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:23:27 PM

all registered and apparently some of my coins registered. miner is unstable at these levels though. It disconnected shortly afterwards. Any suggestions on how to edit the script to make it run more stable?
Hintsal

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:15:44 AM

Hmm let it go all night. Looks like it worked just doesn't smash out the accepted shares as fast as on the litecoinpool. Guess I expected it to be faster. And it successfully mined some sia, doge and dgb. Didn't expect it to switch coins but that's fine too I guess.
AltScope

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:00:33 AM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
All I ever get is,
Like they gone.

Update

OK I am back up and running. For some reason when I did a fresh Raspbian install and tried to update it, it did not update my package list this time. I ran sudo apt-get update again and it worked! It can now find the necessary library files.

I had this with my new 3b+ the other day, if you have any other issues its also worth doing rpi-upgrade, gpsp compiled but wouldn't run untill i did that and recompiled!!

pyroandy

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:16:02 AM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
All I ever get is,
Like they gone.

Update

I had this with my new 3b+ the other day, if you have any other issues its also worth doing rpi-upgrade, gpsp compiled but wouldn't run untill i did that and recompiled!!

Being a noob I thought  "sudo apt-get update" was updating the OS. It was not until I had this problem that I learned it is supposed to update the libraries. So next time I will try and update the OS first then the libraries.

Off hand do you know what I need to do to get BFGminer start automatically when the Pi is powered up?
AltScope

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:35:52 AM

Being a noob I thought  "sudo apt-get update" was updating the OS. It was not until I had this problem that I learned it is supposed to update the libraries. So next time I will try and update the OS first then the libraries.

Off hand do you know what I need to do to get BFGminer start automatically when the Pi is powered up?

https://www.dexterindustries.com/howto/run-a-program-on-your-raspberry-pi-at-startup/

you want the rc.local part I believe  Cool

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 1929
Merit: 1310

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:40:29 PM

Hmm let it go all night. Looks like it worked just doesn't smash out the accepted shares as fast as on the litecoinpool. Guess I expected it to be faster. And it successfully mined some sia, doge and dgb. Didn't expect it to switch coins but that's fine too I guess.

The rate accepted shares has nothing to do with how "fast" its mining. Its simply the difficulty the pool has set the shares too. Higher diff, less accepted shares, which is what pools want since their servers would be overloaded if everyone mined low diff shares. Higher shares have more "value" so you mine more litecoin.

Most pools use vardiff, so accepted shares are averaged to around 1 share per minute, regardless of wether you mining with a Moonlander or an L3+.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
LTC:LX5vpxrQE4eLRLPobKwZhw2comkKFCh3p4 - BTC:14w9Lea6kdVzspJk8TQRe7qSYu9LhzJJsh
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:01:10 PM

The rate accepted shares has nothing to do with how "fast" its mining. Its simply the difficulty the pool has set the shares too. Higher diff, less accepted shares, which is what pools want since their servers would be overloaded if everyone mined low diff shares. Higher shares have more "value" so you mine more litecoin.

Most pools use vardiff, so accepted shares are averaged to around 1 share per minute, regardless of wether you mining with a Moonlander or an L3+.

yeah but some pools like zpool have the verdiff set so high it times out and then you are actually NOT mining..

pyroandy

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:38:00 PM

yeah but some pools like zpool have the verdiff set so high it times out and then you are actually NOT mining..

You can set your own diff if they will accept it using D=. If not you probably need to be in another pool.
pyroandy

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:41:39 PM

Being a noob I thought  "sudo apt-get update" was updating the OS. It was not until I had this problem that I learned it is supposed to update the libraries. So next time I will try and update the OS first then the libraries.

https://www.dexterindustries.com/howto/run-a-program-on-your-raspberry-pi-at-startup/

you want the rc.local part I believe  Cool

Thank you Vary helpful. I was not able to find something so comprehensive using Google.
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:36:09 PM

Yea, in those cases just shoot an email to the pool and ask for a low diff port for USB Asics. I know miningpoolhub already lowered the diff for us, and I'm sure other pools would too if enough requests are sent.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Hintsal

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:49:03 AM

Yea, in those cases just shoot an email to the pool and ask for a low diff port for USB Asics. I know miningpoolhub already lowered the diff for us, and I'm sure other pools would too if enough requests are sent.

What diff would you recommend setting at the highest point for the stick?
diveyez

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:17:56 AM

This will help beginners using linux get started building, and using jstefanop's miner setup.
I spoke to him and luke jr about this before writing and sharing it, enjoy
https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander
This will grab all dependencies for the build and its features past only mining with moonlanders, since they are starter devices Wink
You need to follow the instructions given for uart to usb setup.

chmod +X build then ./build
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:00:10 PM

This will help beginners using linux get started building, and using jstefanop's miner setup.
I spoke to him and luke jr about this before writing and sharing it, enjoy
https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander
This will grab all dependencies for the build and its features past only mining with moonlanders, since they are starter devices Wink
You need to follow the instructions given for uart to usb setup.

chmod +X build then ./build

Cool, thanks for sharing. FYI you don't need to install the VCP UART drivers for pi's, linux kernel already has it pre-installed.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: