Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71393 times)
lennyNO

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:05:11 PM

>> Can you mine using bfgminer with the Moonlander2 (ML2) plugged directly into your computer's USB?
Yes, that works fine (at reduced clockfrquency, obviously). So the usb to uart driver is working fine.

>> Do you have a Windows 7 or Windows 10 workstation you can try to mine with?
Ok, it is the hub-driver that seems the problem, not the mining. I connected the hub to a win 7 machine, and then the ML2 is recognised properly (after installing the usb to uart drivers first, of course). I can't use that machine for mining though as it is my job machine.

I looked under device manager on my win7 machine what usb driver it installed and it appears the (VIA?) USB MTT driver. Going to VIAs webpages I get the impression these exist for win7 and up only?? Suck!!! So I am sort of convinced now that it has to do with the default driver my vista machine installs for the hub which is not good enough. If anyone has any suggestion on alternative drivers that may make this thing work under vista, it will be hugely appreciated!!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grumo

Activity: 430
Merit: 22

Professional user

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 05:45:23 PM

How can i mine Scrypt-n coins with this? i dont find a miner that works with this usb

bTCBTCbiᴛcoinᗷTCethDOGEzecⅬTCUSDT
DoofyWops

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:56:54 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 06:20:37 PM by DoofyWops

I'm having an issue getting my Moonlander 2 to be recognized in bfgminer on my Macbook Pro OSX High Sierra 10.13.1.

The Moonlander 2 is recognized in the System Information, but I can't get it to come up in bfgminer using 'auto' or 'all' as a target for the device to add. I'm not really sure what a valid serial port would be. Any suggestions would be great!

Edit: My USB Hub is connected to a monitor, which is then connected via USB-C to my Macbook Pro. So there is some level of indirection to get to the actual USB devices. But my mouse & keyboard work fine so there's that =P

Here's the output from 'ioreg -p IOUSB -w0 -l'

|       +-o FutureBit Moonlander 2@14521200  <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x1000246fc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (23 ms), retain 17>
  |       |   {
  |       |     "sessionID" = 15263740325007
  |       |     "iManufacturer" = 1
  |       |     "bNumConfigurations" = 1
  |       |     "idProduct" = 60000
  |       |     "bcdDevice" = 256
  |       |     "Bus Power Available" = 250
  |       |     "USB Address" = 14
  |       |     "bMaxPacketSize0" = 64
  |       |     "iProduct" = 2
  |       |     "iSerialNumber" = 3
  |       |     "bDeviceClass" = 0
  |       |     "Built-In" = No
  |       |     "locationID" = 340922880
  |       |     "bDeviceSubClass" = 0
  |       |     "bcdUSB" = 512
  |       |     "USB Product Name" = "FutureBit Moonlander 2"
  |       |     "PortNum" = 2
  |       |     "non-removable" = "no"
  |       |     "IOCFPlugInTypes" = {"9dc7b780-9ec0-11d4-a54f-000a27052861"="IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle"}
  |       |     "bDeviceProtocol" = 0
  |       |     "IOUserClientClass" = "IOUSBDeviceUserClientV2"
  |       |     "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=0,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=65536,"MaxPowerState"=4,"DriverPowerState"=3}
  |       |     "kUSBCurrentConfiguration" = 1
  |       |     "Device Speed" = 1
  |       |     "USB Vendor Name" = "FutureBit"
  |       |     "idVendor" = 4292
  |       |     "IOGeneralInterest" = "IOCommand is not serializable"
  |       |     "USB Serial Number" = "<removed>"
  |       |     "IOClassNameOverride" = "IOUSBDevice"
  |       |   }
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1395

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:44:49 PM

I'm having an issue getting my Moonlander 2 to be recognized in bfgminer on my Macbook Pro OSX High Sierra 10.13.1.

The Moonlander 2 is recognized in the System Information, but I can't get it to come up in bfgminer using 'auto' or 'all' as a target for the device to add. I'm not really sure what a valid serial port would be. Any suggestions would be great!

Edit: My USB Hub is connected to a monitor, which is then connected via USB-C to my Macbook Pro. So there is some level of indirection to get to the actual USB devices. But my mouse & keyboard work fine so there's that =P

|       +-o FutureBit Moonlander 2@14521200  <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x1000246fc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (23 ms), retain 17>
  |       |   {
  |       |     "IOCFPlugInTypes" = {"9dc7b780-9ec0-11d4-a54f-000a27052861"="IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle"}
  |       |     "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=0,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=65536,"MaxPowerState"=4,"DriverPowerState"=3}
  |       |   }

Sigh...did you read any part of my post or FAQ before posting this?

Q: My Moonlander 2 is not working with Mac OS 10.13
New security features in Mac OS 10.13 prevent the sililabs UART driver from loading. Until they provide a fix, please use the following workaround:

The workaround is to disable the SIP, installed the driver then enable the SIP.
-Shut down the Mac, start with Cmd-R depressed to boot to the Recovery Partition that will display the System Utilities.
-Open the Terminal and issue the command csrutil status and you will see SIP is enabled. To disable the SIP issue the command csrutil disable and then restart the Mac.
-You can then download and install the latest driver from Silicon Labs, you have the new USB to UART driver installed, and should work with the moonlander now
-Shut down and boot to the System Utilities and issue the command csrutil enable and restart.
-The csrutil disable and csrtil enable can only be issued from the Terminal while booted to Recovery Partition. Yes, this is a PITA but it works.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Astrali

Activity: 281
Merit: 130

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:48:23 PM

Hi, i just have my miner and i running it ant 756 clock and have a error after 5 min runing. The error is :   FutureBit Write error: No space left on device .     
I plug it direct to my laptop, with stock voltige. 
Please any help  Huh     

Thank you !

i get same errors after running them for a while (maybe 1-2 hours) it happens on those i pluged to USB hub and to the one directly to my PSU powered USB3.0 port from PC.

ideas whats causing this?

Thanks Smiley

Join the mining! pool.cryptopowered.club    Smiley   || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:51:27 PM

I see people running these sticks with Rpi s with powered hubs so I wonder... Is this software going to run on armv7 device running kernel 2.6.x. Any maemo freaks here...? That woud be fun...

RPi executable is compiled for armv6 which runs on both amrv6 and armv7 devices. Not sure about really old kernels...that might not even have the UART driver in the kernel, so you would at the very least need to compile the UART driver and load the kernel extension.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
DoofyWops

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:52:20 PM

|       |   {
  |       |   }

New security features in Mac OS 10.13 prevent the sililabs UART driver from loading. Until they provide a fix, please use the following workaround:

-Shut down the Mac, start with Cmd-R depressed to boot to the Recovery Partition that will display the System Utilities.
-Open the Terminal and issue the command csrutil status and you will see SIP is enabled. To disable the SIP issue the command csrutil disable and then restart the Mac.
-You can then download and install the latest driver from Silicon Labs, you have the new USB to UART driver installed, and should work with the moonlander now
-Shut down and boot to the System Utilities and issue the command csrutil enable and restart.
-The csrutil disable and csrtil enable can only be issued from the Terminal while booted to Recovery Partition. Yes, this is a PITA but it works.

No need to sigh. I 100% did all of those steps.

In fact, I did this twice. I did the 2nd installation after running the uninstall.sh script for the driver library (which produces no output when run BTW).
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:55:27 PM

Hi, i just have my miner and i running it ant 756 clock and have a error after 5 min runing. The error is :   FutureBit Write error: No space left on device .     
Please any help  Huh     

Thank you !

i get same errors after running them for a while (maybe 1-2 hours) it happens on those i pluged to USB hub and to the one directly to my PSU powered USB3.0 port from PC.

Thanks Smiley

im investigating this, do the devices stop hashing or they still hash fine with that error? Im pretty sure its related to new work items being sent one right after the other, which happens occasionally. That would cause the UART buffer to fill up, but shouldn't effect the miner (maybe until it gets new work again). Ill try and provide a fix either way in the coming driver update.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:58:33 PM

No need to sigh. I 100% did all of those steps.

In fact, I did this twice. I did the 2nd installation after running the uninstall.sh script for the driver library (which produces no output when run BTW).

plug in miner and go to terminal and do following commands

cd /dev
ls cu.*

you should see a listing for cu.SLAB_USBtoUART

if its not there it means the silicon labs driver is still not being loaded by your system

Astrali

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:59:50 PM

Hi, i just have my miner and i running it ant 756 clock and have a error after 5 min runing. The error is :   FutureBit Write error: No space left on device .      
Please any help  Huh    

Thank you !

Thanks Smiley

im investigating this, do the devices stop hashing or they still hash fine with that error? Im pretty sure its related to new work items being sent one right after the other, which happens occasionally. That would cause the UART buffer to fill up, but shouldn't effect the miner (maybe until it gets new work again). Ill try and provide a fix either way in the coming driver update.

it looks like this:
http://84.200.24.120/write-error.png

mining on litecoinpool right now and had same issue Smiley

Join the mining! pool.cryptopowered.club    Smiley   || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:15:19 PM

Hi, i just have my miner and i running it ant 756 clock and have a error after 5 min runing. The error is :   FutureBit Write error: No space left on device .      
Please any help  Huh    

Thank you !

Thanks Smiley

it looks like this:

No thats a different error, looks like windows is locking write permissions for some reason. Try launching the exe as admin.

markcarline2

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

Currently i start my miner like this:

Code:
sudo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u me.00 -p 00,d=128 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 --set MLD:clock=600
and the output of "lsusb -t" looks like this:

Code:
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/5p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=smsc95xx, 480M
        |__ Port 5: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            |__ Port 1: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
            |__ Port 2: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                |__ Port 1: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
                    |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=cp210x, 12M

I wonder - I'd like to map each username (so "me.00") to an exact miner - Do I *have* to use /dev/ttyUSB0 or can I use some usb bus number to map it directly?  I'd like to be able to pinpoint the hashrates to a miner if possible.
Astrali

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:19:54 PM

No thats a different error, looks like windows is locking write permissions for some reason. Try launching the exe as admin.

Whoops!

you are right ..
i had the same error as described few posts back - the screenshot taken appeared this morning.
i thought it was same error .. so sorry for confusing!
if i get the write error again - i'll screenshot as well Smiley

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:27:07 PM

Please any help  Huh    

Thank you !

Thanks Smiley

it looks like this:

this error is what happens when the sticks run out of power or the hub messes up.
Astrali

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:35:35 PM

Please any help  Huh    

Thank you !

Thanks Smiley

it looks like this:

this error is what happens when the sticks run out of power or the hub messes up.

thats good to know - i plan to get bigger power supply for my hub anyway.

I run 3 at once right now - 2 in hub with 3A (at 4 mh/s each) and 1 miner directly plugged to PC in an USB 3.0 Addin card with direct Power supply.
Neither of those should run out of power at this rate.
i'll try taking off the one in PC cause this seems to be most weak point probably. 5V 3A should be enough for 2 miners at 4mh/s (atleast i think so)

Greetings - Astrali

MinhT

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:36:28 AM

Linux noob here. Could some one include detail instruction for installing the driver.

I am running ubuntu 17 with kernel: 4.13.0-17-generic

I was able to do:

1. make ( your cp210x driver )
2. cp cp210x.ko to /lib/modules/4.13.0-17-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial

but is unable to do step 3:
insmod /lib/modules/4.13.0-17-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko

i get output:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module usbserial.ko: File exists

when i try the insmod with --f i get:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module usbserial.ko: Invalid module format

When I plug into the device and run the script it can't find the device even after i select option to add devices and chose auto. I assume this must be missing driver.

Could some one help me with some detail instruction. Thank You.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:49:05 AM

The fans  on these sticks  may not be  good.

One now shudders making noise  and vibrating the stick.

I pull the two fans and now use external fans  all is well in fact better then when I ran with the little fans  also not as loud.

I can not find it  but someone else  said their fan  became unbalanced and vibrated.

This happens even though  the fan screws are tight and correctly installed,

I have similar issue with fan ( only one of the 3 sticks ordered ).
Time to time starts making really annoying noise ... i also think is's increasing in speed as the noise level is increasing as well (and i can feel unusual vibrations when touch it) but after restarting the miner it's back to normal.
I also tried to tighten/loose the screws but that just change the noise frequency (pitch or what it's called)  Cheesy ... I have quite wide range of fans on hand so will try to find some that fits ... so no big issue.

But have other question.
Wanted to put one of sticks on USB cable and put it between window frames to keep it cold ( i have double windows in my house ) ... miner recognize the stick (green led is on) but won't show any hashrate (just zeros).
Can be the long cable cause of this issue? It's 2 meters long. I tried it with shorter one (1 m) and that works well.

Anyhow, OP you did a great job, thanks for these awesome miniminers.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:49:16 AM

Linux noob here. Could some one include detail instruction for installing the driver.

I am running ubuntu 17 with kernel: 4.13.0-17-generic

I was able to do:

1. make ( your cp210x driver )
2. cp cp210x.ko to /lib/modules/4.13.0-17-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial

but is unable to do step 3:
insmod /lib/modules/4.13.0-17-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko

i get output:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module usbserial.ko: File exists

when i try the insmod with --f i get:
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module usbserial.ko: Invalid module format

When I plug into the device and run the script it can't find the device even after i select option to add devices and chose auto. I assume this must be missing driver.

Could some one help me with some detail instruction. Thank You.

You don't need to install the UART driver under linux, its already included in the kernel. Thats why it says file exists.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:51:33 AM

The fans  on these sticks  may not be  good.

One now shudders making noise  and vibrating the stick.

I pull the two fans and now use external fans  all is well in fact better then when I ran with the little fans  also not as loud.

I can not find it  but someone else  said their fan  became unbalanced and vibrated.

This happens even though  the fan screws are tight and correctly installed,

Can be the long cable cause of this issue? It's 2 meters long. I tried it with shorter one (1 m) and that works well.

Anyhow, OP you did a great job, thanks for these awesome miniminers.

Yes, anything past a few feet probably wont work. The USB chip on this actually uses the older USB 1.1 standard, which has limits on wire length.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:03:54 AM

so i got my pluggable usb hub and now im running all 8..

unfortunately they only run for about 3 to 5 minutes until they ALL stop blinking and need to be restarted.. Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: